Cold Cheese Sandwich Compassion

They think it "humiliates" them that they have to be singled out by eating something different then the paying kids. This PC bullcrap is annoying as hell IMO. Life is hard and the sooner the kids figure it out the better. Kids today are such wimps :lol:

the kids are probably cool with it,, it mama that's crying and all they gotta do is send the money, sign the paperwork,, or,, pack a lunch.

I remember my mama used to fill a thermos with hot soup and tie a hot dog on a string and stick it in the hot soup and pack a bun,, I loved it.. I was lucky I had a stay at home mom,

You were lucky. My mom used leave early for work and I had to fend for myself. I ate PB & J almost every day and whatever chips or cookies we had in the house,and packed it myself (imagine that..it can be done,even when you are 6 or 7). They didn't have freebie lunches back then. You either paid for it that day,brought it with you, or you went hungry...period.

Kids need to learn how to suck it up and fend for themself if their parents are lazy. If all you get is a cheese sandwich..then learn to deal instead of whine. There is no reason for parents not to fill out those free lunch forms anyway...they give them to you the same day you register the kids for school for crap sake!

Here, Virginia, the state sends the form out a month before school starts ( to those already registerd at school) so one can fill it out and send it in well before school starts and the kids are covered in case they need it the day school starts.

Nope,see this is like those new rules in kids sports were you shouldn't keep score because it is mean and hurts their feelers. Kids can learn that life is full of hard knocks..it's not gonna kill em. They don't have to all be the "same".

The purpose isn't to make the kids feel good and feel the same.

The purpose is to save a shitload of money.

Cheese sandwiches are cheap as shit! And they aren't bad for you nutritionally.

They think it "humiliates" them that they have to be singled out by eating something different then the paying kids. This PC bullcrap is annoying as hell IMO. Life is hard and the sooner the kids figure it out the better. Kids today are such wimps :lol:

I think all the kids should eat the same thing.

Here is a sample menu for the week:

Monday: Yellow American Cheese on white, 1% milk
Tuesday: White American Cheese on wheat, 1.5% milk
Wednesday: Swiss Cheese on rye, 1% chocolate milk
Thursday: Chedder on white, whole milk
Friday: Grilled American (choice of white or yellow) on wheat, 2% milk

Each day would also have carrot sticks and apple slices.

If the parents give me any flack for that, I'll bust a cap in their ass!

Nope,see this is like those new rules in kids sports were you shouldn't keep score because it is mean and hurts their feelers. Kids can learn that life is full of hard knocks..it's not gonna kill em. They don't have to all be the "same".

This "same" stuff is why I had to but two sets of clothes in LA when were were stationed there, one uniform and the other regular clothes. So children would not feel left out-- that was the main reason the school board passed it-- not for bare bellies ( the girls figured that out as soon as they tied the Polos in a knot) bu so no one felt lesser than another.

CaféAuLait;1083424 said:
This "same" stuff is why I had to but two sets of clothes in LA when were were stationed there, one uniform and the other regular clothes. So children would not feel left out-- that was the main reason the school board passed it-- not for bare bellies ( the girls figured that out as soon as they tied the Polos in a knot) bu so no one felt lesser than another.

I don't want to see anyone's muffintop.

CaféAuLait;1083418 said:
the kids are probably cool with it,, it mama that's crying and all they gotta do is send the money, sign the paperwork,, or,, pack a lunch.

I remember my mama used to fill a thermos with hot soup and tie a hot dog on a string and stick it in the hot soup and pack a bun,, I loved it.. I was lucky I had a stay at home mom,

You were lucky. My mom used leave early for work and I had to fend for myself. I ate PB & J almost every day and whatever chips or cookies we had in the house,and packed it myself (imagine that..it can be done,even when you are 6 or 7). They didn't have freebie lunches back then. You either paid for it that day,brought it with you, or you went hungry...period.

Kids need to learn how to suck it up and fend for themself if their parents are lazy. If all you get is a cheese sandwich..then learn to deal instead of whine. There is no reason for parents not to fill out those free lunch forms anyway...they give them to you the same day you register the kids for school for crap sake!

Here, Virginia, the state sends the form out a month before school starts ( to those already registerd at school) so one can fill it out and send it in well before school starts and the kids are covered in case they need it the day school starts.

They may do that here also(not sure),but I do know that if the kids were signed up and qualified the prior year, they are sill covered for 30 days after school starts up again the next year...giving you time to either sign up on registration day or visit the office after school starts to fill it out.

What if they're lactose intolerant?

Just kidding, let 'em go hungry.

Cause you know there's like nothing better for everyone concerned than trying to teach kids who are hungry because their parents are too incompetent to make sure they have eaten breakfast and have money for lunch.
i guess you missed the point then

CaféAuLait;1083418 said:

They may do that here also(not sure),but I do know that if the kids were signed up and qualified the prior year, they are sill covered for 30 days after school starts up again the next year...giving you time to either sign up on registration day or visit the office after school starts to fill it out.

Wow I was not aware of that., the thirty day thing.

CaféAuLait;1083424 said:

Yes,that kind of stuff is obnoxious. Letters from our school were sent home telling the parents not to buy their kids "trendy" or "colorful" school supplies because it made the less fortunate children feel bad. Please...most of the time the less fortunate kids were using the supplies the other parents donated to the class.

CaféAuLait;1083424 said:

Yes,that kind of stuff is obnoxious. Letters from our school were sent home telling the parents not to buy their kids "trendy" or "colorful" school supplies because it made the less fortunate children feel bad. Please...most of the time the less fortunate kids were using the supplies the other parents donated to the class.

