"Coffee Party" had a national convention. Really.

astroturf-l.jpg

pure and simple

I haven't seen the "Mainstream Media" call the Tea Partiers racists or bigots. I've only heard that from left-wing pundits and race-baiters.

But that's not the point I'm trying to make. I hold no alligence to the "Coffee Party" (apparently, no one does). I'm just trying to figure out why the right feels the need to attack them and ridicule them so much.

You are shitting me, right? Not seen the MSM call the TEA's racists? Go look. Bigots? Yep, that too. MSM were all over the TEA's like white on rice. The Coffee Party has been widely ignored by the right.
Links?

Get your own. I don't spoon feed people.

I haven't seen the "Mainstream Media" call the Tea Partiers racists or bigots. I've only heard that from left-wing pundits and race-baiters.

But that's not the point I'm trying to make. I hold no alligence to the "Coffee Party" (apparently, no one does). I'm just trying to figure out why the right feels the need to attack them and ridicule them so much.

Who is ridiculing them? Where are all these attacks you speak of?

More parties = a better chance to find one that actually represents you. I say more power to em.

THIS THREAD is ridiculing the Coffee Party.

Not as bigots and weirdo's. But perhaps a bit for their astroturfed irrelevancy.

Heck, Ms. Park (sock-puppetry aside) seems like a lovely woman who, though I disagree with on some political and policy points, I could have a swell conversation with over coffee. Sadly, I happen to enjoy both Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts so slim chance of that.

More parties = a better chance to find one that actually represents you. I say more power to em.

Not as bigots and weirdo's. But perhaps a bit for their astroturfed irrelevancy.

Heck, Ms. Park (sock-puppetry aside) seems like a lovely woman who, though I disagree with on some political and policy points, I could have a swell conversation with over coffee. Sadly, I happen to enjoy both Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts so slim chance of that.

By your standards, everything is "astroturf".

Where does the Tea Party get their funding?

There has been a lot of re-sodding. But at least the TP started as a patch of nice Kentucky Blue. This coffee party shit is pure plastic.

There has been a lot of re-sodding. But at least the TP started as a patch of nice Kentucky Blue. This coffee party shit is pure plastic.

Really? So you're claiming that no organization started the "tea parties"?

Spontaneously, a bunch of people happened to come together with matching signs, for no reason at all?

No "everything" is not astroturf.

Your missing the point this thread is not about the Tea Party (who have so far had as much success, if not more, in tossing out incumbent R's as defeating D's) and whose organization is quite scattered. And as far as I can tell, that's the way they want it. I don't know, I'm not a member of any tea party org.

So this single thread on one chat board in your mind equates to The right ridiculing them "so much"

the Tea party is attack constantly, I have seen one thread about this group so far. one, and not a thing about it in the press, other than a quick mention of who they were and what they said. not seeing the right rushing to get all over them, as you seem to suggest.

No "everything" is not astroturf.

Your missing the point this thread is not about the Tea Party (who have so far had as much success, if not more, in tossing out incumbent R's as defeating D's) and whose organization is quite scattered. And as far as I can tell, that's the way they want it. I don't know, I'm not a member of any tea party org.

If you've heard of it, it's "astroturf".

"Real" grassroots doesn't have enough money to make you hear about them.

So this single thread on one chat board in your mind equates to The right ridiculing them "so much"

the Tea party is attack constantly, I have seen one thread about this group so far. one, and not a thing about it in the press, other than a quick mention of who they were and what they said. not seeing the right rushing to get all over them, as you seem to suggest.

This would be my point. My posts in this thread are in response to a claim in the OP that the "Coffee Party" had been "promoted" by the "liberal" media.

Really? So you're claiming that no organization started the "tea parties"?

Spontaneously, a bunch of people happened to come together with matching signs, for no reason at all?

rick-santelli.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp-Jw-5Kx8k]YouTube - CNBC's Rick Santelli's Chicago Tea Party[/ame]

This would be my point. My posts in this thread are in response to a claim in the OP that the "Coffee Party" had been "promoted" by the "liberal" media.

To which I responded with six or seven links on page one, not including the grand tour of MSNBC as the Coffee Party was being launched.

The point of the OP is that as excited as the MSM was to help the Coffee Party get started, none of them wish to cover its "epic fail". That is how bias works.

One of these things is not like the other... :lol::lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO_5HvnFEv0]YouTube - Coffee Party: How We Began[/ame]

From a previous link...
Of course, Ms. Park was a political operative (and former New York Times employee and filmmaker for the Obama campaign), but nobody in the liberal media thought that was in the least important, when hyping the "answer" to the tea parties.

Salsa Labs | Ingredients for Organizing | Solutions - Small Nonprofits
Through DemocracyInAction, nonprofits have access to a special Salsa configuration built specifically for the progressive nonprofit community.

DemocracyInAction, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization itself, believes technology can be a decisive force for social change. We exist to empower those who share our values of ecological and social justice to advance the progressive agenda.

Sound so "fiscally conservative" right? (to use Ms. Park's words) No joke though, she really is a lovely lady. I also believe that she truly means well. However, i do not believe that an Obama campaign filmmaker put a vid on Facebook and was showered with rainbow la la feelings and George Soros money thus a spontaneous movement was born. It's flop is enough proof of this.

Just because I'm facebook friends with Shaquille O'neal, does not make it really so. In contrast, the Tea Party, whatever one thinks of its politics, has made no friends of the establishment. (right or left) And, for all intents and purposes, the Tea Party is still a going concern. The Coffee Party? Not so much.

Forum List

Back