Cold Cheese Sandwich Compassion

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Tearful mothers pleaded with school districts to stop singling out children by feeding them cheese sandwiches. Students are vowing, they "...will never eat sliced cheese again" after having to eat them as a "courtesy meal." Cheese sandwich anger is palpable and is being interpreted as a "singling out or punishment" of poor children.

Goes on:

We live in a deluded state of entitlement in this country. Our perceptions of what we deserve don't quite line up with our bottom line. Not being able to meet the expense of a house doesn't stop some of us from purchasing one, forgoing the mortgage payment, blaming predatory lenders for our predicament and expecting the government to come up with the monetary solution.

This type of attitude is indicative of the practice of sending children to school without lunch, running up a delinquent tab, expecting kids to be eligible for free hot pastrami on rye and then protesting when all they get is a "cold cheese sandwich".

Here it is a bowl of cereal and toast if a child repeatedly "forgets" their lunch money. A free lunch program IS in place and the parameters for those who qualify are high IMO. Either way every family is asked to fill out the application even if you WILL NOT qualify since the school gets a credit based on the amount of children enrolled. All it would take is to fill out the small piece of paper if you cannot afford lunch-- but they do not fill it out then complain when their child is given cereal instead of the hot lunch for the day.

American Thinker: Cold Cheese Sandwich Compassion

For the kids that forget their lunch money, do the mothers expect the school to give their kids filet mignon with port wine demiglace, argula salad with candied walnuts and crumbled gorgonzola, twice baked garlic mashed potatoes, and tiramisu?

FUCK NO!

Cheese sandwiches are yummy!

CaféAuLait;1083230 said:
Tearful mothers pleaded with school districts to stop singling out children by feeding them cheese sandwiches. Students are vowing, they "...will never eat sliced cheese again" after having to eat them as a "courtesy meal." Cheese sandwich anger is palpable and is being interpreted as a "singling out or punishment" of poor children.

Goes on:

We live in a deluded state of entitlement in this country. Our perceptions of what we deserve don't quite line up with our bottom line. Not being able to meet the expense of a house doesn't stop some of us from purchasing one, forgoing the mortgage payment, blaming predatory lenders for our predicament and expecting the government to come up with the monetary solution.

This type of attitude is indicative of the practice of sending children to school without lunch, running up a delinquent tab, expecting kids to be eligible for free hot pastrami on rye and then protesting when all they get is a "cold cheese sandwich".

Here it is a bowl of cereal and toast if a child repeatedly "forgets" their lunch money. A free lunch program IS in place and the parameters for those who qualify are high IMO. Either way every family is asked to fill out the application even if you WILL NOT qualify since the school gets a credit based on the amount of children enrolled. All it would take is to fill out the small piece of paper if you cannot afford lunch-- but they do not fill it out then complain when their child is given cereal instead of the hot lunch for the day.

I saw two women interviewed on Fox.. With of course these opposing viewpoints.. The children were fed cold cheese sandwiches. After repeatedly being sent to school without their lunch money and without their parent filling out the necessary paperwork to receive reduced price or free lunches..Personally I love cheese sandwiches and don't see the need here for victimhood,, rather it goes right back to a parent doing what is best for the child.. fill out the papers, send the money,, or gosh almighty damn,, pack your child a lunch.. homecooking is the best cooking.

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!

they are complaining about getting something for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, bet it would be so much better if they went hungry
:rolleyes:

Along with the sandwich they were served fruit and a glass of milk.. yep they are complaining.. Read the article,, it's eye opening..

CaféAuLait;1083230 said:

Goes on:

I saw two women interviewed on Fox.. With of course these opposing viewpoints.. The children were fed cold cheese sandwiches. After repeatedly being sent to school without their lunch money and without their parent filling out the necessary paperwork to receive reduced price or free lunches..Personally I love cheese sandwiches and don't see the need here for victimhood,, rather it goes right back to a parent doing what is best for the child.. fill out the papers, send the money,, or gosh almighty damn,, pack your child a lunch.. homecooking is the best cooking.

It makes not a bit of sense IMO. They do not want their children "stigmatized”, “because all the kids know what a cold cheese sandwich means" but will not life a freaking pen up and fill out the application!

