Code blue

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Long range weather models have begun to hint at something very scary for the Northeast. The 0c line (freezing line) would extend all the way down to Miami Beach, the -10C line would be near the Carolinas and the -20c line would be near NYC. -20c is below 0 farenheit. There have been at least 4 or 5 model runs that have shown this around mid January right after a major winter storm on the 11th. Obviously something that cold could not only cause a lot of damage, but also possibly injuries and death. I'll keep everyone updated, but I'm letting you guys know... if you have plans to travel between the 10th and 20th of January, you might want to put this in the back of your mind.

The freezing cold would also have a harsh impact on central Florida crops. We are approaching, climatologically, the coldest time of the year and with a record strong La Nina that we've had for a year now and a La Nina re-surging, this winter is FAR from over. Every signle signal shows for prolonged cold and snow. Long term, if there is any interaction with warm air during the Spring, we could be looking at a historic severe weather season. Last year's was intense.

Interesting. Here in the Northwest, we have over half of our normal January rainfall already. Alaska is very cold over the whole of the state right now, and that could spill down here for another cold snap like the one we just had. Still, by historical standards, hardly a cold winter. A couple of winters just prior to WW1, the Columbia froze hard enough at Portland that they were driving wagons across it.

Does this mean Al Whore can make a movie about global cooling?

LOL! Gore made a lot of enemies for his successes in business, in making an accurate movie concerning global warming, and for generaly demonstrating that this nation chose the wrong leader in 2000. The fact that he has been an extremely successful ex-politician does seem to gall a lot of people. He moved on, and made a success of himself in a couple of fields. That he won acolades worldwide, a Nobel, a couple of Oskers, and other awards does seem to aggravate the far right wingnuts.

LOL! Gore made a lot of enemies for his successes in business, in making an accurate movie concerning global warming, and for generaly demonstrating that this nation chose the wrong leader in 2000. The fact that he has been an extremely successful ex-politician does seem to gall a lot of people. He moved on, and made a success of himself in a couple of fields. That he won acolades worldwide, a Nobel, a couple of Oskers, and other awards does seem to aggravate the far right wingnuts.

I am not on the right. But he sure is aggravating. I would like to see Dee Snider beat the living shit out of him.

Really? In what way? And what would he have to do with a kook like Snider, in any case?

Senate Hearing mid 80's on obscenity. (in regards to Twisted Sister). Gore came off like the pompous fuck that he is.

Whenever I hear him talk, I just want to go back in time, move to Florida, and vote for Nader just to fuck him over.

Gore wants global warming to be man-made so he can make America stop polluting. You see, he won't be happy until EVERY American mfg job is in China.

Gore is hypocrite. He talks about how horrible Global Warming is while getting paid tens of thousands of dollars in speaking fees and flying back and forth in his very non green private jet back to his very non green mansion in Tennessee. Everywhere he goes, he goes in limos. The guy consumes more fossil fuel in one year than an average american will in their lifetime.

If you really believe that shit, then you are one ignorant ass. As for Gore's pompousness, yes, most Southerners come off that way about people like Snider. As far as jobs leaving this nation, that is what both Bush's have worked for. And Gore is trying to get us to move on to the next major industrial movement, that of clean energy. If we fail to move quickly, Japan, Europe, and China will. And there will be very few manufacting jobs left here in the US.

The evidence collected by scientists of every nation clearly show that manmade GHGs are the primary driver of the present warming that we are seeing. Every scientific society in the world, every National Academy of Science, and every major university states that this is the case. An overwhelming scientific consensus. Gore merely put that consensus into layman's terms in his movie. You may not like that reality, but that changes the reality not one whit.

Gore is hypocrite. He talks about how horrible Global Warming is while getting paid tens of thousands of dollars in speaking fees and flying back and forth in his very non green private jet back to his very non green mansion in Tennessee. Everywhere he goes, he goes in limos. The guy consumes more fossil fuel in one year than an average american will in their lifetime.

very well said.

Oh, get off of it. He has alerted the people of the world to a very serious situation, and is to be commended for it. The fact that you use this kind of attack, rather than addressing the scientific basis of anthropogenic warming demonstrates that you concede the arguement.

If you really believe that shit, then you are one ignorant ass. As for Gore's pompousness, yes, most Southerners come off that way about people like Snider. As far as jobs leaving this nation, that is what both Bush's have worked for. And Gore is trying to get us to move on to the next major industrial movement, that of clean energy. If we fail to move quickly, Japan, Europe, and China will. And there will be very few manufacting jobs left here in the US.

The evidence collected by scientists of every nation clearly show that manmade GHGs are the primary driver of the present warming that we are seeing. Every scientific society in the world, every National Academy of Science, and every major university states that this is the case. An overwhelming scientific consensus. Gore merely put that consensus into layman's terms in his movie. You may not like that reality, but that changes the reality not one whit.

oh, and who signed NAFTA? Uh Uh Clinton. did you see the olympics? Beijing made Los Angeles look sunny. I don't see them going green anytime soon. There are scientists who say global warming is man-made and scientists who say it is not. I am not going to belive it is man-made simply because Al Whore is on their side, sorry. I think the jury is still out.

