CO2: the green gas.

Science has long ago determined beyond all reasonable doubt that increased atmospheric CO2 levels seem to actually elevate the growth of green plants and as a consequence,increase the BIODIVERSITY of plant life on the Earth.

Since the survival of human life on this planet is intimately tied to and dependent on plant life it makes perfect sense to promote a greener planet.

So why are all these seemingly suicidal asswipes in the Democratic party constantly trying to demonize life-giving CO2?

What do you left wing anti-human scumbags have to say for yourselves?

Speak up!

I guess that's why with higher global temperatures so many places are suffering from drought then.....

There have always been droughts and the always will be droughts in various parts of the world. We had a drought several years ago that lasted several years and the level of the lakes used for drinking water was critically low. For the past few years the reports are a 'full pool' at those same lakes. Droughts come and they go, no big deal.
how can that be if CO2 causes droughts? I mean how did it recover at the same time CO2 was still increasing? hmmmmmm, me thinks the left are looney.

I didn't say CO2 causes drought. If you read what I said, I even said CO2 doesn't cause drought.
Sure you did. Do you believe CO2 caused higher temps? If so, you did bubba!

Science has long ago determined beyond all reasonable doubt that increased atmospheric CO2 levels seem to actually elevate the growth of green plants and as a consequence,increase the BIODIVERSITY of plant life on the Earth.

Since the survival of human life on this planet is intimately tied to and dependent on plant life it makes perfect sense to promote a greener planet.

So why are all these seemingly suicidal asswipes in the Democratic party constantly trying to demonize life-giving CO2?

Speak up!

I guess that's why with higher global temperatures so many places are suffering from drought then.....

There have always been droughts and the always will be droughts in various parts of the world. We had a drought several years ago that lasted several years and the level of the lakes used for drinking water was critically low. For the past few years the reports are a 'full pool' at those same lakes. Droughts come and they go, no big deal.
how can that be if CO2 causes droughts? I mean how did it recover at the same time CO2 was still increasing? hmmmmmm, me thinks the left are looney.

I didn't say CO2 causes drought. If you read what I said, I even said CO2 doesn't cause drought.

CO2 does cause higher temperatures. Without Greenhouse Gases like CO2, water vapor, methane etc, there wouldn't be any complex life on this planet, without the Greenhouse effect the planet would be too cold at night to sustain life as we know it.

What is the Temperature on the Moon?

The Moon. It's the same distance from the Sun as the Earth is, yet it has no atmosphere.

"When sunlight hits the moon's surface, the temperature can reach 253 degrees F (123 C). The "dark side of the moon" can have temperatures dipping to minus 243 F (minus 153 C)."

The Earth doesn't go to such extremes because it has an atmosphere, it keeps it warm, but also protects it from extreme heat too.

Speak up!

So all you have are uneducated guesses? What if your uneducated guesses are wrong?
What are you claiming that I "made up". I was simply stating well known facts.

Why doe you suppose we enrich our greenhouses with CO2? To stop green tings from growing?

CO2 is the green gas.

So, you say I have uneducated guesses, which I guess have a massively higher chance of being right than you're completely made up stuff which fits your fantasy view of the world.

Oh, why do I bother with you? I just remembered who you are. You're just taking the piss.

Now the OP is about as dumb as it gets. An excellent demonstration of willful ignorance, and pride in the same. Yes, were we to spread the change we have made in the levels of CO2 in the atmosphere over a period of 20,000 years, it would not be a problem. But we have done in 150 years the amount that changed us from continental glaciers to a warm interglacial period, that is a rate of change that is way to fast for the biosphere to adjust to. To fast for agriculture to adjust to as the changes start hitting in full force.

Well said. It's a problem for animals and plants to adapt so quickly.
what a load of bull shit...

The cyclical changes in earths weather patterns are predictable and nothing new. Only you idiot short sighted moron's think the changes we are seeing now are catastrophic because you aint seen it happen before and refuse to remove your short sighted blinders.

When we begin to fall into the next glacial cycle, it too will happen to fast and kill plant life. Will you blame that on humans too?

CO2 does cause higher temperatures. Without Greenhouse Gases like CO2, water vapor, methane etc, there wouldn't be any complex life on this planet, without the Greenhouse effect the planet would be too cold at night to sustain life as we know it.

The Moon. It's the same distance from the Sun as the Earth is, yet it has no atmosphere.

