Colbert: Now Fix The Economy!

FYI I mix up Colbert and Stewart, obviously I did so in the title.

As for sound, I didn't have a problem, did you mute it?

Wow. Even the Daily Show is making fun of Obama. It still amazes me how these people look to the government to 'fix' anything. Regardless, Obama has been pushing legislation which will worsen the economy, so things are just going to get worse. And Obama is too arrogant to admit that any of his policies are wrong.

You do know that the Daily Show has been making fun of him for a while, yes?

The Daily Show picks fun at politicians of all stripes...its funny how its more equal than Fox News :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wow. Even the Daily Show is making fun of Obama. It still amazes me how these people look to the government to 'fix' anything. Regardless, Obama has been pushing legislation which will worsen the economy, so things are just going to get worse. And Obama is too arrogant to admit that any of his policies are wrong.

Not to this level. They are portraying Obama as an arrogant idiot, which he is. They haven't done that before.

The Daily Show picks fun at politicians of all stripes...its funny how its more equal than Fox News :lol::lol::lol::lol:
I hope you feel better now that you could bring up Fox! Have a wonderful day.

But no doubt he is a Democrat/Liberal/Progressive pretending to be a Conservative Republican.

He points out all the time how hypocritical/insincere the right is now that they are in the minority.

I love it when they catch politicians flip flopping. Recently the Daily Show caught Pelosi doing it too.

I found an old Time Magazine from the 90's where McCain and the GOP were screaming about Kosovo all the same shit the Dems have been saying about Iraq. Only Kosovo lasted less than a year, like no one died and it didn't cost jack shit compared to Iraq.

They should have just been honest and said, "there's no oil in Kosovo". :lol:

Not to this level. They are portraying Obama as an arrogant idiot, which he is. They haven't done that before.

To this level? Sure they have. And they aren't actually portraying him as an arrogant idiot, they are portraying him as a snob. I don't think anyone (well except the rightwing nutjobs) thinks he is an idiot because he hasn't magically fixed the economy in 5 months.

I hope you feel better now that you could bring up Fox! Have a wonderful day.

/pat Annie.

Sorry, we liberals don't have an eleventh commandment so we actually *gasp* criticize and poke fun at our own.

To this level? Sure they have. And they aren't actually portraying him as an arrogant idiot, they are portraying him as a snob. I don't think anyone (well except the rightwing nutjobs) thinks he is an idiot because he hasn't magically fixed the economy in 5 months.

Arrogant idiot/snob, whatever. People are starting to understand that the failed Keynesian economic policies and crony capitalism that got us into this mess in the first place started long before Obama entered office. As a Senator, he contributed to the problems. It's just that now as President, he is pushing failed policies forward at an alarming rate and now people expect him to 'fix the economy'. He can't fix something he is breaking.

There's an easy fix for the economy, but it will not be implemented by those that wish to control us. The first stimulus package was and still is a failure...nothing more than an opportunity for our inept representatives to pillage from the treasury and provide for future spending in their district, routing money to certain groups of contractors. Many of the projects funded are years off. The money has not really started to flow through the economy.

What congress needs to do, but will not...for political reasons...is to suspend taxation of the people for a set period of time and let the people spend the money. The difference between what we need and what we get is diminished when the people make their own choices about where their money goes.

The current administration is convincing more and more professional voters that big government is the answer to all problems. The big government wants the power to see that (for example) $500 million taxpayer dollars get funneled through a few favored contractors in a trickling fashion rather than being given to 500,000 people to spend immediately for goods and services from all facets of the business world. It doesn't take much brain power to see which method would stimulate the economy quicker.

What a stupid bunch of clod heads are running this country.

It's funny how we all sit here and rip the government yet some of us on here want to EXPAND it..... How stupid is that??????

Forum List

Back