CO2 is the Tiger Woods of Climatology

Discussion in 'Environment' started by IanC, Oct 19, 2010.

1. IanC

IanC Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,446
    CO2 was on top of the world. Sponsors were lining up to throw money at it, every theory expected CO2 to win. Spectators were only interested in hearing about what CO2 was doing.

And then climategate came along and blew the whole thing up. Public scrutiny brought out unsavoury details. Public opinion took CO2 off the pedastal and the clay feet cracked.

Now CO2 doesn't win anymore and the rest of the field is taking home the trophies. It may not be as exciting but solar, clouds, physics and oceans are happy to be back at the top of the scoreboard again.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,673
    Boring and silly. It's smacks of desperation that public opinion is supposed to trump science and logic. CO2 is the same today as it was yesterday, a GHG that's risen by a third, since the advent of the Industrial Revolution. Regardless of snarky posts, those facts won't go away.

3. mdn2000

mdn2000 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +278
    In theory it has risen.

No matter, so what, it concentrates in ice, as if attracted to ice, dry ice is pure CO2.

Its clever to state its risen by a third, my money in my hand as risen by double, I now have two cents in my hand.

CO2 rises a third, from literally .000000000000000000000000001 to .0000000000000000000000000013.

Look closely, the last number is just a bit bigger.

Impossible to measure except in theory.

CO2 naturally is found in ice, CO2 likes ice.

Maybe you can answer the question, how do you take an Ice core today when you have told us all the Ice is melted, the Artic is almost gone, no snow has accumulated since global warming started, the caps have melted, there is nothing to take a core from, no ice that formed in the last ten years, unless somehow everything is a lie.

The ice is either melting, in which case there is no new ice formed year after year to take a core sample, or someone lied about the ice melting and you can take a sample.

How come it takes a lot of constant heat to keep a house warm in winter, there is CO2 in the house, more as we exhale, with windows closed it must concentrate, and being that CO2 is so dangerous the house should get real hot and stay hot all winter.

How much CO2 will I exhale as I wait for the answers to these questions.

How about a fireplace, how come that heavy release of CO2 absorb the heat.

4. IanC

IanC Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,446
    CO2 is a player, but your side only bets on CO2. My side has all of the rest of the field.

Most people don't realize how thin and maleable the evidence is. If the spotlight was placed on another aspect of climate, such as solar and ocean currents, all of a sudden people would believe that. Confirmation bias and the need to blame mankind for a disaster they so richly deserve is the reason why CO2 is such a big deal. And the evidence 10 or 15 years ago was very incriminating. Now, not so much.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm not even saying that oceans and solar are the only factors. There are many, lots of known ones and probably more than a few that will be discovered.

Your side has CO2 and computer climate models that are unravelling more everyday. You guys have already lost but it takes time to stop a train or turn a tanker. All the PR in the world won't save you from the mounting evidence that CO2 is just a bit player in the overall picture.

5. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,025
    Enviro Thread of the Century!

6. IanC

IanC Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,446
    After Tiger's accident, the powers that be tried to cover things up and even the police only charged him with a misdemeanor driving offence even though he should have been tested and charged with felony DUI.

After climategate, the powers that be tried to cover things up and even the inquiries only found the scientists of misdemeanor impediment and poor methodology rather than felony fraud, tampering with FOI, and conspiracy to subvert the peer review process.

7. BlindBoo

BlindBoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,394
    Climategate? Another Scam brought to you by the Faux News Team.

t r u t h o u t | The Fox Cycle: From Bogus Right-Wing Attack to Mainstream News

8. westwall

westwall USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,726

:lol::lol::lol: If we're so desperate why are you guys getting shellacked every day!:lol::lol:

9. westwall

westwall USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,726

Look up the term truthiness. It was coined by Stephen Colbert and fits your link to a T. Come to think of it this looks like a truthiness clone!

10. BlindBoo

BlindBoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,394
    While you're at it check out the lethal properties of Dihydrogen Monoxide. I understand that it is a pre-cursor to any nuclear Bomb building. Saddam had an unbelievable stockplie of the stuff......

Facts About Dihydrogen Monoxide

Hey if you breath out CO2 and CO2 like is Dry Ice. Do you exhale dry Ice? Doesn't that cause a problem for your teeth? Must hurt alot when you have a cavity huh?