Coca-Cola is considering marijuana-infused drinks

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
This'll freak out the right.

"The space is evolving quickly," Coca-Cola spokesman Kent Landers told Bloomberg News. "No decisions have been made at this time."

According to a report in BNN Bloomberg, the company is "in talks" with Aurora Cannabis, a Canadian marijuana producer. While sales in sugary sodas have slowed down, Reuters notes that health drinks are on the rise.

Unlike THC, the compound in cannabis that causes a high, CBD is non-psychoactive. It is believed to have anti-inflammatory, anti-nausea, anti-seizure effects, and because it doesn't make the user intoxicated, CBD products are marketed as having some of the benefits of cannabis without the intoxication.

Since Canada just legalized recreational marijuana, manufacturers have been showing more and more interest in producing cannabis-infused products. Reuters calls it a "testing ground" until the U.S. comes around to legalization.

"Entry into a legalized Canadian market allows them to develop and build a brand while not breaking any laws," Bruce Campbell, an investor who's invested in weed producers, told Reuters.

You don't even have to wait. They have flavored medical marijuana syrup that is usually mixed with soda in order to give it a nice soda flavor or mixed flavor.

The unfortunate big picture is the ostensible encouragement of drug abuse. That’s the intention of this headline.
Public pot smokers should be executed.
Pot dispensaries that don’t provide warnings of the depersonalization and derealization effects of their drug should be closed and their operators imprisoned and subsequently executed.

"The space is evolving quickly," Coca-Cola spokesman Kent Landers told Bloomberg News. "No decisions have been made at this time."

According to a report in BNN Bloomberg, the company is "in talks" with Aurora Cannabis, a Canadian marijuana producer. While sales in sugary sodas have slowed down, Reuters notes that health drinks are on the rise.

Unlike THC, the compound in cannabis that causes a high, CBD is non-psychoactive. It is believed to have anti-inflammatory, anti-nausea, anti-seizure effects, and because it doesn't make the user intoxicated, CBD products are marketed as having some of the benefits of cannabis without the intoxication.

Since Canada just legalized recreational marijuana, manufacturers have been showing more and more interest in producing cannabis-infused products. Reuters calls it a "testing ground" until the U.S. comes around to legalization.

"Entry into a legalized Canadian market allows them to develop and build a brand while not breaking any laws," Bruce Campbell, an investor who's invested in weed producers, told Reuters.

Yeah, it's a code word that's designed to effect change in their brain and make them squawk like chickens.

You don't even have to wait. They have flavored medical marijuana syrup that is usually mixed with soda in order to give it a nice soda flavor or mixed flavor.
Sure, you can buy it in cookies, candies, but this Coca Cola.

Why should Coca-Cola settle for marijuana in the drink, just go back to infusing cocaine in it.

I'm hard right and it doesn't freak me out! If they make it, you won't get high on the stuff, it will just have hemp flavoring, kind of like another soft drink they used to make they took off the market long ago called Josta.

The never-ending quest to bring back Josta, the original '90s energy drink
Read the OP, ..

I'm hard right and it doesn't freak me out! If they make it, you won't get high on the stuff, it will just have hemp flavoring, kind of like another soft drink they used to make they took off the market long ago called Josta.

Read the OP, ..

Yeah, I read all that stuff, stupid, I just couldn't believe you were so narrow-minded that you actually believed conservative people would be against a marijuana drink that didn't even get you high. If I had my way, Coke Cola would still put real cocaine in the product.

Just another way like the energy drinks that they can then charge 3-4 dollars for what is basically a soda pop.

Great marketing.

Hmm. If CBD is indeed thought to be helpful, I'd think that testing would be done to determine effects based on amount consumed, side effects, etc.

The only thing that concerns me here is that, no doubt, it would be overused, and everyone's physiology is different.

Upon the recommendation of our pet supply store, we gave our daughter's 12 year-old border collie a CBD oil with her food because they no longer sell any of the supplements to help arthritis in older dogs. She could barely get around and had trouble climbing stairs. This dog changed instantly, she plays, jumps around the house, runs up the stairs, and plays tug-o-war with the other dogs. She is like a puppy again! That stuff works!

Sounds like it tastes like shit smells?

Read the OP, ..
I don’t think anyone really cares one way or the other, some people think marijuana helps them. And some people think marijuana will harm them. It should be thier choice

Last edited:
Just another way like the energy drinks that they can then charge 3-4 dollars for what is basically a soda pop.

Great marketing.
Most likely, some people get no benefit, some people benefit… A personal choice

The Georgia Peach and the California Raspberry are okay, I tried em. Thyecome in a 4 pack with the classic glass bottles.

Back in the '50s, that had all sorts of flavored Coke. Even lemon Coke. That's back when they had soda shops..

The unfortunate big picture is the ostensible encouragement of drug abuse. That’s the intention of this headline.
Public pot smokers should be executed.
Pot dispensaries that don’t provide warnings of the depersonalization and derealization effects of their drug should be closed and their operators imprisoned and subsequently executed.
You are one sick m f'er
Go suck Stalins dick, statist faggot

Not unusual when you consider Coca Cola used to be made with cocaine as an ingredient.

Hence the name Coca. Of course back then no one knew anything about cocaine and how habit forming it was. Once they found out the cocaine was removed from the recipe.

New Topics

Forum List

Back