Nov 22, 2003
http://osm.org/site/story/20051206coffee?currow=2

:cof: :cof: :cof:

Java jive

Compiled by Pajamas Media staff in Barcelona

Tuesday, December 6, 2005
Java jive

IMAGE COURTESY OF MORGUEFILE.COM

Many bloggers are rasing their coffee mugs in celebration over a study by the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases according to which drinking two or more cups of coffee or tea cut the risk of non-viral liver disease in people who drink too much alcohol, are overweight or have too much iron in their blood.

Ambivablog: "[Y]ears ago, when I heard that drinking lots of coffee raised the risk for pancreatic cancer, I figured it was just that law of puritanical karma kicking in. As the joke goes, you may lengthen your life by giving up your favorite pleasures . . . or you may just make it feel really, really long."

Wayne Besen: "If you look closely at the ubiquitous Starbuck's Mermaid, you can see she is smiling today."

Castor Oil: "There is a God after all..."

Antigravitas: "[J]ust like your alcoholic campaign staffer friend always told you."

Pointman's Page: "According to this study my liver will out live me by several decades. Though my kidneys will resemble Arabica beans…"

Not Fit for Humans: "Thanks to this study, I now have the perfect cure for my hypertension."

Majiktise and Articulatory Loop both call for a round of Irish coffees.

Doubting to shuo¯: "Now we can get two kinds of buzzes at once, while simultaneously helping out our hearts, brains, and livers. What a glorious day for humanity!"

My Mom passed away from pancreatic cancer...she drank about two pots of coffee per day...I therefore opted for moderation and only drink two or three cups per day...moderation of all things, being the key to a long and healthy life!

My dad and granddad drank coffee 24/7 and smoked liked chimneys---they died of a brain aneuyrism and prostate cancer respectively. I think It's all in the genes myself.

Quite awhile back I had panic attacks. They were easily controlled with some meds. I quit taking the medication quite a few years ago, and haven't had any panic attacks for a long time. However, there's been days where I've drank three or so cups of coffee, and had three of more cans of Pepsi, and I've had "anxious" symptoms. Lay off the coffee, no more "anxious". I very rarely drink it anymore. The Pepsi... well, I LUUUUUVV Pepsi. There's ALWAYS a case in the fridge. I try and drink that in moderation as well though.

Pale Rider said:
Quite awhile back I had panic attacks. They were easily controlled with some meds. I quit taking the medication quite a few years ago, and haven't had any panic attacks for a long time. However, there's been days where I've drank three or so cups of coffee, and had three of more cans of Pepsi, and I've had "anxious" symptoms. Lay off the coffee, no more "anxious". I very rarely drink it anymore. The Pepsi... well, I LUUUUUVV Pepsi. There's ALWAYS a case in the fridge. I try and drink that in moderation as well though.
Pale... you're a PEPSI guy?!?!!? Say it ain't so!!!!!!! Oh man!!!!! :)

Me, I'm a Coke guy, always have been, I'll probably have a case buried with me, just in case there isn't any in heaven (but, then if there isn't it wouldn't be heaven, now would it?). OK, wishful thinking on my part.... but if I go to the other place, I'm covered! :)

Anyway, I suffer from headaches, always have, since I was a kid... I have a deviated septum and a sinus condition. Anyway, I find that if I take Sudafed, Advil and sometime Afrin on top of it all, it goes away. But I also find that a strong cup of coffee helps loads... personally, I love coffee, I have about 2-3 cups a day (except weekends)...

Now my ex-Father-In-Law, (God rest his soul, he was a good man), had a coffee/diner and drank coffee like it was going out of style. He lived by the stuff... wouldn't you know, he lived to be 87 years old and worked almost up to the day he died.

KarlMarx said:
Pale... you're a PEPSI guy?!?!!? Say it ain't so!!!!!!! Oh man!!!!! :)

Me, I'm a Coke guy, always have been, I'll probably have a case buried with me, just in case there isn't any in heaven (but, then if there isn't it wouldn't be heaven, now would it?). OK, wishful thinking on my part.... but if I go to the other place, I'm covered! :)

Anyway, I suffer from headaches, always have, since I was a kid... I have a deviated septum and a sinus condition. Anyway, I find that if I take Sudafed, Advil and sometime Afrin on top of it all, it goes away. But I also find that a strong cup of coffee helps loads... personally, I love coffee, I have about 2-3 cups a day (except weekends)...

Now my ex-Father-In-Law, (God rest his soul, he was a good man), had a coffee/diner and drank coffee like it was going out of style. He lived by the stuff... wouldn't you know, he lived to be 87 years old and worked almost up to the day he died.
Me? I drink like 2-3 pots of coffee, more on the weekend. Bad habit, but there are worse.

Kathianne said:
Me? I drink like 2-3 pots of coffee, more on the weekend. Bad habit, but there are worse.

:thup: 1-2 here.. It's not MY fault my travel mug holds 1/3 of the pot itself... It's only 16oz. What they consider a "cup" of coffee isn't enough to crank one eyelid open.

Shattered said:
:thup: 1-2 here.. It's not MY fault my travel mug holds 1/3 of the pot itself... It's only 16oz. What they consider a "cup" of coffee isn't enough to crank one eyelid open.
So what blood type are you? Espresso, cappuccino, Folgers, Maxwell House....???? :):):)

KarlMarx said:
So what blood type are you? Espresso, cappuccino, Folgers, Maxwell House....???? :):):)

Yes. :D

To that you can add Starbucks, Berre's Bros. (some of the best flavored coffee I've ever tasted)

Shattered said:
Yes. :D

To that you can add Starbucks, Berre's Bros. (some of the best flavored coffee I've ever tasted)

So do you like your satellite radio? I'm a streaming audio guy myself....

<strong>Karl's Trivia Attack!!!!!</strong>.. Sirius, known as the "Dog Star", is the brightest star in the sky. It is from that star that we get the expression "Dog Days of Summer"....

KarlMarx said:
So do you like your satellite radio? I'm a streaming audio guy myself....

<strong>Karl's Trivia Attack!!!!!</strong>.. Sirius, known as the "Dog Star", is the brightest star in the sky. It is from that star that we get the expression "Dog Days of Summer"....

Still "Gettin'" - Haven't "Gotten". So far, my options here seem to be limited, and I don't like limited, so I'll go look elsewhere.

Forum List

Back