Code Pink mob shuts down Rove book event

The liberal-lefty-Progressive model is.

Free speech for me but not for thee.

always has been.

I love it. Could have happened to a more deserving person. Rove is no longer in govt he is just a joe citizen now.

Does he not have the right of free speech then?

Does his audience not have the right to listen to what he has to say?

I find it fascinating that you're ok with the free speech of someone being interfered with, just because you dislike the man.

I'm more of an Independent than Lefty but I cant stand Republicans or Rove so I will speak. Its not alright and if I was Carl Rove I would have been nervous because you never know if that woman could have been armed. I probably would have stood up and popped her in her grill. I don't think its ever right to approach a a public figure in that manner.

Where is the outrage from our resident lefties condemning Code Pink's behavior?

I'm too lazy.....so, I'll just parrot the typical response from the right:

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa want a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance!

From the right?

Et tu brutus?

ok....being sarcastic....but how many times have you heard wah wah wah from certain elements of the right (and left)? Look at the responses to the "threats against congresscritters" threads.....

Where are the Democratic elected leaders speaking at Code Pink's events?

Noted at Malkin's blog: No mention of the threats to Obama, Biden, Pelosi and Reid from the whack job that threatened Cantor.

:eusa_whistle:

If you refuse to admit that Code Pink is to a degree affiliated with the left wing party, the Democats, then would it also be true that you see no association of the Tea Party with the right wing party, the Republicans?

Let's be honest here.
You people fail to understand the difference in these groups. Republican congresscritters speak at tea party events. And while they are speaking, they overlook some pretty nasty signs and views. In fact, they pretty much encourage them.

Democratic congresscritters don't speak at fringe events.

Disingenuous...

My definition for associations includes groups that support the aims and policies of a party.

Even though you tried to evade the connection, you know that this is the situation: from the Brown Bomber--'you can run but you can't hide.'

Did you see Juan Williams try to claim an association between 'right wing militia' and the Tea Party?
Same thing.

I'm too lazy.....so, I'll just parrot the typical response from the right:

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa want a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance!

From the right?

Et tu brutus?

ok....being sarcastic....but how many times have you heard wah wah wah from certain elements of the right (and left)? Look at the responses to the "threats against congresscritters" threads.....

I know, mo chara, I know.

I love it. Could have happened to a more deserving person. Rove is no longer in govt he is just a joe citizen now.

Nice. It's so refreshing to see someone on the Left condone violence.

:eusa_whistle:

By Michelle Malkin • March 30, 2010 02:31 AM They’re baaaaaack in full force. The speech-stifling, original angry mob of Code Pinkos shouted down Karl Rove during a book tour event in Beverly Hills tonight — forcing him to cut his remarks short and leave before attendees could get their books signed. Code Pink co-founder/terror-coddler/Obama funder Jodie Evans pulled her old “citizens’ arrest” prank and stormed right up to Rove with handcuffs. She and other members tried to incite the crowd with shouts of “war criminal.”

October 2008…
YouTube - CODEPINK GOES ON STAGE TO DO CITIZEN ARREST of ROVE!!

YouTube - Karl Rove Chased Out of UCSB 2/25/10

the rest at.Michelle Malkin Code Pink mob shuts down Rove book event

What else would one expect from a gaggle of idiots?

Is 'gaggle' the grammatically correct term? I had thought it was 'flock' or 'herd'... I coul be wrong.

I find it fascinating that you're ok with the free speech of someone being interfered with, just because you dislike the man.

And so are the protesters entitled to their free speech, just like the tea Partiers.

They should have let him speak.
This shouting down of people is just stupidity.

I wish the right would have agreed during the Town hall meetings where Voters came to listen to their representatives and a pack of assholes shouted everyone down and no one could speak OR listen.

For someone on the Left it's sort of like that crazy Uncle you have who gets on the turps at the party and runs around with a lightshade on his head. You just want to roll your eyes.

But when Code Pink gets violent, send me the memo.

And so are the protesters entitled to their free speech, just like the tea Partiers.

Yes, they are. But their right does not outweigh the rights of others. They are welcome to speak but not to silence someone else. Why am I not surprised that you can't see the difference?

Wish I'd seen it. Is it on YouTube yet?

Try reading a book instead. You might get edumicated.:rolleyes:

Junky has just proved one thing. He really is blindly following. He didn't even notice that the OP posted two clips.

We should have a USMB fundraiser for a seeing eye dog for Junky.
The videos in the OP are in San Francisco and in Santa Barbara. Obviously, you didn't see them.
I asked if the Beverly Hills incident is on YouTube.

Of course it's wrong to shout someone down into silence, no matter which side of the political spectrum it comes. There, how's that for motherhood and apple pie?

Yes, they are. But their right does not outweigh the rights of others. They are welcome to speak but not to silence someone else. Why am I not surprised that you can't see the difference?

I agree. That is what ticked me off about the "protesters" at the Town Hall meetings on health care.

Forum List

Back