I volunteer at a shelter, I would like to know why the homeless and anyone else benefiting (as long as they are of sound body) are not asked to ladle soup or pack a few grocery bags for an hour to benefit first? It would help immensely if we had more help!

Nope, no offers, just complaints-- it's cold, not enough bread, I don't like milk, I want soda!!! GMAFB

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!

they are complaining about getting something for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, bet it would be so much better if they went hungry
:rolleyes:

Fucking bitches! I sometimes eat cheese sandwiches.

The purpose of lunch is so that you have something in your belly to hold your through till dinner.

If it happens to just two pieces of bread and a single dill pickle, just shove it in and keep on movin'!

For the kids that forget their lunch money, do the mothers expect the school to give their kids filet mignon with port wine demiglace, argula salad with candied walnuts and crumbled gorgonzola, twice baked garlic mashed potatoes, and tiramisu?

FUCK NO!

They think it "humiliates" them that they have to be singled out by eating something different then the paying kids. This PC bullcrap is annoying as hell IMO. Life is hard and the sooner the kids figure it out the better. Kids today are such wimps :lol:

FUCK NO!

They think it "humiliates" them that they have to be singled out by eating something different then the paying kids. This PC bullcrap is annoying as hell IMO. Life is hard and the sooner the kids figure it out the better. Kids today are such wimps :lol:

the kids are probably cool with it,, it mama that's crying and all they gotta do is send the money, sign the paperwork,, or,, pack a lunch.

I remember my mama used to fill a thermos with hot soup and tie a hot dog on a string and stick it in the hot soup and pack a bun,, I loved it.. I was lucky I had a stay at home mom,

FUCK NO!

the kids are probably cool with it,, it mama that's crying and all they gotta do is send the money, sign the paperwork,, or,, pack a lunch.

I remember my mama used to fill a thermos with hot soup and tie a hot dog on a string and stick it in the hot soup and pack a bun,, I loved it.. I was lucky I had a stay at home mom,

Sounds like she cared my grandmother used to make hardboiled eggs and then place them in our hands ( hot) as we left to walk to school when it was cold out—we hand warm hands on the way to school and lunch!

FUCK NO!

I think all the kids should eat the same thing.

Here is a sample menu for the week:

Monday: Yellow American Cheese on white, 1% milk
Tuesday: White American Cheese on wheat, 1.5% milk
Wednesday: Swiss Cheese on rye, 1% chocolate milk
Thursday: Chedder on white, whole milk
Friday: Grilled American (choice of white or yellow) on wheat, 2% milk

Each day would also have carrot sticks and apple slices.

If the parents give me any flack for that, I'll bust a cap in their ass!

CaféAuLait;1083384 said:

Sounds like she cared my grandmother used to make hardboiled eggs and then place them in our hands ( hot) as we left to walk to school when it was cold out—we hand warm hands on the way to school and lunch!

they were creative and resourceful,

What if they're lactose intolerant?

Just kidding, let 'em go hungry.

Cause you know there's like nothing better for everyone concerned than trying to teach kids who are hungry because their parents are too incompetent to make sure they have eaten breakfast and have money for lunch.

FUCK NO!

sounds Marxistish!

sounds Marxistish![/QUOTE]

Only if they had to wait in very long lines.

To me, it sounds like lunch.

FUCK NO!

You were lucky. My mom used leave early for work and I had to fend for myself. I ate PB & J almost every day and whatever chips or cookies we had in the house,and packed it myself (imagine that..it can be done,even when you are 6 or 7). They didn't have freebie lunches back then. You either paid for it that day,brought it with you, or you went hungry...period.

Kids need to learn how to suck it up and fend for themself if their parents are lazy. If all you get is a cheese sandwich..then learn to deal instead of whine. There is no reason for parents not to fill out those free lunch forms anyway...they give them to you the same day you register the kids for school for crap sake!

FUCK NO!

Nope,see this is like those new rules in kids sports were you shouldn't keep score because it is mean and hurts their feelers. Kids can learn that life is full of hard knocks..it's not gonna kill em. They don't have to all be the "same".

Forum List

Back