Coffee Party, the non-fringe

You are twisting words. I did not say no part. You, on the other hand, completely disregard the fact that people who are older than you and have lived in the world beyond academia have more experience and knowledge. I see you posting strong opinions on things you have never experienced. I know I am not going to convince you that your "theories" are incorrect. You will have to learn those lessons yourself. That's life, and so be it.

(Birthers and truthers, btw, are tiny minorities, to neither of which most people here belong - including myself.)

Last edited:
You are twisting words. I did not say no part. You, on the other hand, completely disregard the fact that people who are older than you and have lived in the world beyond academia have more experience and knowledge. I see you posting strong opinions on things you have never experienced. I know I am not going to convince you that your "theories" are incorrect. You will have to learn those lessons yourself. That's life, and so be it.

(Birthers and truthers, btw, are tiny minorities, to neither of which most people here belong - including myself.)

Yes, you are acting as if I should have no part in the process. And I know it's not due to my age, but rather my views. If I completely agreed with you, you would be cheering me on and telling me that I'm so smart for someone my age.

And that's why you're a hack.

I have never disregarded the fact that there are people older than me. You are delusional.

You post on things you never experienced either, as we all have. I have never smoked pot, but I feel people should have a right to. I have never taken a drink of alcohol, but I feel people should have a right to. I have never voted, but I feel people should have a right to.

I have never murdered someone in cold blood, but I don't feel people have a right to do so. I have never used a racist remark, but I feel people have a right to do so despite it being ignorant. I have never burned a flag, but I feel people have the right to do so.

Just because I have never done everything I talk about, doesn't mean I have no right to a opinion on it.

With each passing post, you show not only your ignorance but your hypocrisy.

I was making a point about truthers and birthers. And considering what is half the Republicans in a poll whom were polled were birthers, I wouldn't quite say it's a small amount of people.

I didn't say you had no right to an opinion - but did say you were wrong to completely ignore the input from those who have more experience in areas where you have little or none.

So, Peace, Kiddo. There is no point discussing this further as you are just determined to make me wrong.

I didn't say you had no right to an opinion - but did say you were wrong to completely ignore the input from those who have more experience in areas where you have little or none.

So, Peace, Kiddo. There is no point discussing this further as you are just determined to make me wrong.

If I were to completely ignore input from others, I wouldn't of bothered to respond to your posts in the first place or say why I think you're wrong.

I don't have to be determined to make you wrong, all I need to do is point out your inconsistent views.

I also have a tendency to listen to those who treat me like the adult I am and try to have a respectful conversation rather than demean me because of my age or call me a "useful idiot" or a "sheep."

Which is why I get along with more than one Conservative on here.

Just sayin.

he's alot like Obama...Inexperienced, and petulant.

Says the man who is nothing but petulant.

Only one of us has gone around these boards like a chicken with his head cut off calling others who we disagree with not real Americans. And it's not me.

Guess the answer to that riddle.

As the US Message Board becomes more and more dominated by the RW fringe, it's nice to see a grass roots political movement counter the hysterical and divisive rhetoric of the RW.
It's also nice to see dozens and more groups of moderate Americans with an expansive vision for America, not one clouded by the wedge issues of guns, gays and abortion.
Not one person showed up at the many coffee party meetings yesterday with a firearm on their hip. A refreshing and civilized change where issues are discussed and opinions expressed so unlike the shout-down so common at Tea Parties.
Rational Americans, willing to agree to disagree with civility gives one hope for our future; the coarse, angry and hysterical tea baggers ought to take a look, and for a change listen.

It is funny in a way, that those above, the USMB Fringe, reacted by characterizing the Coffee Party movement as "Fringe", but, never once provided any evidence suggesting the truth of such a characterization.
As stated in the OP, no one went to a meeting anywhere in the country carrying a firearm. Can that be said about Tea Parties?
The only evidence presented was a video of a Tea Party, and I suspect the smarter fringers understood (well, "understood" maybe too kind) how they appear to normal human beings.

So you're trying to tell me that the KKK did not tell it's members to vote for McCain or that their entire ideology would tell them to vote for McCain?

You crack me up. :lol:

I already explained to Elvis and answered all of his questions. Your running biased commentary is not needed.

they did, but they didn't have baseball bats at the polls.
:rolleyes: One black panther was at one polling station in the entire country with a baseball bat. The police asked him to leave and he did.

Of course, this line of reasoning means the teapartiers all agree that Obama is just like the holocaust.

yeah sure it does. maybe you should change your handle to strawman.

they did, but they didn't have baseball bats at the polls.
:rolleyes: One black panther was at one polling station in the entire country with a baseball bat. The police asked him to leave and he did.

Of course, this line of reasoning means the teapartiers all agree that Obama is just like the holocaust.

____

There is the kind of top notch posting Elvis is known for!

Poor Ravi can only dream of such posting on ice skills.

Elvis - carry on. I have not been around much to read your work of late, but glad to see you at it now!! :eusa_angel:

____

Elvis - carry on. I have not been around much to read your work of late, but glad to see you at it now!! :eusa_angel:
Wow! The board loser does a running commentary oh the styles of other posters.

:eusa_whistle:

As the US Message Board becomes more and more dominated by the RW fringe, it's nice to see a grass roots political movement counter the hysterical and divisive rhetoric of the RW.
It's also nice to see dozens and more groups of moderate Americans with an expansive vision for America, not one clouded by the wedge issues of guns, gays and abortion.
Not one person showed up at the many coffee party meetings yesterday with a firearm on their hip. A refreshing and civilized change where issues are discussed and opinions expressed so unlike the shout-down so common at Tea Parties.
Rational Americans, willing to agree to disagree with civility gives one hope for our future; the coarse, angry and hysterical tea baggers ought to take a look, and for a change listen.

It is funny in a way, that those above, the USMB Fringe, reacted by characterizing the Coffee Party movement as "Fringe", but, never once provided any evidence suggesting the truth of such a characterization.
As stated in the OP, no one went to a meeting anywhere in the country carrying a firearm. Can that be said about Tea Parties?
The only evidence presented was a video of a Tea Party, and I suspect the smarter fringers understood (well, "understood" maybe too kind) how they appear to normal human beings.

Just to play Devil's advocate....what is fringe about legally wearing a firearm to an event? While I think it is a very stupid idea, it is a right guaranteed in our Constitution, yes?

You're no Elvis Dante - but with tons of hard work and dedication...

Ah, who am I kidding - your posting just plain sucks.

:eusa_angel:

____

Wow! The board loser does a running commentary oh the styles of other posters.

:eusa_whistle:

Just to play Devil's advocate....what is fringe about legally wearing a firearm to an event? While I think it is a very stupid idea, it is a right guaranteed in our Constitution, yes?

What is fringe about it? How many places do you go in public where people strap on arms (outside of a gun event)?

Crying out racist and crazy-assed slurs are Constitutionally protected speech, but very few people would consider that behavior the norm.

:eusa_shhh:

You're no Elvis Dante - but with tons of hard work and dedication...
Ah, who am I kidding - your posting just plain sucks.

:eusa_angel:

You can beg to be my bitch all you want. Ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

take a ticket and get in line.

:cool:

A line dancer are you?

That makes sense...:lol:

that would make you clueless as well as ignorant,

you're the one in line, sweetie.

btw, you've got your own thread (not by me...told you...get in line), and boy it's a doozey!

:lol:

Forum List

Back