Coffee Is From The Gods...

Discussion in 'Food & Wine' started by Annie, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,789
    http://osm.org/site/story/20051206coffee?currow=2

:cof: :cof: :cof:

2. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    My Mom passed away from pancreatic cancer...she drank about two pots of coffee per day...I therefore opted for moderation and only drink two or three cups per day...moderation of all things, being the key to a long and healthy life!

3. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,408
    My dad and granddad drank coffee 24/7 and smoked liked chimneys---they died of a brain aneuyrism and prostate cancer respectively. I think It's all in the genes myself.

4. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,085
    Quite awhile back I had panic attacks. They were easily controlled with some meds. I quit taking the medication quite a few years ago, and haven't had any panic attacks for a long time. However, there's been days where I've drank three or so cups of coffee, and had three of more cans of Pepsi, and I've had "anxious" symptoms. Lay off the coffee, no more "anxious". I very rarely drink it anymore. The Pepsi... well, I LUUUUUVV Pepsi. There's ALWAYS a case in the fridge. I try and drink that in moderation as well though.

5. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +491
    Pale... you're a PEPSI guy?!?!!? Say it ain't so!!!!!!! Oh man!!!!! :)

Me, I'm a Coke guy, always have been, I'll probably have a case buried with me, just in case there isn't any in heaven (but, then if there isn't it wouldn't be heaven, now would it?). OK, wishful thinking on my part.... but if I go to the other place, I'm covered! :)

Anyway, I suffer from headaches, always have, since I was a kid... I have a deviated septum and a sinus condition. Anyway, I find that if I take Sudafed, Advil and sometime Afrin on top of it all, it goes away. But I also find that a strong cup of coffee helps loads... personally, I love coffee, I have about 2-3 cups a day (except weekends)...

Now my ex-Father-In-Law, (God rest his soul, he was a good man), had a coffee/diner and drank coffee like it was going out of style. He lived by the stuff... wouldn't you know, he lived to be 87 years old and worked almost up to the day he died.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,789
    Me? I drink like 2-3 pots of coffee, more on the weekend. Bad habit, but there are worse.

7. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    :thup: 1-2 here.. It's not MY fault my travel mug holds 1/3 of the pot itself... It's only 16oz. What they consider a "cup" of coffee isn't enough to crank one eyelid open.

8. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +491
    So what blood type are you? Espresso, cappuccino, Folgers, Maxwell House....???? :):):)

9. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes. :D

To that you can add Starbucks, Berre's Bros. (some of the best flavored coffee I've ever tasted)

10. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +491
    So do you like your satellite radio? I'm a streaming audio guy myself....

<strong>Karl's Trivia Attack!!!!!</strong>.. Sirius, known as the "Dog Star", is the brightest star in the sky. It is from that star that we get the expression "Dog Days of Summer"....