Code blue

It has become politically incorrect to claim that global warming is caused by anything but Man. It is getting to the point where the terms capitalism and profit are swear words. If global warming is ever proven to be part of a natural cycle, there will be some other "catastrophe" that demands a global tax. And you can bet if Al Whore is still alive, he will be heading it up.

Here is the one thing both sides of the argument still miss: it's not the planet we need to protect because it will always find a way to heal itself, it's humanity we need to worry about.

Global warming ... even if it is man made ... isn't the issue, the toxins are because they will kill US off. Once we are gone, the planet will just clean itself up eventually and start over, no loss for it just no more humans left to see it. For a good movie to watch that shows the problems we really face, though it may seem like a childs movie it shows the problems well, watch Wall-E.

Here, for free, yes pirated but I won't tell because I think theaters are over charging now and until they lower their costs I support pirated movies:
Watch "WALL-E" Movie, download Walle - Watch Movies Online For Free Full Movie Downloads

It has become politically incorrect to claim that global warming is caused by anything but Man. It is getting to the point where the terms capitalism and profit are swear words. If global warming is ever proven to be part of a natural cycle, there will be some other "catastrophe" that demands a global tax. And you can bet if Al Whore is still alive, he will be heading it up.

Silly ass. Al Gore is a very astute capitalist. I work in and enjoy the fruits of a capitalistic economy. That does not mean that I think unregulated capitalism is a good thing. Laissez faire capitalism just ends up in a reversion to feudalism. And what the hell is this fixation with a global tax? A real capitalist would realize the oppertunity that alternative energy represents. Vestas of Denmark is making a real fortune, and even in this economy are booked a couple of years ahead for their wind turbines. First Solar can produce solar cells for under a dollar a watt, but sell all that they will produce for the next two years, even with new factories coming online rapidly, for three times that because of demand. Geothermal and thermal solar both are areas where inovations will result in fortunes being made.

No, it is people like yourself, to busy mouthing political slogans, and letting people like Gore and Pickens make real fortunes being capitalists, while you are busy being nothing but a noise.

Silly ass. Al Gore is a very astute capitalist. I work in and enjoy the fruits of a capitalistic economy. That does not mean that I think unregulated capitalism is a good thing. Laissez faire capitalism just ends up in a reversion to feudalism. And what the hell is this fixation with a global tax? A real capitalist would realize the oppertunity that alternative energy represents. Vestas of Denmark is making a real fortune, and even in this economy are booked a couple of years ahead for their wind turbines. First Solar can produce solar cells for under a dollar a watt, but sell all that they will produce for the next two years, even with new factories coming online rapidly, for three times that because of demand. Geothermal and thermal solar both are areas where inovations will result in fortunes being made.

No, it is people like yourself, to busy mouthing political slogans, and letting people like Gore and Pickens make real fortunes being capitalists, while you are busy being nothing but a noise.

too busy, dipshit.

and what are you? the "invconvenient truth" is that people like you believe whatever the left tells you to believe. Why? Because it's politically correct. You discount any scientists who hold the opposing viewpoint, not because you can defeat their argument (which you can't) but because they do not bow down to the King of piety and sour grapes, Albert Gore.

too busy, dipshit.

and what are you? the "invconvenient truth" is that people like you believe whatever the left tells you to believe. Why? Because it's politically correct. You discount any scientists who hold the opposing viewpoint, not because you can defeat their argument (which you can't) but because they do not bow down to the King of piety and sour grapes, Albert Gore.

The amount of CO2 in the atmosphere is neither left nor right.

Likewise with the melting polar ice...

The amount of CO2 in the atmosphere is neither left nor right.

Likewise with the melting polar ice...

Exactly.

Now to what extent Global warming is caused by mankind's contribution to the CO2 I am not sure.

I do not discount the arguments that other things might be causing this event, but neither can I discount the findings of the scietific community suggesting that mankinds pollution is effecting our atmosphere.

What we can do about it now, I am also unsure of...except to begin preparing the world for the probable outcomes of a warmer planet, I suppose.

Exactly.

Now to what extent Global warming is caused by mankind's contribution to the CO2 I am not sure.

I do not discount the arguments that other things might be causing this event, but neither can I discount the findings of the scietific community suggesting that mankinds pollution is effecting our atmosphere.

What we can do about it now, I am also unsure of...except to begin preparing the world for the probable outcomes of a warmer planet, I suppose.

Editec, you I like for this one reason alone, you actually think about this instead of jumping on a band wagon. This is perfect logic, and for some reason no one else is looking at it with clear heads. :clap2:

And here's that massively cold air I've been talking about. That dark blue line is the 32 degree line, the freezing line. Light blues and purples are below zero. That's 10 degrees below zero for NYC for a high. -15 for a low.

index.php

index.php

Last edited:
Well, we are having weird weather here in Portland, Oregon. 40s to 50s for highs, 25 to 35 for lows. But today one of the ski areas on Hood recorded 67 degrees. And Timberline recorded 61 degrees. We are getting a strong East winds, and clear weather. Normaly in January that is the perscription for temperatures down to near zero, and never getting over freezing during the day. But the forecast into the next week is for continued 40 to 50 during the day, 25 to 35 at night. And we just had several days of above 50 in the day and low 40s at night.

In the meantime, nearly everyone else is getting one heck of a cold snap. For all of you in it, take care.

Forum List

Back