Col Chessani exonerated

LordBrownTrout

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2007
South Texas Republic
Some of the best news I've heard in awhile. Just heard that our govt spent 36 million trying to prosecute Chessani who has served our country for 19 years. I hope Murtha pays dearly for this.

CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. - A military judge dismissed charges Tuesday against a Marine officer accused of failing to investigate the killings of 24 Iraqis.

Col. Steven Folsom dismissed charges against Lt. Col. Jeffrey Chessani after finding that a four-star general overseeing the case was improperly influenced by an investigator probing the November 2005 shootings by a Marine squad in Haditha.

Military Judge dismisses charges

Actually he was not Exonerated, the feebleminded Politically correct in high office can always find another Political General to charge him again. The Judge threw the charges out because the General that brought them had on his staff the Investigating officer and he was present at every meeting involving whether to charge the guy or not. Unauthorized and both of them knew it.

Of Course since the Col did nothing wrong he would have been found innocent anyway. This has been a witch hunt from the beginning. His career is over though. If he had aspirations of any kind in the Marine Corps this finished them.

Some of the best news I've heard in awhile. Just heard that our govt spent 36 million trying to prosecute Chessani who has served our country for 19 years. I hope Murtha pays dearly for this.

CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. - A military judge dismissed charges Tuesday against a Marine officer accused of failing to investigate the killings of 24 Iraqis.

Col. Steven Folsom dismissed charges against Lt. Col. Jeffrey Chessani after finding that a four-star general overseeing the case was improperly influenced by an investigator probing the November 2005 shootings by a Marine squad in Haditha.

A dismissal of charges is not an exoneration,. Exoneration requires some sort of factual finding of innocence.

"The charges were dismissed without prejudice, meaning they can be refiled,"

Last edited:
I did notice that the government is in no rush to refile said charges. Might have something to do with the fact that all of the other Marines involved in this so-called "massacre" have been cleared as well.

Sorry about that. Got my terms mixed up in the title from reading another story about it. Charges were dismissed. I wouldn't think they'd refile after the others have been cleared and rightfully so.

Last edited:
Not that it couldn't happen otherwise, but if the SJA had a case, they'd already be refiled.

Actually this lets the idiots that wanted to prosecute him and their allies claim a "victory", they can claim from now on he was guilty and only a technicality got him off. Never mind the reality that if they had a case they could refile.

I actually think they should so that a Jury can tell the idiots he did nothing wrong.

They spent 36 million AND they had 65 FULL TIME INVESTIGATORS working on hanging the Col.. I've never seen a branch of the military work harder and longer to hang ONE OF IT'S OWN than it did Col. Chessani. Makes me wonder if it's got anything to do with the talk I hear of disbanding the Marine Corp. It's an outrage, and that fat bastard Murtha who did it just for political gain should be tarred and feathered and forced to walk the public square as a traitor.

Last edited:
They spent 36 million AND they had 65 FULL TIME INVESTIGATORS working on hanging the Col.. I've never seen a branch of the military work harder and longer to hang ONE OF IT'S OWN than it did Col. Chessani. Makes me wonder if it's got anything to do with the talk I hear of disbanding the Marine Corp. It's an outrage, and that fat bastard Murtha who did it just for political gain should be tarred and feathered and forced to walk the public square as a traitor.

The Corps doesn't half-ass anything. The Corps also HATES negative media and will bend over backward to right that ship.

It has nothing to do with any rumor of disbanding the Corps. The last time it was seriously debated was the 50's and even with Ike weighing against the Corps, it didn't happen.

It's more appeasing the media by ensuring no once can claim they half-assed anything, or that the Corps doesn't take war crimes seriously.

The Corps doesn't half-ass anything. The Corps also HATES negative media and will bend over backward to right that ship.

It has nothing to do with any rumor of disbanding the Corps. The last time it was seriously debated was the 50's and even with Ike weighing against the Corps, it didn't happen.

It's more appeasing the media by ensuring no once can claim they half-assed anything, or that the Corps doesn't take war crimes seriously.

Seriously, the Marine Corps did more to hang these guys than did the media. They lost. Now the Corps needs to step up and say why anyone should join.

Forum List

Back