Coleman beats Franken for Senate

BlackAsCoal

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2008
Coleman edges Al Franken in Minn. Senate race
By PATRICK CONDON – 56 minutes ago

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Republican Norm Coleman outlasted Democrat Al Franken in one of Minnesota's tightest Senate elections ever, squeaking past the former comedian early Wednesday by a margin that appeared certain to trigger a recount.

With 4,129 of 4,130 precincts reporting, Coleman led Franken by 762 votes out of nearly 2.9 million cast. Coleman had 1,210,790 votes, or 42.03 percent, to Franken's 1,210,028 votes, or 42 percent.

Dean Barkley of the Independence Party was third with 15 percent, and exit poll data showed him pulling about equally from Coleman and Franken.

more t link --
The Associated Press: Coleman edges Al Franken in Minn. Senate race

Never cared much for Franken .. and Coleman is a moderate who will probably vote often with democrats.

Franken was a joke and would have been a complete farce in the hallowed halls of congress...

He may have been a joke on SNL, but on his radio show he knew what he was talking about.

it ain't over, a state mandatory recount has to be done... is what the article said????

Coleman edges Al Franken in Minn. Senate race
By PATRICK CONDON – 56 minutes ago

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Republican Norm Coleman outlasted Democrat Al Franken in one of Minnesota's tightest Senate elections ever, squeaking past the former comedian early Wednesday by a margin that appeared certain to trigger a recount.

With 4,129 of 4,130 precincts reporting, Coleman led Franken by 762 votes out of nearly 2.9 million cast. Coleman had 1,210,790 votes, or 42.03 percent, to Franken's 1,210,028 votes, or 42 percent.

Dean Barkley of the Independence Party was third with 15 percent, and exit poll data showed him pulling about equally from Coleman and Franken.

more t link --
The Associated Press: Coleman edges Al Franken in Minn. Senate race

Never cared much for Franken .. and Coleman is a moderate who will probably vote often with democrats.

Sorry Buddy. I know you don't like Frankin so here you go.

Franken, Coleman race heads for recount - Decision ?08 ? Senate

:lol:

He may have been a joke on SNL, but on his radio show he knew what he was talking about.

These people don't understand satire.

And even after this election, they will STILL argue with us.

And you know that honeymoon America used to give EVERY president after the election up until Clinton? Let's see if the GOP give Obama that respect. They sure didn't give it to Bill. They started attacking him before he was even sworn in.

Ok, Bush didn't get a honeymoon either but that's because he stole Florida and divided the country in doing so.

Most new presidents enjoy a honeymoon when many people of all parties respond positively to a new face in the White House and are willing to give the new administration the benefit of the doubt. George W. Bush will have to work hard to have any kind of honeymoon. A new Harris Poll underlines the difficulties that the new president will have in healing the wounds caused by the Florida election and in bringing the country together.

The Harris Poll, which was conducted by telephone among a nationwide cross section of 1,025 adults between December 14 and 21, 2000 finds that public attitudes are still very sharply polarized with big majorities of Democrats believing that Al Gore would have won the election if all the votes had been counted accurately, and that the process was "unfair."

However, a slender 42% to 38% plurality of all adults believes George W. Bush will be a better president than Bill Clinton and a modest 51% to 42% majority believes that "bipartisanship with the parties working together" is more likely than "hostility and gridlock" in Washington.

hahahahahah!!!! Harris Interactive | The Harris Poll - No Honeymoon for President Bush?

I hope the Brooklyn boy makes it through the recount. Al Franken was a joke, seriously.

Coleman is another Bush.

Apparently you still don't realize what the GOP did to us working stiffs over the past 8 years. Maybe one day it'll dawn on you.

Thank God 350 electoral votes worth of America did get it before the election.

I can't believe any states went red, to be honest. I say we fuck them like they fucked us the last 8 years.

I remember the Big 3 BEGGED Bush to help them and he said FUCK Michigan. Fuck Ohio! Apparently he didn't care enough to even keep Ohio Red.

Boy did Bush fuck the GOP.

These people don't understand satire.

And even after this election, they will STILL argue with us.

And you know that honeymoon America used to give EVERY president after the election up until Clinton? Let's see if the GOP give Obama that respect. They sure didn't give it to Bill. They started attacking him before he was even sworn in.

and it wasn't given to bush either

Last I head, machine pols in Milwaukie had created enough votes out of thin air to put Franken ahead.

Personally, I have always found Franken as wise as a cigar store indian, and as funny as a mid air collision between 747s over an orphanage. The fact that anyone in that benighted state voted for him makes them the new but of intellectual jokes. Blonds have now moved up a level, as the people of Minnesota have taken their place.

Last I head, machine pols in Milwaukie had created enough votes out of thin air to put Franken ahead.

Personally, I have always found Franken as wise as a cigar store indian, and as funny as a mid air collision between 747s over an orphanage. The fact that anyone in that benighted state voted for him makes them the new but of intellectual jokes. Blonds have now moved up a level, as the people of Minnesota have taken their place.

the election would probably turn on the machine pols in Milwaukie(sic) if Milwaukee was in Minnesota.

unfortunately, it has the temerity to be in Wisconsin.

Milwaukee?

Are you one of those geographically challenged americans we always read about, that can't find North America on a map of the world?

Forum List

Back