Coconut Oil

gipper

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2011
...more lies perpetrated on the America people. Coconut oil is not dangerous and is far better than canola, vegge, and corn oil the lying American Heart Association is promoting.

I remember Coconut being on the list for people lowering their cholesterol to avoid and I know the other oils don't harden like Coconut oil,so I can imagine why it would be less heart healthy.
Used sparingly as & for popcorn oil is ok, but why would anyone use it to cook or fry with?

Coconut oil is far more healthy for you than corn, vegetable, or canola oil. Yet, the American Heart Assc. is claiming the opposite. What a bunch of lying criminals.

Behold ---THE EXPERT!!! the oracle at USMB---ROSIE !!! Long ago ----when the oracle was
a kid-----coconut oil was considered highly SATURATED (too many damned hydrogen atoms)----
lately- there are some studies suggesting that coconut oil is ok

Olive Oil is still the best imo.

During my childhood----in the area of the USA in which I lived ----olive oil was sold under the
"progresso" label There was also a mixed vegetable oil which my mom favored. The area
was also known to include Mafia enclaves. I did not make the connection back then.-----
I remember the gallon can of 10% olive oil

no----I think it was a Half gallon ----progresso veggie oil-----10% (?) olive oil ???
??? ask Don Corleone----or Vinny----or Michael

I remember Coconut being on the list for people lowering their cholesterol to avoid and I know the other oils don't harden like Coconut oil,so I can imagine why it would be less heart healthy.
Used sparingly as & for popcorn oil is ok, but why would anyone use it to cook or fry with?

It doesnt burn at high temperatures like the other oils, maybe that is part of why it is better for cooking. Fried oil is not good for the heart, thats part of the reason Fast Food is so deadly. It's not really the hamburger or the bun so much as the oil they fry with. Coconut oil resists high temperature so much, that ive actually used the spray can coconut oil when Mig welding to prevent metal spatter from sticking to the work and the oil doesnt even burn off. its kind of amazing

Supposedly some fast food uses animal fat for fries. Corn oil has a higher temp burn rate and has less taste. Canola when it starts to spoils tastes like fish.
Vegetable oil is the least expensive and with temp control fryers makes the most sense since they usually take more then one container to fill. Fryers that have filtering features means you can use the same oil around 6-10 times if not burning the oil, except when frying chicken or meats where animal fat will mix in.
In summary; Veg oil for temp control fryers.
Corn oil for pan/ filled pot frying where temps might reach higher.
Peanut oil for Stir frying.
Red coconut oil for popcorn oil.
Move over Butter for searing any kind of meat.

It doesnt burn at high temperatures like the other oils, maybe that is part of why it is better for cooking. Fried oil is not good for the heart, thats part of the reason Fast Food is so deadly. It's not really the hamburger or the bun so much as the oil they fry with. Coconut oil resists high temperature so much, that ive actually used the spray can coconut oil when Mig welding to prevent metal spatter from sticking to the work and the oil doesnt even burn off. its kind of amazing
WhyCoconut-Oil-Wont-Kill-You.jpg

So true....

Why Coconut Oil Won't Kill You, But Listening to the American Heart Association Might! - Sustainable Dish

Forum List

Back