Colbert on Mika's Palin Fatigue

Is it just me, or do you think Righties might be just a little easier to take seriously if they stopped defending that doofus?

For real, do you see Democrats bending over backwards to defend Maxine Waters or Keith Olberdork?

Lots of 'righties' don't defend Palin. We think the left's obsession with her is funny though. If it wasn't for the left, no one would mention her, except for a couple of seriously stupid people on the board.

Y'all look very obsessed about her. That's all.... and I do find that funny.

So you admit that she's an intellectually bankrupt doofus?

In order to be intellectually bankrupt, she would have had to had an intellect to lose. I have no evidence to support the theory that Palin ever had an intellect, so 'intellectually bankrupt', probably not. Plain old stupid, yep.

Is it just me, or do you think Righties might be just a little easier to take seriously if they stopped defending that doofus?

For real, do you see Democrats bending over backwards to defend Maxine Waters or Keith Olberdork?

Lots of 'righties' don't defend Palin. We think the left's obsession with her is funny though. If it wasn't for the left, no one would mention her, except for a couple of seriously stupid people on the board.

you don't really believe that BS, do you?

she was just on Hannity.

she gets paid a fortune to speak in front of groups.

she is the subject of rightwingnut thread after thread...

she has her own reality show (albeit a stupid one)

she tweets and facebooks everything so she doesn't get held accountable for anything... while never ever ever shutting her mouth.

she said on national tv that she thnks she could win the presidency from president obama

honey, ALL SHE DOES IS SEEK ATTENTION

what some people do is make fun of her for it.

apparently that gets the rightwingnuts panties in a bunch.

I don't watch Hannity so I wouldn't know. Here's what I do know, though, when kids are attention seeking, giving them that attention sends the wrong message. :eusa_angel:

I find it quite straightforward to ignore politicians and pundits. I turn off the tv, or, maybe change the channel. But I don't watch or read crap.

And, since my internet is very slow, I can't watch the clip... which is annoying... because Colbert is funny.

she was just on Hannity.

she tweets and facebooks everything so she doesn't get held accountable for anything... while never ever ever shutting her mouth.

she said on national tv that she thnks she could win the presidency from president obama

I don't watch Hannity so I wouldn't know. Here's what I do know, though, when kids are attention seeking, giving them that attention sends the wrong message. :eusa_angel:

I find it quite straightforward to ignore politicians and pundits. I turn off the tv, or, maybe change the channel. But I don't watch or read crap.

And, since my internet is very slow, I can't watch the clip... which is annoying... because Colbert is funny.

so let me get this straight... we should pretend palin doesn't exist when she insists on running her mouth constantly?

I think she deserves to be made fun of and often, lest anyone actually take her seriously. :thup:

btw, her unfavorables are up at about 60%. where do you think they'd be without the light being shined on her stupidity?

anytime she wants to slink back into obscurity, i'm sure no one will have any problem not talking about her. but how dare the right think she should go on hannity for an hour and talk about how if half the country didn't have 'double standards they'd have no standards' without response.

you know what i have to say to that?

:rofl:

Oh. My. Gawd. :rofl:

I love Colbert.

lol.. me, too. if only there was a way to bottle and sell him. ;)

If all I had to do was open a bottle of Colbert I had lying around, I'd be laughing too hard to get anything done :redface:

I think he's better than Stewart. Of course, I'm the sarcastic type. ;)

i think jon stewart decided along the way that someone had to do what media isn't doing. when he was on hannity years ago, (in a not very pleasant encounter), he said he was the 'fake news' and shouldn't have to do their job.

i think he gave up and decided to do what they weren't.

lol.. me, too. if only there was a way to bottle and sell him. ;)

If all I had to do was open a bottle of Colbert I had lying around, I'd be laughing too hard to get anything done :redface:

i think jon stewart decided along the way that someone had to do what media isn't doing. when he was on hannity years ago, (in a not very pleasant encounter), he said he was the 'fake news' and shouldn't have to do their job.

He made my radar when he went on Crossfire and slammed what they were doing. He was right then, and he's right now. He called what so many people are talking about now years ago. The Balkanization of America, led and fueled by irresponsible partisan media. Agree with his politics or not, he was and is dead on about what he saw.

But Colbert's still just that little bit funnier. ;)

He made my radar when he went on Crossfire and slammed what they were doing. He was right then, and he's right now. He called what so many people are talking about now years ago. The Balkanization of America, led and fueled by irresponsible partisan media. Agree with his politics or not, he was and is dead on about what he saw.

But Colbert's still just that little bit funnier. ;)

yep... i remember that. and i agree.

i agree re colbert. :)

41UzhoCFPJL._AA300_.jpg

she was just on Hannity.

so let me get this straight... we should pretend palin doesn't exist when she insists on running her mouth constantly?

I think she deserves to be made fun of and often, lest anyone actually take her seriously. :thup:

btw, her unfavorables are up at about 60%. where do you think they'd be without the light being shined on her stupidity?

anytime she wants to slink back into obscurity, i'm sure no one will have any problem not talking about her. but how dare the right think she should go on hannity for an hour and talk about how if half the country didn't have 'double standards they'd have no standards' without response.

She, like the rest of us, has the right to speak freely. I see no issue with her doing so. Each and every word will come back to haunt her - should she decide to run. That's fine by me. I tend to look past the hysteria and hype to a longer term consequence. Why on earth the liberals want her to shut up, I don't know. I would think y'all would be encouraging her to keep talking.

She doesn't have enough support to be any credible threat to anyone.... So why is it a big deal. She may be a 'TEA Party Favorite' but that doesn't mean they see her as their candidate..... some do.... many do not.

The vitriol from the left works in her favor.

