Cochran primary won by Black Democrats

Now, that's interesting. I would be VERY interested to see the exact stats on that one.

That being said, the longer this race is called into doubt and the more infighting there is within the GOP about this race, the better a shot Childers (D) has at making this race a horserace. I was not sure I would ever live to see the day when a Democrat would be elected to the Senate from Mississippi, but Childers, I say once again, is about as far Right as a Democrat can go and still be called a Democrat. And he is well-liked in MS.

Electoral history has shown us repeatedly that in cases like this, the underdog from the other party can rise to the top. I'm not saying it will happen. I am saying that if this blood-feud continues, it can happen, thus forcing the RNC to sink money into a state that should be safe (R) for them.

Not if McDaniels has that race overturned..

I agree. If McDaniel gets the race overturned, then Childers probably wins the GE in 2014 by about 7 points.

The Teapers are creating a no win situation for the GOP. If McDaniel doesn't get this overturned, then the teapers are going to boycott the elections. If McDaniel somehow gets the runoff overturned (which isn't going to happen, no matter what blog tells them so), there is no way McDaniel can win.

My prediction...the election won't get overturned and the teapers get violent.

OK, Hobbit. Didn't a teaper couple just go on a shooting spree last month?

And that proves what ?

That the Tea Party can have people in their group who are unstable as you ?

It proves that Teapers are a dangerous lot...stuck on hate, racism, and a goal of an anti-Government revolution and race war.

Didn't do so well in that statistics course, did you ?

It "proves" nothing.

However, the post indicates that you are pretty close minded intolerant and ignorant.

And that proves what ?

It proves that Teapers are a dangerous lot...stuck on hate, racism, and a goal of an anti-Government revolution and race war.

It "proves" nothing.

However, the post indicates that you are pretty close minded intolerant and ignorant.

Like I said, as soon as McDaniel's crybaby fest is shut down...I am sure another Teaper will go on a shooting spree in protest.

And that proves what ?

It "proves" nothing.

Grumpy? Irritable?

I am thinking that staying on topic can help, instead of you always attacking other members.

So, the title of the OP is:

and lots of information has been published on this thread, especially a very astute analysis from [MENTION=42949]bendog[/MENTION].

That could be a good starting point for you.

It "proves" nothing.

Grumpy? Irritable?

I am thinking that staying on topic can help, instead of you always attacking other members.

and lots of information has been published on this thread, especially a very astute analysis from [MENTION=42949]bendog[/MENTION].

What you think matters to me why ?

And I am sure you've got a sweet little lecture for Nutz(o) who is posting predictions about tea party members shooting someone because the recount didn't work out.

I'll be looking for that (real hard :doubt:).

And you really would need to link the analysis you are talking about. I don't expect to scroll through 950 posts looking for it.

Last edited:

It "proves" nothing.

Grumpy? Irritable?

And I am sure you've got a sweet little lecture for Nutz(o) who is posting predictions about tea party members shooting someone because the recount didn't work out.

I might be wrong about the shooting thing. I can see the nutters running over random black people with their cars too. Maybe a couple of cross burnings. Hell, could be a gas attack at the civil rights museum. The thing is, you never know with the hate faction of the tea party. They have already had one mass shooting, a standoff against the feds, and who knows what else that the pro-tea party media is ignoring. I'm just saying...if you live in Mississippi, and the recount fails...BEWARE!

No need to lecture me, Statz...just making sure I keep the level of debate at the Teaper level. :lmao:

Last edited:

It "proves" nothing.

Grumpy? Irritable?

And you really would need to link the analysis you are talking about. I don't expect to scroll through 950 posts looking for it.

Well, put on your bi-focals.

What, you don't know how to do a search function on a thread? Must suck to be you.

:lol:

Grumpy? Irritable?

What, you don't know how to do a search function on a thread? Must suck to be you.

Hey asswipe,

If you are to lazy to link it, I am not going to go find it.

Hey asswipe,

Ahhh, I see that the welcher Listening is starting to show his true self in USMB.

But it's all good in the hood.

Carry on.

:thup:

But since you are soooo lazy, I am assuming you are a mooching welfare case.

Here's the quote, lazy boy:

Thank you for a well thought out response. Some of what you stated I agree with. It's also politics .. so why do you want it moved now? This is around the time Conservatives begin posting.. after work.. No deal.. it's been here all day in politics because it is politics.

