CNN wants this summit to fail so badly

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
I have had CNN on all evening and it has been nothing but negative, negative, negative, regarding this summit, not to mention I’ve spent the last half hour listening about the food Kim Jong Un ate for dinner.

I have had CNN on all evening and it has been nothing but negative, negative, negative, regarding this summit, not to mention I’ve spent the last half hour listening about the food Kim Jong Un ate for dinner.

What's positive?

Let's sum it up.

1) The US will not accept a peace treaty unless North Korea gets rid of all its nukes.

2) North Korea will not get rid of all its nukes, see Libya and Iraq for evidence of why.

3) China will not accept a peace treaty unless the US removes all its troops from South Korea.

4) The US will not remove all its troops from South Korea.

5) Kim wants to be a major player, he wants to be taken seriously, he's just done what his father and grandfather couldn't do, meet a US president. He's already won.

So, what makes you think this can work, exactly?

Of course they do. The political class wants trump to fail because if he doesn't it will make them all look like morons. Which, for the most part, they are.

CNN's target demographic would have a collective aneurysm if Trump were to actually get credit for doing anything right.

It's funny to compare the coverage of this historic summit to Nixon's 1972 visit to China where the media where ecstatic over the idea of US-Sino detente.

Democrats will just announce that the summit failed and Kim made Trump look like a fool. You know, what democrats always do.

You must be a glutton for punishment.......... Might as well involve April....... :eusa_whistle:

Since I'm not going to watch CNN to find out I'll subscribe to this thread instead. You folks who watch it keep me informed.

What's positive?

Let's sum it up.

1) The US will not accept a peace treaty unless North Korea gets rid of all its nukes.

2) North Korea will not get rid of all its nukes, see Libya and Iraq for evidence of why.

3) China will not accept a peace treaty unless the US removes all its troops from South Korea.

5) Kim wants to be a major player, he wants to be taken seriously, he's just done what his father and grandfather couldn't do, meet a US president. He's already won.

Correct.

Absent consensus as to what constitutes ‘success,’ the notion of ‘failure’ is ridiculous.

The ‘summit’ will be a success for Kim, who will have elevated himself to the level of an American president, at the expense of Trump.

What's positive?

Let's sum it up.

Correct.

Absent consensus as to what constitutes ‘success,’ the notion of ‘failure’ is ridiculous.

The ‘summit’ will be a success for Kim, who will have elevated himself to the level of an American president, at the expense of Trump.

A laughable assertion. Kim has nukes, that makes him more powerful than 90% of the worlds leaders. Add to that the fact that he's a psychopath and he's a true worldwide threat. Trump realizes that flattering a psychopath, who then turns his nukes over to a neutral power is a SMART thing to do. You clowns ignore the forest for the trees.

What's positive?

Let's sum it up.

Correct.

What did it cost Trump?

What's positive?

Let's sum it up.

Correct.

What will success be for Trump?

Right now the chances of him going home with anything is minimal.

What's positive?

Let's sum it up.

Correct.

How about NK agreeing to complete denuclearization.'
You kinda missed that part.

What's positive?

Let's sum it up.

Correct.

Is it going to happen?

Another thread is that NK will denuclearize if the US can GUARANTEE THEIR SAFETY. The US can do that.

A new president every 8 years at most, new foreign policy every eight years AT MOST says NO, the US can't guarantee ANYONE'S safety.

What's positive?

Let's sum it up.

Correct.

Is it going to happen?

Another thread is that NK will denuclearize if the US can GUARANTEE THEIR SAFETY. The US can do that.

A new president every 8 years at most, new foreign policy every eight years AT MOST says NO, the US can't guarantee ANYONE'S safety.
Words on a paper.
We aren't going to replace regimes, even after an election, unless they give us a "new" reason to do so. Iran is begging us to do so. Flipping their nose at us. Building their nukes. We are going to be too busy to care about a petty dictator in the middle of no where with no nukes.

There was a pretty good speech and Q&A with Trump very early this morning. It was pretty good. And it was amazing how much more professional and respectful the media was to the President over there than the peckerheads we have on tv over here.

They were speechless after the thing was over. Couldn't find a darn thing of any relevance to complain about. Theylooked dumbfounded and upset. lol.

I'm not really a fan of Trump, but he did very good this morning with it.

Forum List

Back