CO2 is the Tiger Woods of Climatology

IanC

Gold Member
Sep 22, 2009
CO2 was on top of the world. Sponsors were lining up to throw money at it, every theory expected CO2 to win. Spectators were only interested in hearing about what CO2 was doing.

And then climategate came along and blew the whole thing up. Public scrutiny brought out unsavoury details. Public opinion took CO2 off the pedastal and the clay feet cracked.

Now CO2 doesn't win anymore and the rest of the field is taking home the trophies. It may not be as exciting but solar, clouds, physics and oceans are happy to be back at the top of the scoreboard again.

Boring and silly. It's smacks of desperation that public opinion is supposed to trump science and logic. CO2 is the same today as it was yesterday, a GHG that's risen by a third, since the advent of the Industrial Revolution. Regardless of snarky posts, those facts won't go away.

Boring and silly. It's smacks of desperation that public opinion is supposed to trump science and logic. CO2 is the same today as it was yesterday, a GHG that's risen by a third, since the advent of the Industrial Revolution. Regardless of snarky posts, those facts won't go away.

In theory it has risen.

No matter, so what, it concentrates in ice, as if attracted to ice, dry ice is pure CO2.

Its clever to state its risen by a third, my money in my hand as risen by double, I now have two cents in my hand.

CO2 rises a third, from literally .000000000000000000000000001 to .0000000000000000000000000013.

Look closely, the last number is just a bit bigger.

Impossible to measure except in theory.

CO2 naturally is found in ice, CO2 likes ice.

Maybe you can answer the question, how do you take an Ice core today when you have told us all the Ice is melted, the Artic is almost gone, no snow has accumulated since global warming started, the caps have melted, there is nothing to take a core from, no ice that formed in the last ten years, unless somehow everything is a lie.

The ice is either melting, in which case there is no new ice formed year after year to take a core sample, or someone lied about the ice melting and you can take a sample.

How come it takes a lot of constant heat to keep a house warm in winter, there is CO2 in the house, more as we exhale, with windows closed it must concentrate, and being that CO2 is so dangerous the house should get real hot and stay hot all winter.

How much CO2 will I exhale as I wait for the answers to these questions.

How about a fireplace, how come that heavy release of CO2 absorb the heat.

CO2 is a player, but your side only bets on CO2. My side has all of the rest of the field.

Most people don't realize how thin and maleable the evidence is. If the spotlight was placed on another aspect of climate, such as solar and ocean currents, all of a sudden people would believe that. Confirmation bias and the need to blame mankind for a disaster they so richly deserve is the reason why CO2 is such a big deal. And the evidence 10 or 15 years ago was very incriminating. Now, not so much.

JD%20annual%20mean%20AMO%20PDO.gif

JD%20annual%20mean%20vs%20us%20annual%20mean.gif

I'm not even saying that oceans and solar are the only factors. There are many, lots of known ones and probably more than a few that will be discovered.

Your side has CO2 and computer climate models that are unravelling more everyday. You guys have already lost but it takes time to stop a train or turn a tanker. All the PR in the world won't save you from the mounting evidence that CO2 is just a bit player in the overall picture.

After Tiger's accident, the powers that be tried to cover things up and even the police only charged him with a misdemeanor driving offence even though he should have been tested and charged with felony DUI.

After climategate, the powers that be tried to cover things up and even the inquiries only found the scientists of misdemeanor impediment and poor methodology rather than felony fraud, tampering with FOI, and conspiracy to subvert the peer review process.

CO2 was on top of the world. Sponsors were lining up to throw money at it, every theory expected CO2 to win. Spectators were only interested in hearing about what CO2 was doing.

And then climategate came along and blew the whole thing up. Public scrutiny brought out unsavoury details. Public opinion took CO2 off the pedastal and the clay feet cracked.

Now CO2 doesn't win anymore and the rest of the field is taking home the trophies. It may not be as exciting but solar, clouds, physics and oceans are happy to be back at the top of the scoreboard again.

Climategate? Another Scam brought to you by the Faux News Team.

t r u t h o u t | The Fox Cycle: From Bogus Right-Wing Attack to Mainstream News

:lol::lol::lol: If we're so desperate why are you guys getting shellacked every day!:lol::lol:

t r u t h o u t | The Fox Cycle: From Bogus Right-Wing Attack to Mainstream News

Look up the term truthiness. It was coined by Stephen Colbert and fits your link to a T. Come to think of it this looks like a truthiness clone!

In theory it has risen.

No matter, so what, it concentrates in ice, as if attracted to ice, dry ice is pure CO2.

Its clever to state its risen by a third, my money in my hand as risen by double, I now have two cents in my hand.

CO2 rises a third, from literally .000000000000000000000000001 to .0000000000000000000000000013.

Maybe you can answer the question, how do you take an Ice core today when you have told us all the Ice is melted, the Artic is almost gone, no snow has accumulated since global warming started, the caps have melted, there is nothing to take a core from, no ice that formed in the last ten years, unless somehow everything is a lie.

The ice is either melting, in which case there is no new ice formed year after year to take a core sample, or someone lied about the ice melting and you can take a sample.