And wearing 200 dollar sneakers!

CaféAuLait;1083230 said:
Tearful mothers pleaded with school districts to stop singling out children by feeding them cheese sandwiches. Students are vowing, they "...will never eat sliced cheese again" after having to eat them as a "courtesy meal." Cheese sandwich anger is palpable and is being interpreted as a "singling out or punishment" of poor children.

Goes on:

We live in a deluded state of entitlement in this country. Our perceptions of what we deserve don't quite line up with our bottom line. Not being able to meet the expense of a house doesn't stop some of us from purchasing one, forgoing the mortgage payment, blaming predatory lenders for our predicament and expecting the government to come up with the monetary solution.

This type of attitude is indicative of the practice of sending children to school without lunch, running up a delinquent tab, expecting kids to be eligible for free hot pastrami on rye and then protesting when all they get is a "cold cheese sandwich".

Here it is a bowl of cereal and toast if a child repeatedly "forgets" their lunch money. A free lunch program IS in place and the parameters for those who qualify are high IMO. Either way every family is asked to fill out the application even if you WILL NOT qualify since the school gets a credit based on the amount of children enrolled. All it would take is to fill out the small piece of paper if you cannot afford lunch-- but they do not fill it out then complain when their child is given cereal instead of the hot lunch for the day.

American Thinker: Cold Cheese Sandwich Compassion

I love cheese and mayo sandwich!

By the way the Free/Reduced Lunch applications are lied on all the time. If someone is poor enough they can actually lie on the application and probably get away with it. Even though they ask you for your Socical Security Numbers that program is basically on an honor system. They do not check on it at all. Trust me I know, I use to be in charge of it and had to go to training classes and I asked!

The only way one would get caught is this way: If a parent pulls up in a nice car, and obviously has the look of money; they put on the application they have 9 kids when their little boy/girl in school talks about their bother's and sisters all the time so the school would know how many they have but still, they can only call you on it. There is no reporting system for it.

I knew some families were lying through their teeth and I wanted to do something about it, and learned there wasn't a damn thing I could do.

For the kids that forget their lunch money, do the mothers expect the school to give their kids filet mignon with port wine demiglace, argula salad with candied walnuts and crumbled gorgonzola, twice baked garlic mashed potatoes, and tiramisu?

FUCK NO!

Cheese sandwiches are yummy!

The then kids will really be full of shit because all of them would be constipated. :lol:

The then kids will really be full of shit because all of them would be constipated. :lol:

I suppose you have a point.

They could have little Exlax chocolate bars for dessert.

Yes, but *my* kid did not get any!!! :eusa_eh:

I don't think Exlax would do the trick and besides the feel good left will say that the kids will have forever bowel problems because their tiny body's got use to the exlax. LOL

CaféAuLait;1083230 said:
Tearful mothers pleaded with school districts to stop singling out children by feeding them cheese sandwiches. Students are vowing, they "...will never eat sliced cheese again" after having to eat them as a "courtesy meal." Cheese sandwich anger is palpable and is being interpreted as a "singling out or punishment" of poor children.

Goes on:

We live in a deluded state of entitlement in this country. Our perceptions of what we deserve don't quite line up with our bottom line. Not being able to meet the expense of a house doesn't stop some of us from purchasing one, forgoing the mortgage payment, blaming predatory lenders for our predicament and expecting the government to come up with the monetary solution.

This type of attitude is indicative of the practice of sending children to school without lunch, running up a delinquent tab, expecting kids to be eligible for free hot pastrami on rye and then protesting when all they get is a "cold cheese sandwich".

Here it is a bowl of cereal and toast if a child repeatedly "forgets" their lunch money. A free lunch program IS in place and the parameters for those who qualify are high IMO. Either way every family is asked to fill out the application even if you WILL NOT qualify since the school gets a credit based on the amount of children enrolled. All it would take is to fill out the small piece of paper if you cannot afford lunch-- but they do not fill it out then complain when their child is given cereal instead of the hot lunch for the day.

By the way the Free/Reduced Lunch applications are lied on all the time. If someone is poor enough they can actually lie on the application and probably get away with it. Even though they ask you for your Socical Security Numbers that program is basically on an honor system. They do not check on it at all. Trust me I know, I use to be in charge of it and had to go to training classes and I asked!

The only way one would get caught is this way: If a parent pulls up in a nice car, and obviously has the look of money; they put on the application they have 9 kids when their little boy/girl in school talks about their bother's and sisters all the time so the school would know how many they have but still, they can only call you on it. There is no reporting system for it.

I knew some families were lying through their teeth and I wanted to do something about it, and learned there wasn't a damn thing I could do.

My daughters friend has no siblings they live in a 1.5 million dollar home ( nothing much around here) and they get free lunch. I was livid when I found out. :evil:

CaféAuLait;1083526 said:
CaféAuLait;1083230 said:
Goes on:

My daughters friend has no siblings they live in a 1.5 million dollar home ( nothing much around here) and they get free lunch. I was livid when I found out. :evil:
There you go, they lie on the application clear and simple! You would be surprized at how many lie on it.

There was nothing I could do either.

CaféAuLait;1083526 said:
CaféAuLait;1083230 said:
Goes on:

what odds would you place on that home being bailed out on a bad mortage

;)

CaféAuLait;1083526 said:

what odds would you place on that home being bailed out on a bad mortage

;)

The same odd's I'd give that Rev Wright is a racist. :eusa_shhh:

New Topics

Forum List

Back