Coldtober: The Planet Has a Fever

Vancouver breaks 103-year-old temperature record as arctic front continues …

Chicago gets earliest snowfall in 30 years

Utah sees record cold of -43.6 ºF

Denver Weather: Another Record Broken

Yep, not surprised, that's how it usually comes down. Still running A/C here in the east. And then when we're frigid, Alaska is baking.

Fall Heat Wave Crushed All-Time October Records in 80 Cities in South and East
  • Heat more like August than October seared the South and East as October kicked off.
  • All-time October record highs were tied or set from the Southeast to the Ohio Valley and Northeast.
  • This followed one of the hottest Septembers on record in some of the same areas.

And global average temperatures are well above average.

Just what about "The lower-48 USA is less than 2% of the globe" confuses you so?

Good point, he did say "the planet has a fever" didn't he.

Must be that inability to see what we call "context".

Just what about "The lower-48 USA is less than 2% of the globe" confuses you so?

In other news the chocolate ration has been raised from 30 grams to 25 grams.

Must be casual non-sequitur Friday again. :dunno:

Just pointing out the usual AGW freaks use of stats that can be easily manipulated to produce the results they want.

Just pointing out the usual AGW freaks use of stats that can be easily manipulated to produce the results they want.

You mean the OP?

Pretty sure "Vancouver, Utah, Chicago and Denver" don't comprise "the planet".
I mean what about Button? What about Nipple? What about very wonderful places in Germany? Don't they count?

You mean the OP?

I mean what about Button? What about Nipple? What about very wonderful places in Germany? Don't they count?
I’m so old I remember when hurricanes would have a category 6 and would hit the US more and more frequently.

And someone actually won a Nobel for that bullshit.

You mean the OP?

For AGW people they only count when the weather backs up their hysteria.

In other news as Global Cooling is attempting to bring on a ice age there has been no sight of global warming in Chicago after Cortez has been spotted looking for it...

All of you will not find it funny if a Ice Age happens and we need cow farts to warm the planet up!!!

You mean the OP?

I’m so old I remember when hurricanes would have a category 6 and would hit the US more and more frequently.

And someone actually won a Nobel for that bullshit.

Yeah there's no such thing. Thanks for playin'.

You mean the OP?

No idea what that means but as we all know, though there are those among us who really really really wanna play "I'm too stupid", "weather" and "climate" are two different things distinguished by temporal perspective.

Take the OP. Please. He seems to want to act surprised that cold places are getting cold in November.

Vancouver breaks 103-year-old temperature record as arctic front continues …

Chicago gets earliest snowfall in 30 years

Utah sees record cold of -43.6 ºF

Denver Weather: Another Record Broken

Yep, not surprised, that's how it usually comes down. Still running A/C here in the east. And then when we're frigid, Alaska is baking.

Fall Heat Wave Crushed All-Time October Records in 80 Cities in South and East
  • Heat more like August than October seared the South and East as October kicked off.
  • All-time October record highs were tied or set from the Southeast to the Ohio Valley and Northeast.
  • This followed one of the hottest Septembers on record in some of the same areas.

There's more afoot apparently. While I was noticing fierce ocean winds here in eastern NC and drama thunderstorms overnight, friends and relatives in PA and NJ report having had hurricane-like conditions, downed trees, power outages school closings etc. So extremes "here" balanced by extremes "there". That's how it's always worked when you don't cherrypick "Vancouver/Denver/Utah/Chicago" and award them the title of "the planet" because you didn't bother to look anywhere else for the yang that makes the yin.

Last edited:

You mean the OP?

No idea what that means but as we all know, though there are those among us who really really really wanna play "I'm too stupid", "weather" and "climate" are two different things distinguished by temporal perspective.

Take the OP. Please. He seems to want to act surprised that cold places are getting cold in November.

AGW people don't point to every heat wave as a sign of AGW?

You mean the OP?

Again --- I don't know "AGW people". I don't know what that is.

You mean the OP?

Dodge, duck, dip, dive....and dodge.

You mean the OP?

Thanks for uh, clearing that up with the letter D. How vaguely interesting.

Thanks for uh, clearing that up with the letter D. How vaguely interesting.

If you don't get the reference, your fault not mine.

Try to figure it out.

Forum List

Back