Cockfighting and Pit Bull fighting should definitely be illegal.

2Parties

Nov 27, 2009
Tennis Sea
If the title applies to you please come up with just punishment for the following offenses (if you believe they are offenses) and please describe the law enforcement involved, permits for getting these type of animals, and what government should do in general in these circumstances. If you are against cockfighting and pit bull fighting for gambling alone please say so.

1. Family believes their dog is on deaths doorstep. Dad puts a .22 round through it's head.
2. Irresponsible mother allows young daughter to "play" with the cat out of sight. Daughter throws cat off of the top step of the stairway killing it.
3. Small family farm has a small chicken coop. They don't gamble on the chickens but there are 2 of them constantly fighting. One kills the other in a bloody slaughter.
4. Family doesn't like their new hamster. They flush it down the toilet.
5. Child refuses to feed fish. Mom flushes it down toilet.
6. Family gets a new rabbit. It's not as fun as they thought it would be. They let it go in the wild.

This stuff should be very simple for you people who love animals. If you don't believe in imprisoning someone for these offenses please explain why you hate that animal and support it's torture.

Last edited:
Bump for the pro-animal uscitizen, The Rabbi, Huggy, editec, Ravi, JimH52.

Please tell me of your activism to protect all animals, imprison abusers, etc.

I agree with you that cock fighting should be illegal. I went to a cock fight a couple of days ago and I'm still so sore I can hardly walk.

If the title applies to you please come up with just punishment for the following offenses (if you believe they are offenses) and please describe the law enforcement involved, permits for getting these type of animals, and what government should do in general in these circumstances. If you are against cockfighting and pit bull fighting for gambling alone please say so.

1. Family believes their dog is on deaths doorstep. Dad puts a .22 round through it's head.
2. Irresponsible mother allows young daughter to "play" with the cat out of sight. Daughter throws cat off of the top step of the stairway killing it.
3. Small family farm has a small chicken coop. They don't gamble on the chickens but there are 2 of them constantly fighting. One kills the other in a bloody slaughter.
6. Family gets a new rabbit. It's not as fun as they thought it would be. They let it go in the wild.

This stuff should be very simple for you people who love animals. If you don't believe in imprisoning someone for these offenses please explain why you hate that animal and support it's torture.

In the first place, cock fighting and pit bull fights are illegal. Ask Michael Vick.

So why do you guys hate domesticated rabbits so much that I could send a rabbit that has no chance into the wild where it will get absolutely tore to shreds?

You people make me sick.

Cockfighting is already illegal in all 50 states.
Ranking of State Cockfighting Laws | The Humane Society of the United States

Dog fighting is illegal in all 50 states and a felony offense in almost every state:
Dogfighting Fact Sheet | The Humane Society of the United States

Severe thread FAIL.

So why not other animals being tortured by humans? Why only chickens and dogs? Why do you hate some animals? Animal racism must be...

Cockfighting is already illegal in all 50 states.
Ranking of State Cockfighting Laws | The Humane Society of the United States

Dog fighting is illegal in all 50 states and a felony offense in almost every state:
Dogfighting Fact Sheet | The Humane Society of the United States

Severe thread FAIL.

So why not other animals being tortured by humans? Why only chickens and dogs? Why do you hate some animals? Animal racism must be...
There is no such thing as "animal racism". Thread post response FAIL.

I don't believe animals should be treated "humanely", they should be treated "animaly". If you've been paying attention to nature you'll see that animals tear each other to shreds so we shouldn't feel guilty for killing and BBQing them either.

Allow me to respond. I'm definitely against dogfighting. Cockfighting seems less serious to me. I also think pitbulls should be strictly regulated btw.

Nothing should be illegal in putting a dog down, a bullet to head is a quick was to do it
I can't imagine a cat dying this way but I don't see anything actionable in allowing a child to play with a cat
We eat chickens. So do the f-ing racoons, dammit!
Rodents are vermin. I have drowned both coons and skunks. It's more humane to hook 'em up to the tailpipe of the pick up, I've found
Mom should get 20 to life for that one!
The rabbit will thank her, the game warden might disapprove.

Forum List

Back