Coffee Party, the non-fringe

It is funny in a way, that those above, the USMB Fringe, reacted by characterizing the Coffee Party movement as "Fringe", but, never once provided any evidence suggesting the truth of such a characterization.
As stated in the OP, no one went to a meeting anywhere in the country carrying a firearm. Can that be said about Tea Parties?
The only evidence presented was a video of a Tea Party, and I suspect the smarter fringers understood (well, "understood" maybe too kind) how they appear to normal human beings.

Just to play Devil's advocate....what is fringe about legally wearing a firearm to an event? While I think it is a very stupid idea, it is a right guaranteed in our Constitution, yes?

Of course, it is legal under some circumstances. How many people do you know? And, how many people do you know who openly carry firearms? Suppose you attended your son or daughter's little league baseball game, and suppose a parent attended carrying openly. Would you find that fine and dandy, or normal behavior?

I never said it would be fine and dandy....however, under the law, that person, with the appropriate permits has the right to do so. How is that fringe again?

Just to play Devil's advocate....what is fringe about legally wearing a firearm to an event? While I think it is a very stupid idea, it is a right guaranteed in our Constitution, yes?

Of course, it is legal under some circumstances. How many people do you know? And, how many people do you know who openly carry firearms? Suppose you attended your son or daughter's little league baseball game, and suppose a parent attended carrying openly. Would you find that fine and dandy, or normal behavior?

I never said it would be fine and dandy....however, under the law, that person, with the appropriate permits has the right to do so. How is that fringe again?

Your sitting in the local pizza place, ready to enjoy your nine year old sons birthday party with three of his friends, your wife and daughter. As you lift your glass of soda you spy a group of men enter, each open carrying.
Do you smile and think what a great country this is; or, do you wonder if one of them might suffer from PTSD, or have a grudge on the world and want to die, taking with him as many others as he can.
It's fringe because they demonstrate zero respect for others, they're playing a game which is provocative and dangerous and they're too self-centered or too stupid to care.

Your sitting in the local pizza place, ready to enjoy your nine year old sons birthday party with three of his friends, your wife and daughter. As you lift your glass of soda you spy a group of men enter, each open carrying.
Do you smile and think what a great country this is; or, do you wonder if one of them might suffer from PTSD, or have a grudge on the world and want to die, taking with him as many others as he can.
It's fringe because they demonstrate zero respect for others, they're playing a game which is provocative and dangerous and they're too self-centered or too stupid to care.

You make a good point (LOL)

this talking down to and ridiculing of the coffee party means they are afraid of it.

soon there will be 2 million coffee partiers (realer americans) storming DC.

Here's a little bet:

If the Coffee Party actually does get as many people to demonstrate in DC as the Tea Partiers did last year - the CP folks will leave a huge mess of garbage strewn everywhere.

(Just compare photos of the post Obama Inaugural mess to the areas which the Tea Partiers used. The latter respected the law and left very little trash.)

Your use of Realer Americans is disgusting, btw. We're all Americans, just with different viewpoints.

Juan Valdez says, "Join the coffee party, it's the only non-fringe party I support"

JuanValdez.jpg

"Take the Civility Pledge

As a member or supporter of the Coffee Party, I pledge to conduct myself in a way that is civil, honest, and respectful toward people with whom I disagree. I value people from different cultures, I value people with different ideas, and I value and cherish the democratic process."

WOW. Indoctrinate early, indoctrinate often.

Dissent is the highest form of SHUT THE FUCK UP OBAMA IS NOW PRESIDENT!!!

CF, I don't want you to shut up, post all you please. Your perspective, such as it is, provides value. Some who read your posts feels empowered (like, wow, I'm much smarter than that guy) and others gain more of an understanding of how limited and crazy is the ideology of the far right.

As a member or supporter of the Coffee Party, I pledge to conduct myself in a way that is civil, honest, and respectful toward people with whom I disagree. I value people from different cultures, I value people with different ideas, and I value and cherish the democratic process."

CF, I don't want you to shut up, post all you please. Your perspective, such as it is, provides value. Some who read your posts feels empowered (like, wow, I'm much smarter than that guy) and others gain more of an understanding of how limited and crazy is the ideology of the far right.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJxmpTMGhU0]YouTube - I Am Sick And Tired - Hillary Clinton[/ame]

Yeah, I'm sure that must be it

Forum List

Back