Coal miners say they were forced to attend Romney event and donate

They made this "mandatory" and then mewl that no one was forced to go - do they understand the definition of "mandatory"? And they took names so that they would know who didn't go? And they refused to PAY the workers for a mandatory er... meeting? No, a seminar? No, it was that gasbag's POLITICAL rally. So incredibly wrong...

man·da·to·ry/ˈmandəˌtôrē/Adjective:

1.Required by law or rules; compulsory: "wearing helmets is mandatory".
2.Of or conveying a command: "he did not want the guidelines to be mandatory".

Hey dumbass, the mine was shutting down for the event these fucks couldn't work if they wanted to. No one was forced to attend the event.

Damn you people are stupid!

Thanks for the update, I figured it was a dumb shit Democrat making more,shit up.

Did you not read the article? The company spokesman explained why they couldn't pay the miners who attended the political rally. It's against the law to do so.!

It's also against the law to require hourly workers to do anything they aren't on the clock for.

OK, how is this even remotely legal? I thought it was against the law to force your employees into political action.

“We had managers that communicated to our work force that the attendance at the Romney event was mandatory, but no one was forced to attend the event. We had a pre-registration list. And employees were asked to put their names on a pre-registration list because they could not get into the event unless they were pre-registered and had a name tag to enter the premises.”

Coal miners say they were forced to attend Romney event and donate | The Raw Story

So your title is a lie and you proved yourself to be a liar in your own op.

not negged for lying. It's a pity move for the retarded.

This is the radio interview with a top comany asshole...

Ohio Miners Required to Attend Romney Rally | Mother Jones

You got a real source? mother Jones makes shit up and their interviews are usually bogus. Sorry they have a bad rap.

Proof please because they actually have a very good rep.

(... among thinking individuals.)

As for the op, welcome to the GObP dictatorship.

Remember, it was Ryan who actually CHARGED money to get into one of his phony "town hall meetings" and then refused to take questions unless they were pre-approved. That worthless bastard laughed at the old man who had a health care question and then had him hauled out.

Now both RobMe and Robin are taking only pre-approved questions and both are doing the Ole Repub Media-Dodging Shuffle that was so convenient to the Rs during the last campaign.

Don't worry about tonight - Mittens CAN read.

Another failed thread by the Obamacrats!

So you're okay with dirt poor miners being forced to stand in front of 1% Etch A Sketch so it looks like they actually FAVOR his stealing every cent they will ever see.

Damn rw sheeples.

You got a real source? mother Jones makes shit up and their interviews are usually bogus. Sorry they have a bad rap.

The hate sites do this.

Raw Story fabricates the tale, then a few hours later, Mother Jones repeats it, using Raw Story as a source, and the leftist shout "SEE, it's credible."

Look for think Progress and KOS to print it soon.

I don't believe this for a second. No company is this stupid.

actually, it's not as uncommon as you might thing. although i suspect if it was an obama rally, you'd have posted a thread about how horrible dems are.

cleveland.com is pretty mainstream...and they're covering it.

ww.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2012/08/coal_miners_lost_pay_when_mitt.html

so did washington monthly

Political Animal - Coal Miners Forced to Attend Romney Event Without Pay

so perhaps it shouldn't strain credulity.

From the OP:
“We’re talking about an event that was in the best interest of anyone that’s related to the coal industry,” Moore added. “I do not believe that missing an eight-hour day, when you put it into perspective, when you think about how critical — critical this next election is, and how critical it is that we get someone in this office that supports coal — to give up eight hours for a career, I just don’t believe that there is anything negative about that.”

At the time, conservative blogs and websites like The Daily Caller, The Gateway Pundit and Townhall trumpeted the fact that “hundreds of Ohio coal miners attended” the event. Even though the mine was closed on Aug. 14, soot-covered miners were staged behind the GOP hopeful as he spoke.

This is the radio interview with a top comany asshole...

Ohio Miners Required to Attend Romney Rally | Mother Jones

Proof please because they actually have a very good rep.

(... among thinking individuals.)

As for the op, welcome to the GObP dictatorship.

Remember, it was Ryan who actually CHARGED money to get into one of his phony "town hall meetings" and then refused to take questions unless they were pre-approved. That worthless bastard laughed at the old man who had a health care question and then had him hauled out.

Now both RobMe and Robin are taking only pre-approved questions and both are doing the Ole Repub Media-Dodging Shuffle that was so convenient to the Rs during the last campaign.

Don't worry about tonight - Mittens CAN read.
I had almost forgotten about that craven washington-insider, money-grab. Thanks for reminding me :)

OK, how is this even remotely legal? I thought it was against the law to force your employees into political action.

“We had managers that communicated to our work force that the attendance at the Romney event was mandatory, but no one was forced to attend the event. We had a pre-registration list. And employees were asked to put their names on a pre-registration list because they could not get into the event unless they were pre-registered and had a name tag to enter the premises.”

Coal miners say they were forced to attend Romney event and donate | The Raw Story

???????

It's false, and you know it.

Out of 300, about 2 DNC hacks called a media outlet and made a claim, with no corroborating evidence, not even an email. But with the demagogue party, the only thing that matters is the smear - no need for evidence, much less fact.

If Obama is reanointed, then these miners are out of work, and they know it. So yeah, the overwhelming majority of them support Romney.

Obama serves public unions and a few, well connected looters. Anyone in a private industry job is at severe risk with Obama in office.

The fact is, unless you work for government, the goal of Obama is to put you out of work.

Forum List

Back