Coach Cal goes to UK

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
After over a day of deliberation, John Calipari is headed to Kentucky.

The coach sent a text message to ESPN.com's Andy Katz on Tuesday evening saying, "I am accepting the UK job! Go Big Blue, coach Cal."

Kentucky officials told Katz that Calipari will receive an eight-year contract for $31.65 million plus incentives. Kentucky paid Memphis a $200,000 buyout.

The contract is the richest in college basketball.

"Why did he wait so long?" said former Calipari assistant Bruiser Flint, the head coach at Drexel. "He said he didn't have to take the job. He's 50 years old. He felt good at Memphis. It was a good place for him. But at the end of the day, it's Kentucky."

The school has scheduled a Wednesday news conference at 9:30 a.m. ET on campus to announce its new basketball coach. Sources told ESPN.com's Pat Forde that plans have been made to transport Calipari by private plane to an airport near Lexington.

The Commercial Appeal of Memphis, Tenn., first reported the hiring, and ESPN's Dick Vitale confirmed it.

John Calipari leaving Memphis for Kentucky - ESPN

I bet they are dancing in the streets in East Lansing right now.

There was talk of Izzo going to UK, glad he's staying at MSU.

I hope Cal knows how to play the Kentucky game, meaning kissing a TON of UK Alumni Ass! :lol:

Yeah, but they know how to play ball down there. Cal will turn them around. Hell, it is Kentucky, would anyone else have passed on it?

$KYgirls.jpg

There are three guys. One is from Purdue, one is from Indiana, and one is from Kentucky. The guy from Kentucky gets up and he pisses on his hand. He goes over and wipes it off with a cloth and goes, ‘in Kentucky they teach us to wipe our hands.’ The guy from Purdue goes up and pees all over his hand, then washes his hands in the sink and dries them off. He goes, at Purdue, they teach us how to be clean and neat and wash our hands after we pee.’ The guy from Indiana gets up and goes to pee and doesn’t get any on his hands and he looks at the two guys from Purdue and U.K. and says, ‘at Indiana they teach us not to piss on our hands.’” :lol:

There are three guys. One is from Purdue, one is from Indiana, and one is from Kentucky. The guy from Kentucky gets up and he pisses on his hand. He goes over and wipes it off with a cloth and goes, ‘in Kentucky they teach us to wipe our hands.’ The guy from Purdue goes up and pees all over his hand, then washes his hands in the sink and dries them off. He goes, at Purdue, they teach us how to be clean and neat and wash our hands after we pee.’ The guy from Indiana gets up and goes to pee and doesn’t get any on his hands and he looks at the two guys from Purdue and U.K. and says, ‘at Indiana they teach us not to piss on our hands.’” :lol:

I think I just fell in love with you. :lol:

I thought you already were! :cool:

I thought you already were! :cool:

I forgot to type, "all over again."

Forum List

Back