Coakley's Staff Call Reporters 'Nazi's'....

Oct 8, 2009
Oh wow! Seriously!! Nazi's? A couple of reporters filming at Coakley's offices are comparable to the political party who ravaged Europe and gassed millions of innocent people?

For the record, I am of the opinion that anyone who calls another a 'Nazi' during an argument loses said argument.

Big High 5 to the reporters! Nice work!! :clap2::clap2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gs3QbmkYH8]YouTube - Coakely Staffers: "Get Out Of Our Office"[/ame]

Oh wow! Seriously!! Nazi's? A couple of reporters filming at Coakley's offices are comparable to the political party who ravaged Europe and gassed millions of innocent people?

For the record, I am of the opinion that anyone who calls another a 'Nazi' during an argument loses said argument.

YouTube - Coakely Staffers: "Get Out Of Our Office"

Ahh leave the poor loser alone, I mean the Democrats did not kick Republicans when they were down did they? )

• Banned

YouTube - Coakely Staffers: "Get Out Of Our Office"

Ahh leave the poor loser alone, I mean the Democrats did not kick Republicans when they were down did they? )

You gawddamned Nazi. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Seriously, just grace in defeat is an example to us all.... not.

However, the reporters were very gracious - and that should set an example for our politicians and their staff to follow.

In her shoes I would not be gracious. But grace has not been her signature issues.

Seriously, she lost MA to a republican no name. The reporters didn't need to stand there and salt her wounds.

!Attention USMB Shoppers! Faux outrage on aisle 5, and if you notice hypocrisy is our daily special.

Last edited:
In her shoes I would not be gracious. But grace has not been her signature issues.

Seriously, she lost MA to a republican no name. The reporters didn't need to stand there and salt her wounds.
This happened on election day - about midday, so it was not apparent that Coakley had lost.

Rumor has it that reporter - part of a non-partisan group of about 50 who pioneered 'swarm journalism' in MA to ensure a fair and open election - was there the night before for a human interest story on the volunteers who were pretty normal folks. Unfortunately for those volunteers and the DNC, they let the union thugs be the story.

Also, it was in Springfield - she carried that with Brown only getting approximately 35% of the vote in that area. She needed a big turnout there and that didn't happen.

Last edited:

This happened on election day - about midday, so it was not apparent that Coakley had lost.

Rumor has it that reporter - part of a non-partisan group of about 50 who pioneered 'swarm journalism' in MA to ensure a fair and open election - was there the night before for a human interest story on the volunteers who were pretty normal folks. Unfortunately for those volunteers and the DNC, they let the union thugs be the story.

Also, it was in Springfield - she carried that with Brown only getting approximately 35% of the vote in that area. She needed a big turnout there and that didn't happen.

Yet again, I agree with you Si. It is becoming a vital part of any election - with the likes of Unions getting so close to the seat of power - that we have non-partisan observers around to capture any 'irregularities'. I think these reporters did a great job. They were polite and non-confrontational. I fail to see how anyone can defend the behavior of Coakley's crew. This was not done after the result, it was during the day - a legitimate piece and well done.

!Attention USMB Shoppers! Faux outrage on aisle 5, and if you notice hypocrisy is our daily special.

Interesting stance, Lu. This 'faux' outrage about legitimate reporters being called 'Nazi's'. Personally, I find nothing fake about raising the offensive behavior of a bunch of thugs but I guess if it had been from a GOP office, the left would have taken it with good grace. Not.

My point, which seems to constantly float over the heads of liberals, is that calling legitimate reporters 'Nazi's' is actually pretty damned offensive.

Each to their own but personally I am losing patience with anyone who thinks they get to decide what is or is not genuine 'outrage'.

So as I understand this the intent of the reporter was to get the human interest story in people involved in the election and rather than see this as an opportunity to promote their candidate and their advocacy they used it to lash out at the network that was doing the story. Below is a link of their candidate on the same network that the UFCW members were having an issue with...

Martha Coakley on Fox 25 Boston 1/18/2010 - Redlasso.com

While I do not know all of what promoted this, and when your frustrated you tend to show it perhaps. In the end I suspect this sort of thing is pretty common in elections in general when it comes to media and local campaign offices.

Baruch Menachem Wrote:

You're so right. Reporters should never ask questions to anyone who is having a bad day, has been through a tough situation, has done something wrong, or might be upset about having to answer for their actions. After all, it might hurt the person's feelings. :cuckoo:

Baruch Menachem Wrote:

You're so right. Reporters should never ask questions to anyone who is having a bad day, has been through a tough situation, has done something wrong, or might be upset about having to answer for their actions. After all, it might hurt the person's feelings. :cuckoo:

Baruch would have had a point.... IF the reporters had been there AFTER the result. Fact is, this vid was shot BEFORE the result. No one knew whether she'd won or lost - so for these reporters to be treated this way by the staff of a potential US Senator was pathetic.

It would have been pathetic EITHER WAY...the time when the reporters showed up is irrelevant. If they were there to question Coakley's office about why they thought she lost, whether or not they felt Obama helped or hurt her campaign, how she felt about the fact that the Democrats in general were planning on blaming her loss on her poor campaigning rather than a message to Washington about health care....ALL are relevant questions that a reporter has the right to ask the losing candidate at any time without being called a Nazi.

The only way Baruch might have a point is if the reporter was there to mock the candidate for losing or somehow insult them for running a poor campaign. Since no one seems to be making that claim...my point stands. A reporter should not shy away from asking a political candidate's staffers questions because it might hurt their feelings.

Forum List

Back