Because in the elections section, there is already a great deal of data over the Cochran/McDaniel races, your thread would add to the richness of that data, and in the future, a search in one sub-forum is quicker than a search in the entire forum. So, there is a method to my madness, here....

:D

I can't view your video. Is that from last night, or has he spoken today?

Anyway, I wasted away my lunch hour by looking over county by county vote tallies from the June 3 and yesterday's votes, and as far as race goes, I think it's a mixed bag. Cochran probably picked up some African American votes, but to say that was the only thing going on ..... oversimplification.

The best evidence for African American influence is Hinds County, where the capital is. Cochran gained 7000 but McDaniel LOST 1500. Those weren't black votes. Moreover, Cochran was campaigning at the states three largest hospitals where medicare is the bomb.

Moreover, in the capital's two major suburbs, Cochran gained 3200 votes. Those are mostly white.

In Jackson County on the Coast, which is largely white, Cochran flipped it. He gained 950votes and McDaniel lost 1000.

Cochran cut into McDaniel's victory margin in several counties

Washington and Warren no doubt had some African American votes for Cochran. An alphabetical list of counties that I thought showed a significant statistical change from June 3.

Desoto (Memphis suburb. On June 3, Cochran was stunned to lose this county because of all the economic development from infrastructure, but as it turned out most people in this county are NOT natives of Mississippi, thus the loyalty Cochran expected was nonexistent.)
In the runoff, McDaniel still won by 1600, but Cochran narrowed that margin by 450. White county. Cochran out campaigned him. It’s the best school district in the state, and possibly McDaniel’s comments on no federal dollars for education came back to bite him.

Forrest. (Pinebelt considered to be McDaniel home turf) In the runoff, McDaniel again won this county with 5600 votes, but Cochran cut the margin by 700. There’s a reason the county’s named for nathan bedford forrest.

Hinds. (66% african american. Also home to three major hospitals getting federal dollars) Cochran won with almost 18,000 votes. In the runoff, Cochran gained 7,000 votes but McDaniel lost 1,500 votes. Obviously, african americans played some role, but a lot of white folks work in healthcare. McDaniel’s totals show some buyers remorse. Possibly breaking into the county courthouse was a negative to voters.

Jackson (A southern gulf of mexico county. Largely White. On June 3, Cochran was surprised to lose it) In the runoff, Cochran flipped it. He gained 950 votes and McDaniel lost 1000. Cochran campaigned heavily here the last two weeks.

Lafayette (Cochran’s home and the home of THE OLE MISS REBELS. Largely White) Cochran increased his vote totals by 700 over McDaniel in the runoff.

Madison (the most affluent county. Largely white, but integrated) Cochran increased his margin of victory by 2,000 in the runoff. The local leaders and transportation people were all over the tea party folks the past two weeks.

Oktibbeha (home of Mississippi State University, and imo a nice place. I think there’s racial diversity here, but obviously a lot of people work for the school) Cochran gained 750 votes in the runoff.

Rankin (another urban suburb, though this is a tad more redneck. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. It is VERY white and has pretty decent public schools) Cochran increased his margin by 1,200 in the runoff.

Washington (the largest Delta county and very african american. Cochran got 2350 votes for with a gain of 950 But interestingly, McDaniel gained 250 votes to get all the way to 850.)

Warren (also VERY black. Home of Vicksburg, which surrendered to the Yankee Scum US Grant on July 4, 1863, leading the city to not celebrate the Fourth of July for about one century.) Cochran picked up 600 votes to win with 3150, but McDaniel picked up 200 in the runoff)

A couple of random McDaniel counties that got my attention.

Marshall County (Northern part of the state above Ole Miss. Racially about 50-50) McDaniel picked up 550. I have no idea why.

Pearl River (another Katrina kicked their azz county) McDaniel won by 5800 to 2150, gaining 1000 votes in the runoff.

Tate County (just South of DeSoto, home of where Cochran got his azz kicked on June 3, and largely White) McDaniel picked up another 700.

You see, welcher Listening, unlike you, Bendog and I both provide actual factual information.

Hey asswipe,

Ahhh, I see that the welcher Listening is starting to show his true self in USMB.

But it's all good in the hood.

Carry on.

But since you are soooo lazy, I am assuming you are a mooching welfare case.

Here's the quote, lazy boy:

Because in the elections section, there is already a great deal of data over the Cochran/McDaniel races, your thread would add to the richness of that data, and in the future, a search in one sub-forum is quicker than a search in the entire forum. So, there is a method to my madness, here....