How come it takes a lot of constant heat to keep a house warm in winter, there is CO2 in the house, more as we exhale, with windows closed it must concentrate, and being that CO2 is so dangerous the house should get real hot and stay hot all winter.

While you're at it check out the lethal properties of Dihydrogen Monoxide. I understand that it is a pre-cursor to any nuclear Bomb building. Saddam had an unbelievable stockplie of the stuff......

Facts About Dihydrogen Monoxide

Hey if you breath out CO2 and CO2 like is Dry Ice. Do you exhale dry Ice? Doesn't that cause a problem for your teeth? Must hurt alot when you have a cavity huh?

Look up the term truthiness. It was coined by Stephen Colbert and fits your link to a T. Come to think of it this looks like a truthiness clone!

Hahaha didn't read it did you?

In theory it has risen.

While you're at it check out the lethal properties of Dihydrogen Monoxide. I understand that it is a pre-cursor to any nuclear Bomb building. Saddam had an unbelievable stockplie of the stuff......

Hey if you breath out CO2 and CO2 like is Dry Ice. Do you exhale dry Ice? Doesn't that cause a problem for your teeth? Must hurt alot when you have a cavity huh?

CO2 in not like dry ice, dry ice is CO2,

You want to smell my breath?

Actually yes I did, right down to the bottom of the Climategate posts. Then I stopped.

Manmade CO2 Catastrophe? Another Scam brought to you by the freaks from the United Nations Global management group (remember when they put Libya in charge of the Human Rights Commission?)

Actually yes I did, right down to the bottom of the Climategate posts. Then I stopped.

On July 7, the Associated Press reported that an "independent British report into the leak of hundreds of e-mails from one of the world's leading climate research centers has largely vindicated the scientists involved, a finding many in the field hope will calm the global uproar dubbed 'Climategate.' " According to the AP:

The inquiry by former U.K. civil servant Muir Russell into the scandal at the University of East Anglia's Climatic Research Unit found there was no evidence of dishonesty or corruption in the more than 1,000 e-mails stolen and posted to the Internet late last year. But he did chide the scientists involved for failing to share their data with critics.
"We find that their rigor and honesty as scientists are not in doubt," Russell said. "But we do find that there has been a consistent pattern of failing to display the proper degree of openness."

Russell's inquiry into the scandal is the third major investigation into the theft and dissemination of the e-mails, which caused a sensation when they were published online in November, right before the U.N. climate change conference at Copenhagen.

On July 7, the Associated Press reported that an "independent British report into the leak of hundreds of e-mails from one of the world's leading climate research centers has largely vindicated the scientists involved, a finding many in the field hope will calm the global uproar dubbed 'Climategate.' " According to the AP:

The inquiry by former U.K. civil servant Muir Russell into the scandal at the University of East Anglia's Climatic Research Unit found there was no evidence of dishonesty or corruption in the more than 1,000 e-mails stolen and posted to the Internet late last year. But he did chide the scientists involved for failing to share their data with critics.
"We find that their rigor and honesty as scientists are not in doubt," Russell said. "But we do find that there has been a consistent pattern of failing to display the proper degree of openness."

Russell's inquiry into the scandal is the third major investigation into the theft and dissemination of the e-mails, which caused a sensation when they were published online in November, right before the U.N. climate change conference at Copenhagen.

obviously you have not actually looked into climategate past the headlines. the inquiries have not investigated the emails at all. the universities and scientists involved asked themselves if they were guilty and they unremarkably found themselves 'unguilty'.

I suggest you read some other sources. The Muir Russell investigation was a farce. They asked the defendants to present picked representaions of their papers and did not look at the science, did not have any sceptics as part of the panel and in fact the investigators themselves are heavily invested in the "Green" program.

It's kind of like asking a murderer to prosecute himself, he gets to choose the evidence and he gets to be the judge as well.

If that is what you call a legitimate inquiry then I have a real nice bridge to sell you.

I suggest you read some other sources. The Muir Russell investigation was a farce. They asked the defendants to present picked representaions of their papers and did not look at the science, did not have any sceptics as part of the panel and in fact the investigators themselves are heavily invested in the "Green" program.

It's kind of like asking a murderer to prosecute himself, he gets to choose the evidence and he gets to be the judge as well.

If that is what you call a legitimate inquiry then I have a real nice bridge to sell you.

In September, the british govt started yet another inquiry into why the previous inquiries did not complete their stated mandates. Lord Oxburgh looked especially foolish trying to explain his slipshod investigation. There has been no conclusion yet.

In September, the british govt started yet another inquiry into why the previous inquiries did not complete their stated mandates. Lord Oxburgh looked especially foolish trying to explain his slipshod investigation. There has been no conclusion yet.

Yes, I especially like how he tried to explain that they had spent two weeks on the report yet the documents showed they spent three days. Made him look like a total jackass.

In theory it has risen.

CO2 in not like dry ice, dry ice is CO2,

You want to smell my breath?

Dry Ice is a manufactored product. It is CO2 below -109 F. So do you exhale Dry Ice?

Forum List

Back