CNN's Carol Costello's racist and ageist and sexist interviewing style

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
Carol Christie's (inferred) question for the PBS CEO:

There was criticism when Jim Lehrer was initially named to be a moderator. People said: ‘oh, another white guy; he’s too old to be doing this; we live in a new world — we don’t need an old-fashioned journalist doing these things any longer.

carol+costello.jpg

And to add insult to injury; she had the audacity to insult Lehr for still being a real journalist__

http://washingtonexaminer.com/pbs-c...ebate-moderating/article/2509962#.UG8aNUbCz8A

Costello, Ashleigh Banfield, and Soledad O'Brien is CNNs' usual weekday morning line-up when viewed from the West Coast.
This above line-up is the equivilent of watching MSLSD.
Especially Costello, as she is almost in a tie with Obama in the smugness and arrogance department. Obie still has the corner on that, tho'.

I have to be honest. I only very occasionally tune into CNN. And even then; it's Piers Morgan or Anderson Cooper; people with at least some amount of personality and/or intelligence.

In the past, CNN generally report such sanitized news in such boorish styles; that I don't even know if people would notice if they blurred out their faces.

I kinda knew they were more overltly shifting left when they hired that disgrace, Spitzer; but I still haven't really tuned in to watch the bias like I do with MSNBC more often.

However, when I came across this article; I was just like ___ Wow! This is freaking disgraceful!

The fact that CNN would allow their reporters to slander a great broadcaster and moderator like Jim Lehr is freaking terrible.

I have to be honest. I only very occasionally tune into CNN. And even then; it's Piers Morgan or Anderson Cooper; people with at least some amount of personality and/or intelligence.

In the past, CNN generally report such sanitized news in such boorish styles; that I don't even know if people would notice if they blurred out their faces.

I kinda knew they were more overltly shifting left when they hired that disgrace, Spitzer; but I still haven't really tuned in to watch the bias like I do with MSNBC more often.

However, when I came across this article; I was just like ___ Wow! This is freaking disgraceful!

The fact that CNN would allow their reporters to slander a great broadcaster and moderator like Jim Lehr is freaking terrible.

I'm retired.
I channel surf in the morning with my coffee.
Trust me. CNN currently has big-time left media bias in the A.M..

When your ratings are even worse than MSNBCs you can either pivot to serious journalism or go stupid. Don't know what the suits there can possibly be thinking, but maybe they'll get it right at their next gigs.

When your ratings are even worse than MSNBCs you can either pivot to serious journalism or go stupid. Don't know what the suits there can possibly be thinking, but maybe they'll get it right at their next gigs.

They went away from real journalism to a significant degree. I was watching a panel analyze a debate and they had people that were dumber than dirt making flat out offensive points that belied the seriousness of the event. They clearly have executives who are asleep at the wheel. If their ratings continually suck then you have to change management. That's just not been happening apparently.

Her shortcomings aside, I can think of a few things of a sexual nature that might be fun with her.

Which no doubt has a great deal to do with why she was hired. From right to left the media is becoming polluted with pretty women - and men - that don't know shit from their own left ears when it comes to reporting. These days it's more important to be eye candy than to have skills.

Her shortcomings aside, I can think of a few things of a sexual nature that might be fun with her.

Which no doubt has a great deal to do with why she was hired. From right to left the media is becoming polluted with pretty women - and men - that don't know shit from their own left ears when it comes to reporting. These days it's more important to be eye candy than to have skills.

Particularly women. It's becoming harder and harder for an uggo to penetrate the scene. Some of that is to be expected b/c like it or not the media is selling a brand. But, it is amazing how more and more air headed plastic bimbos are saturating the markets.

If a man were to say that about a woman he'd be fired.

Television, especially news, has become a joke. I don't care about it nor watch it.

I think she's a transgendered. That's why they let her say it.

:)

Forum List

Back