Cole A Yank!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
"GERRIT COLESIGNS $324 MILLION CONTRACT... With NY Yankees

Gerrit Cole just got PAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDD!!!

The superstar ace reportedly just signed a new 9-year, $324 MILLION contract with the New York Yankees ... making him the highest-paid pitcher EVER!!!

Cole was electric for the Houston Astros the past two years ... piling up 602 strikeouts in 412.2 innings, and he finished second in the AL Cy Young voting just a couple weeks ago.

He was the hottest free agent on the market this offseason ... with the Yanks, LA Angels and LA Dodgers reportedly falling all over themselves to ink the 29-year-old.

But bidding ended Tuesday night ... 'cause Cole signed the biggest pitcher contract of all-time to move from Texas to New York.

In case you're wondering just how massive of a deal it is ... if Cole makes 33 starts for the Yankees this year like he did for the 'Stros last year -- he'll make more than $1 MIL PER OUTING!!!

As for Cole's agent, Scott Boras ... the dude is SWIMMING in cash this offseason -- he also repped Stephen Strasburg, who signed a $245 MILLION deal this week with the Nationals.

The one downside for Cole to all of this? The Yankees don't allow facial hair, so his beard will have to go in 2019."
Gerrit Cole Signs Record-Breaking $324 MILLION Contract With NY Yankees

I got all excited when Cohen bought the Mets. I thought we were going to make a run at Cole and Rendon. What a disappointment

I got all excited when Cohen bought the Mets. I thought we were going to make a run at Cole and Rendon. What a disappointment

I heard so many similar calls on the FAN radio, Met fans with their wish list.

I kinda hoped for the same thing as I'd have two teams to watch....

But I was elated this morn!!!

Will miss DiDi.

I heard so many similar calls on the FAN radio, Met fans with their wish list.

I kinda hoped for the same thing as I'd have two teams to watch....

But I was elated this morn!!!

Will miss DiDi.

wheres didi going?

My son came out last night, around 12:30 in the morning, and told me about this. He's a big Yanks fan.

"When it comes to keeping [Aaron] Judge in the Bronx for the rest of his career, however, avoiding arbitration with the face of the franchise is a monumental step in the right direction.

In his first year of arbitration, the Yankees and their 6-foot-7 slugger agreed upon a one-year, $8.5 million pact -- after earning $684,300 in 2019, Judge's salary increased by over 1,200 percent."
What Aaron Judge Avoiding Arbitration Means For His Future in New York

Rumor has it that Judge is incensed that Hunter Biden did better!!

So...how much dead money will be on this contract? $30 million? $60 million? More?

It isn't about money.

It's ALWAYS about money. Claiming otherwise is, to put it mildly, absurd.

Seems you're not much of a sports fan.
Either that or you don't understand it.
Bullshit.

Barnyard vulgarity......the white flag.

Accepted.

So...how much dead money will be on this contract? $30 million? $60 million? More?

It isn't about money.

Bullshit.

Accepted.

You have no idea what you are blathering about. As usual. I will not waste my time trying to explain it to you, since you will not listen.

It isn't about money.

Bullshit.

Accepted.

You have no idea what you are blathering about. As usual. I will not waste my time trying to explain it to you, since you will not listen.

OK....see ya'.....

If Mr. Cole averages 30 starts a year, and averages 100 pitches per start...

...he will be paid approximately 10,000 PER PITCH during the term of this contract.

New Topics

Forum List

Back