"When sunlight hits the moon's surface, the temperature can reach 253 degrees F (123 C). The "dark side of the moon" can have temperatures dipping to minus 243 F (minus 153 C)."

The Earth doesn't go to such extremes because it has an atmosphere, it keeps it warm, but also protects it from extreme heat too.

The CO2 lie again..

The earths atmosphere and water vapor lay this meme waste by empirical evidence.

and because you believe that, the conclusion can only be reached that you blame CO2 for droughts. See how simple that was for you to admit it?

and because you believe that, the conclusion can only be reached that you blame CO2 for droughts. See how simple that was for you to admit it?

Yeah, sure. I have no doubt that it was very simple for you. I could conclude that you're clearly a potato because you came up with such a simple view. See how simple that was for me?

Yes, it's rather simple to come up with complete crap.

You're taking an extremely complex topic and you're acting like you're trying to teach a 3 year old by leaving out all the difficult stuff.

Seriously, you go around in circles. I made a point ages ago about what the Greenhouse effect is and proof of how it changes things, I've done it with the plants and the moon, and yet I know I'll have to do it again and again because you're not listening, you're not interested in reality or the truth, you're just fucking around trying to piss people off by acting like an idiot to wind people up.

Yeah, sure. I have no doubt that it was very simple for you. I could conclude that you're clearly a potato because you came up with such a simple view. See how simple that was for me?

You're taking an extremely complex topic and you're acting like you're trying to teach a 3 year old by leaving out all the difficult stuff.

Seriously, you go around in circles. I made a point ages ago about what the Greenhouse effect is and proof of how it changes things, I've done it with the plants and the moon, and yet I know I'll have to do it again and again because you're not listening, you're not interested in reality or the truth, you're just fucking around trying to piss people off by acting like an idiot to wind people up.
Well it's what you said, accept it. That has no difficulty factor.

I don't just believe things like you do. I don't make stuff up then decide it's true.

Do you want the truth or not?

I don't just believe things like you do. I don't make stuff up then decide it's true.

dude/dudette, it's what you said. nuff said. I'm not posting it again for you.

Doesn't surprise me... you've never been one for proper debate.

when faced with idiots like you I have no idea how to debate one. I mean, you said something, I quoted what you said, reposted what you said and you still deny you said it. That's idiotic to say the least and it comes from you. Debate like a turd is all you got. so you got nothing. fact remains you claimed CO2 causes drought. let me take a moment here and...............................................:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Wow... very impressive jc. "Debate like a turd". Cut to the QUICK. Whooo!

when faced with idiots like you I have no idea how to debate one. I mean, you said something, I quoted what you said, reposted what you said and you still deny you said it. That's idiotic to say the least and it comes from you. Debate like a turd is all you got. so you got nothing. fact remains you claimed CO2 causes drought. let me take a moment here and...............................................:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Ah, resorting to insults now.

"fact remains", you couldn't give a damn about facts.

Geeezzzz, this lie again!

Climate Change: Plants Choke on too Much Carbon

It looks like even for plants, there can be too much of a good thing. Trees and flowers use carbon dioxide (CO2) to make energy, absorbing the gas to help fuel the process of photosynthesis. For this reason, some experts have theorized that rising carbon levels will eventually promote plant growth. Now, new research claims that this assumption is dead wrong.

That's at least according to a study recently published in the journal Global Change Biology, which details how the plants in a number of very different ecosystems appear to actually suffer from too much atmospheric carbon.

Sample crops, grasslands, and forests all seemed to lose some ability to absorb nutrients when exposed to rising CO2 levels in large-scale field experiments held in eight countries across four continents.

"The findings of the study are unequivocal. The nitrogen content in the crops is reduced in atmospheres with raised carbon dioxide levels in all three ecosystem types," Johan Uddling, a researcher with the University of Gothenburg, said in a statement.

"Furthermore, we can see that this negative effect exists regardless of whether or not the plants' growth increases, and even if fertilizer is added. This is unexpected and new," he added. The study found that both wheat and rice are already suffering from heightening carbon levels

but you've been proven one who doesn't care you stated CO2 causes droughts. :lmao::lmao:

but you've been proven one who doesn't care you stated CO2 causes droughts. :lmao::lmao:

You laugh, and yet I didn't say that.

Funny how you will change things to suit your own needs for entertainment.

You laugh, and yet I didn't say that.

Funny how you will change things to suit your own needs for entertainment.
I haven't varied at all. Oops

jc, do you deny that CO2 absorbs infrared?

image0011.gif

Forum List

Back