:D

I can't view your video. Is that from last night, or has he spoken today?

Anyway, I wasted away my lunch hour by looking over county by county vote tallies from the June 3 and yesterday's votes, and as far as race goes, I think it's a mixed bag. Cochran probably picked up some African American votes, but to say that was the only thing going on ..... oversimplification.

The best evidence for African American influence is Hinds County, where the capital is. Cochran gained 7000 but McDaniel LOST 1500. Those weren't black votes. Moreover, Cochran was campaigning at the states three largest hospitals where medicare is the bomb.

Moreover, in the capital's two major suburbs, Cochran gained 3200 votes. Those are mostly white.

In Jackson County on the Coast, which is largely white, Cochran flipped it. He gained 950votes and McDaniel lost 1000.

Cochran cut into McDaniel's victory margin in several counties

Washington and Warren no doubt had some African American votes for Cochran. An alphabetical list of counties that I thought showed a significant statistical change from June 3.

Desoto (Memphis suburb. On June 3, Cochran was stunned to lose this county because of all the economic development from infrastructure, but as it turned out most people in this county are NOT natives of Mississippi, thus the loyalty Cochran expected was nonexistent.)
In the runoff, McDaniel still won by 1600, but Cochran narrowed that margin by 450. White county. Cochran out campaigned him. It’s the best school district in the state, and possibly McDaniel’s comments on no federal dollars for education came back to bite him.

Forrest. (Pinebelt considered to be McDaniel home turf) In the runoff, McDaniel again won this county with 5600 votes, but Cochran cut the margin by 700. There’s a reason the county’s named for nathan bedford forrest.

Hinds. (66% african american. Also home to three major hospitals getting federal dollars) Cochran won with almost 18,000 votes. In the runoff, Cochran gained 7,000 votes but McDaniel lost 1,500 votes. Obviously, african americans played some role, but a lot of white folks work in healthcare. McDaniel’s totals show some buyers remorse. Possibly breaking into the county courthouse was a negative to voters.

Jackson (A southern gulf of mexico county. Largely White. On June 3, Cochran was surprised to lose it) In the runoff, Cochran flipped it. He gained 950 votes and McDaniel lost 1000. Cochran campaigned heavily here the last two weeks.

Lafayette (Cochran’s home and the home of THE OLE MISS REBELS. Largely White) Cochran increased his vote totals by 700 over McDaniel in the runoff.

Madison (the most affluent county. Largely white, but integrated) Cochran increased his margin of victory by 2,000 in the runoff. The local leaders and transportation people were all over the tea party folks the past two weeks.

Oktibbeha (home of Mississippi State University, and imo a nice place. I think there’s racial diversity here, but obviously a lot of people work for the school) Cochran gained 750 votes in the runoff.

Rankin (another urban suburb, though this is a tad more redneck. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. It is VERY white and has pretty decent public schools) Cochran increased his margin by 1,200 in the runoff.

Washington (the largest Delta county and very african american. Cochran got 2350 votes for with a gain of 950 But interestingly, McDaniel gained 250 votes to get all the way to 850.)

Warren (also VERY black. Home of Vicksburg, which surrendered to the Yankee Scum US Grant on July 4, 1863, leading the city to not celebrate the Fourth of July for about one century.) Cochran picked up 600 votes to win with 3150, but McDaniel picked up 200 in the runoff)

A couple of random McDaniel counties that got my attention.

Marshall County (Northern part of the state above Ole Miss. Racially about 50-50) McDaniel picked up 550. I have no idea why.

Pearl River (another Katrina kicked their azz county) McDaniel won by 5800 to 2150, gaining 1000 votes in the runoff.

Tate County (just South of DeSoto, home of where Cochran got his azz kicked on June 3, and largely White) McDaniel picked up another 700.

You see, welcher Listening, unlike you, Bendog and I both provide actual factual information.

:lol: But Got News said it was a conspiracy and only black voters made a difference...
:lol: Got News...you people need to stop paying attention to Stephanies nonsense.

Well Statistikdick........

I have not been arguing with you or Bendog and never disputed any information from either of you.

I've gone after Nutz because of his assertion that a few whackjobs in the tea party means the whole movement is whacked.....or haven't you noticed.

Additionally, he as suggested that if the recall does not work....a tea party person will go on a shooting spree.

I noticed your post to him asking for support of his assertions....oh, wait...that wasn't you.