Oh, get off of it. He has alerted the people of the world to a very serious situation, and is to be commended for it. The fact that you use this kind of attack, rather than addressing the scientific basis of anthropogenic warming demonstrates that you concede the arguement.

Al Whore should be commended for nothing except being a sore loser and pompous ass/hippocrite.

No, the jury is not out. The jury has already delivered the verdict. A jury composed of glaciers, of ice caps, and of changing weather patterns. Patterns that very much affect our agriculture. You see, the effects that were predicted are already here, is some cases, fifty years sooner than predicted because of our ignorance about some of the feedbacks that we are presently seeing.

There are very few scientists dealing with climate that state that global warming is not manmade. It is a simple fact that there is an overwhelming scientific consensus on this matter. While consensus doesn't automatically mean it is correct, it puts it in the 95% range.

As far as China being dirty, that is a fact. What is also a fact is that they are spending a greater proportion of their GNP on research in alternative energies than we are. And they would love to become the major supplier of alternative energy goods to the rest of the world. As would Japan and Europe. That is economic competition.

Al Whore should be commended for nothing except being a sore loser and pompous ass/hippocrite.

Sore loser? He won more votes in 2000 than Bush did. After the Supreme Court appointed Bush President, Gore accepted that, and got on with his life. And did very well. Turned a modestly wealthy inheritance into a fortune, investing in the hi-tech market when it was on a downer. Delivered his global warming lecture worldwide, even made a movie out of it that won a few prizes. In the meantime, the person that won the Presidency has without a doubt established himself as the most incompetant person to ever hold that position.

Gore hardly has to worry about a few malcontents sniping at his success. He is enjoying the accolades of people from every nation on earth. He is a success in a manner that you are incapable of appreciating.

Sore loser? He won more votes in 2000 than Bush did. After the Supreme Court appointed Bush President, Gore accepted that, and got on with his life. And did very well. Turned a modestly wealthy inheritance into a fortune, investing in the hi-tech market when it was on a downer. Delivered his global warming lecture worldwide, even made a movie out of it that won a few prizes. In the meantime, the person that won the Presidency has without a doubt established himself as the most incompetant person to ever hold that position.

Gore hardly has to worry about a few malcontents sniping at his success. He is enjoying the accolades of people from every nation on earth. He is a success in a manner that you are incapable of appreciating.

I appreciate his success. I don't appreciate him. In case you didn't know, the popular vote does not determine who wins the Presidency. The electoral college does. And don't tell me what I am incapable of.

I agree Bush is the worst President in history. That doesn't mean we have to deify the one the person that could have been.

Do as I say, not as I do, huh? Sorry, it's difficult for me to listen to my doctor telling me to lose weight, when he's over 600 lbs and downing his second pie of pizza in the past 10 minutes.

Richard S. Lindzen wrote in a June 26, 2006 op-ed in the Wall Street Journal that Gore was using a biased presentation to exploit the fears of the public for his own political gain. [95] Roy Spencer wrote an open letter to Gore criticizing his presentation of climate science in the film, asserting that the Arctic had a similar temperature in the 1930s before the mass emissions of carbon dioxide began.[96] Timothy F. Ball rejected Gore’s claim that there has been a sharp drop-off in the thickness of the Arctic ice cap since 1970, stating that the data was taken only from an isolated area of the Arctic and during a specific cooling period.[97]

William Gray said of the movie: "We're brainwashing our children. They're going to the Gore movie An Inconvenient Truth and being fed all this. It's ridiculous."[98] While discussing the companion book to the movie Gray said, "This is a slick propaganda book. The pictures are very good. But there are factual errors."[99]

A March 13, 2007 article in The New York Times reported on concerns among some scientists about the tone and the accuracy of the film, noting that they "argue that some of Mr. Gore’s central points are exaggerated and erroneous." Gore's discussion of a rise in sea level of up to 20 feet, while not stating a timeframe, appears in contrast with a report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which predicts a maximum rise of 23 inches this century, excluding non-linear effects on ice sheets; although that too discusses the possibilities of higher rises if the ice sheets melt. The article also states that "a report last June by the National Academies seemed to contradict Mr. Gore’s portrayal of recent temperatures as the highest in the past millennium."[100][101] The article quotes both defenders and critics of the film; Gore responds that scientists may disagree with him on some details, "but we do agree on the fundamentals."[100]

The documentary film The Great Global Warming Swindle, broadcast on Channel 4 in the UK in 2007, brought together skeptical scientists and others who disagree with the IPCC position regarding human-caused global warming. The film claims that Gore misrepresented the data in An Inconvenient Truth, and contends that the actual relationship between carbon dioxide and the temperature is the other way round (that is, rise in temperature preceded an increase in carbon dioxide in the ice core samples and therefore does so today). The claim that CO2 increases lag temperature increases in the historical ice core record is not disputed, but the inference that the same relationship holds today, and several other of The Great Global Warming Swindle's claims, have been disputed by scientists and scientific bodies such as John T. Houghton,[102] the British Antarctic Survey,[103] Eigil Friis-Christensen,[104] and the Royal Society.[105] The UK media regulator OfCom has since upheld some complaints against the programme (while rejecting others and declining to investigate the majority).[106]

Are you a meterologist, Dave, or do are you studying these long range forcasts for investment purposes?

Forum List

Back