She, like the rest of us, has the right to speak freely. I see no issue with her doing so. Each and every word will come back to haunt her - should she decide to run. That's fine by me. I tend to look past the hysteria and hype to a longer term consequence. Why on earth the liberals want her to shut up, I don't know. I would think y'all would be encouraging her to keep talking.

She doesn't have enough support to be any credible threat to anyone.... So why is it a big deal. She may be a 'TEA Party Favorite' but that doesn't mean they see her as their candidate..... some do.... many do not.

Who's shutting her up? Did somebody censor her facebook account? Take away her twitter? Erect a barrier around her so she can't mug for a camera?

Those who make fun of her are simply doing what you suggest. Her words come back to haunt her. Her right to speak freely doesn't eclipse anybody else's right to speak freely, and words may be without official sanction but they can and do come with a price tag if you care about the opinion of others.

She's tons of free entertainment. The point both Mika and Colbert was making is that she's not news. And with that I agree. She should be covered by Entertainment Tonight, not the news shows.

Colbert and Stewart are serving in the best tradition of Will Rogers and Mark Twain. Their humor is simply a vehicle to carry thoughtful messages to those willing to think; a sense of humor provides perspective. One hundred years from now, after Sarah Palin is long forgotten, their works and the genre they so ably represent will still be poking fun in the eyes of those who take themselves much too seriously.

Who's shutting her up? Did somebody censor her facebook account? Take away her twitter? Erect a barrier around her so she can't mug for a camera?

Those who make fun of her are simply doing what you suggest. Her words come back to haunt her. Her right to speak freely doesn't eclipse anybody else's right to speak freely, and words may be without official sanction but they can and do come with a price tag if you care about the opinion of others.

She's tons of free entertainment. The point both Mika and Colbert was making is that she's not news. And with that I agree. She should be covered by Entertainment Tonight, not the news shows.

I refer to the constant hysteria from the left about her every word. What surprises me, from the 'side' that claims to be the side of intellectualism... I see very little in the way of intelligent shredding of her actual points. Just a bunch of bitching about stupid stuff like 'Don't Retreat, Reload' and crap about cross hairs.

As a point of interest, where is the left wing outrage about this:

Keep DC Wal-Mart Free! No Wal-Mart. No Way! | Keeping DC Wal-Mart Free

This literature - published before and since the shooting - has cross hairs over the WalMart symbol, along side the Developer's home address. They're protesting at the guys house. I find that distasteful to say the least. People's homes - and their families - should not be dragged into stupid hysteria.

I refer to the constant hysteria from the left about her every word. What surprises me, from the 'side' that claims to be the side of intellectualism... I see very little in the way of intelligent shredding of her actual points. Just a bunch of bitching about stupid stuff like 'Don't Retreat, Reload' and crap about cross hairs.

As a point of interest, where is the left wing outrage about this:

Keep DC Wal-Mart Free! No Wal-Mart. No Way! | Keeping DC Wal-Mart Free

This literature - published before and since the shooting - has cross hairs over the WalMart symbol, along side the Developer's home address. They're protesting at the guys house. I find that distasteful to say the least. People's homes - and their families - should not be dragged into stupid hysteria.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying here. Not all of it, but a lot of it.

But if you watched the video in the OP, one of these things is not like the other.

Colbert had nothing to say about the whole "Don't retreat, reload" feeding frenzy. He was commenting on why Palin is not news and there really was no newsworthy reason to show her response to the response of her response to the response of her response to the President's response to the shooting on a morning news show.

Isn't that something many on the left and right agree with? That Palin is covered (obsessed over) by "the media" too much? So why is it a problem when Colbert makes fun of them for doing it and points out she is not news? He's actually agreeing with you. ;)

Does Colbert have her down to a T or what? LOL...so does Mika....

Colbert was funny and did a great knock on Palin (and the left's obsession), but Mika (never heard of her until today, probably another low rating broadcaster on MSNBC) showed extreme classless and unprofessionalism!

Palin will win at least 54 of our 57 stare against whatever Dem Candidate Soros chooses to run against her in 2012.

This is exactly why I love and support Palin! She makes the liberals go bonkers However she is a very moral person, maintains loving all American family, is a great mother and whether you like her or not you can't maintain that she is a bitch, mean person, lacks morals or is a bad role model. While I wouldn't vote for her I still lover her!

RATFLMAO...the bold bit - freudian slip or the real reason you 'rate' her. She does not make anybody go bonkers (unless you consider laughing AT somebody, as going bonkers)...

LOL, good catch Grump, yes I lover her, she is mad sexy! :redface:

I all honesty, I have two daughters. I rather have them look up to Palin as a role model, then Nancy Pelosi, Hiliary Clinton (I would hate to watch them have their husband's walk all over them) or really any of the liberals from Hollywood. I just hope they wouldn't vote for her!

This is exactly why I love and support Palin! She makes the liberals go bonkers However she is a very moral person, maintains loving all American family, is a great mother and whether you like her or not you can't maintain that she is a bitch, mean person, lacks morals or is a bad role model. While I wouldn't vote for her I still lover her!

Stephen Colbert is a genius

s-COLBERT-PALIN-FATIGUE-large.jpg

i think this belongs in politics but i was afraid the palinistas would have a nervous breakdown.

click on video at link.

Stephen Colbert Diagnoses 'Palin Fatigue' In Mika Brzezinski, Tells Her To Buck Up (VIDEO)

er... sweetie, making fun of someone who has made themselves a laughingstock isn't going bonkers.

it's simply making fun of someone who deserves to be made fun of .... and often.

you do realize that most people don't take her seriously, right?

Did you see Mika? That liberal went bonkers! Read Huffinglue Post and every other article is a liberal going bonkers over Palin!

I don't take her seriously, so why do I expect others do?

Forum List

Back