No, you just lecture people from the other side......which not only makes you partisan but a hypocrite.

But you keep thinking that you are somehow smarter..........

I have not been arguing with you or Bendog and never disputed any information from either of you.

I've gone after Nutz because of his assertion that a few whackjobs in the tea party means the whole movement is whacked.....or haven't you noticed.

Additionally, he as suggested that if the recall does not work....a tea party person will go on a shooting spree.

I noticed your post to him asking for support of his assertions....oh, wait...that wasn't you.

No, you just lecture people from the other side......which not only makes you partisan but a hypocrite.

Since you are using me as an excuse for not having any valid arguments or for being butt hurt because you can't hang with Statz or BenDog...

Let me just reiterate...when McDaniel loses his ridiculous challenge and is done blaming black people for his inability to win an election...the racist teaper faction in MS will go on a rampage. One story blogs, like Got News, which the teapers are treating as Gospel...will incite those riots.

Got News will then report it is the blackies fault and teapers will excuse their comrades action.

Hey Listening...Got News? :lmao:

Since you are using me as an excuse for not having any valid arguments or for being butt hurt because you can't hang with Statz or BenDog...

Let me just reiterate...when McDaniel loses his ridiculous challenge and is done blaming black people for his inability to win an election...the racist teaper faction in MS will go on a rampage. One story blogs, like Got News, which the teapers are treating as Gospel...will incite those riots.

Got News will then report it is the blackies fault and teapers will excuse their comrades action.

So, you think Statistikdick buys into your shooting rampage theory ? I noticed you didn't include it in this post....are you backpeddling ?

Now you are just saying rampage....what do you mean ?

As for hanging with Sdick and Bendog.....I don't recall any interaction with either of them until Sdick decided to stick his nose in our little conversation.

When I'm going to debate a topic with someone...they'll know it.

So, you think Statistikdick buys into your shooting rampage theory ? I noticed you didn't include it in this post....are you backpeddling ?

Just because someone might disagree with me doesn't me I have to attack them. I am a conservative...not a Teaper - see the difference?

Now you are just saying rampage....what do you mean ?

The Amazing Prophet said:
I might be wrong about the shooting thing. I can see the nutters running over random black people with their cars too. Maybe a couple of cross burnings. Hell, could be a gas attack at the civil rights museum. The thing is, you never know with the hate faction of the tea party. They have already had one mass shooting, a standoff against the feds, and who knows what else that the pro-tea party media is ignoring. I'm just saying...if you live in Mississippi, and the recount fails...BEWARE!

As for hanging with Sdick and Bendog.....I don't recall any interaction with either of them until Sdick decided to stick his nose in our little conversation.
Maybe he thinks you are a dick and wanted to put you in your place?
When I'm going to debate a topic with someone...they'll know it.
That'll be the day...:lol:

Well, I'm just waiting. I think the election is done, and there's no substance to anything McDaniel "complains of." The vote will be certified to the sec of state this coming Monday, the 7th. After that, there can be a challenge, and there's provision for judicial review after that. I'm honesty not sure about the deadlines.

But the interesting thing to me at this point is the divisions is wedging inside the actual governance of the state, on state issues involving spending and such. I don't see that's interesting to anyone here but me, so I've not much to add at this point.

No ill feelings towards anyone on the board.

Well, I'm just waiting. I think the election is done, and there's no substance to anything McDaniel "complains of." The vote will be certified to the sec of state this coming Monday, the 7th. After that, there can be a challenge, and there's provision for judicial review after that. I'm honesty not sure about the deadlines.

But the interesting thing to me at this point is the divisions is wedging inside the actual governance of the state, on state issues involving spending and such. I don't see that's interesting to anyone here but me, so I've not much to add at this point.

No ill feelings towards anyone on the board.

I am pretty sure nothing will come of it.

This whole recount to eternity thing is nothing more than sour grapes on either side.

Just because someone might disagree with me doesn't me I have to attack them. I am a conservative...not a Teaper - see the difference?
Please confirm or deny that you said that a "teaper" would go on a shooting spree if the recall failed.

Maybe he thinks you are a dick and wanted to put you in your place?
Yeah, he did that...on an anonymous message board. :cuckoo:

He didn't seem to find your claim so outrageous, but he does not have the balls to say so.

That'll be the day...:lol:

What day would that be ?

The day you pulled your head out of your ass ?

Forum List

Back