CNN: Some bases in Iraq "luxurious" for soldiers

CaféAuLait;5507405 said:
CaféAuLait;5507367 said:
If they are in a combat zone they are in danger.

Everyone is in danger all the time.

What is your point?

What's yours?

I am in as much danger walking down the street as a soldier driving a road with IED's and snipers?
Depends on which street you're on. I can name a few places in Mexico you could try out.

CaféAuLait;5507405 said:

What is your point?

What's yours?

I am in as much danger walking down the street as a soldier driving a road with IED's and snipers?
Depends on which street you're on. I can name a few places in Mexico you could try out.

We are not speaking about Mexico we are speaking about American soldiers being paid combat pay and who is in more danger, an American walking down the street is not in the same danger as a soldier walking down a road in Iraq.

CaféAuLait;5507332 said:
I think many in the military know the difference between being in combat and being in danger.

If you are in combat you are in danger.

So if you are in danger are you in combat?

You're kidding me, right?

Syllogistic logic consists of a major premise, a minor premise and a conclusion. For example:

Major premise: All dogs have four legs.
Minor premise: Fluffy is a dog.
Conclusion: Therefore, Fluffy has four legs.

Given that the major and minor premises are true, the conclusion must also be true. The key is to be able to properly relate the major and minor premises. In order for this form of logic to work, the minor premise must be a proper subset of the major. In the instant case, the minor premise must refer to a dog so that the conditions which includes all dogs (four legs) would apply.

Someone untrained in logic, as you apparently are, might make the following mistake by improperly relating the major and minor premises:

Major premise: All dogs have four legs.
Minor premise: Bambi has four legs.
Conclusion: Therefore, Bambi is a dog (wrong, Bambi is a fucking deer).

The above example is no more foolish than your proposal that all dangerous things must be combat since all combat is dangerous. Here is your defective thought pattern:

Major premise: All combat is dangerous
Minor premise: Skiing is dangerous.
Conclusion: Therefore, skiing is combat (sure, just like Bambi is a dog).

Just because all Catholics pray does not mean that all people who pray are Catholics.

Just because all chicken tastes good does not mean that everything that tastes good is chicken.

Just because all wild bears shit in the woods does not mean that everything that shits in the woods is a wild bear.

Just because all dogs have four legs does not mean that Bambi is a dog.

Stupid, stupid stupid!!!! Thank a public school teacher.

The troops currently in Iraq are under the office of OSC-I which is under the direction of the US Embassy, so they are part of the Embassy staff.

If CNN thinks the troops should get less "luxury" over there serving under OSC-I, then they'd better be stating the same for their State Department buddies that are typically left-wing scum like them.

The troops currently in Iraq are under the office of OSC-I which is under the direction of the US Embassy, so they are part of the Embassy staff.

If CNN thinks the troops should get less "luxury" over there serving under OSC-I, then they'd better be stating the same for their State Department buddies that are typically left-wing scum like them.

Fucking liberals with linguistics degrees. I fucking HATE those scumbags.

BTW, their State Department buddies get combat pay for hanging out in embassies?

CaféAuLait;5507580 said:
CaféAuLait;5507405 said:
What is your point?

What's yours?

We are not speaking about Mexico we are speaking about American soldiers being paid combat pay and who is in more danger, an American walking down the street is not in the same danger as a soldier walking down a road in Iraq.

He is if the street he is walking down is in Mexico.

But I get it - we're not speaking about facts which contradict your statements. They're just not allowed.

CaféAuLait;5507580 said:
What's yours?

But I get it - we're not speaking about facts which contradict your statements. They're just not allowed.

What, pray tell, does that have to do with Obama asking for a review of their combat pay and CNN calling a military FOB in Iraq "luxurious"?

CaféAuLait;5507972 said:
CaféAuLait;5507580 said:

What, pray tell, does that have to do with Obama asking for a review of their combat pay and CNN calling a military FOB in Iraq "luxurious"?

I dunno. Its only a direct reply to YOUR STATEMENT:

YOU: an American walking down the street is not in the same danger as a soldier walking down a road in Iraq.
ME: Not if the street is in Mexico.

My Lord can you really be this stupid?

I'm sure DoS people working in combat zones get the same benefits.

What does OSC-I stand for.....since you think you're intelligent. Hint....I know a bit more abour Iraq, CENTCOM, etc than your dumbass.

Fucking liberals with linguistics degrees. I fucking HATE those scumbags.

BTW, their State Department buddies get combat pay for hanging out in embassies?

As of December 15, 2011, The U.S. military formally ended its mission in Iraq. At a ceremony in Baghdad, U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta watched as American troops lowered their command's flag, marking an end to the nearly nine-year war that drove out Iraqi ruler Saddam Hussein. So that means the US Ends its' Military Mission in Iraq.
Technically, that should also mean the end of combat pay for the military left there.
If they still receive combat pay than that means the US Military Mission in Iraq is not complete.
Can't have it both ways.

MNF-I stopped and OSC-I began.

Hazardous Duty Pay still applies in Iraq if the are under direct/indirect fire from terrorists, etc while doing their job supporting the Iraqi military.

There are no unclassified "combat operations" in Iraq, but the danger is still there for anyone working out of the US Embassy.

As of December 15, 2011, The U.S. military formally ended its mission in Iraq. At a ceremony in Baghdad, U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta watched as American troops lowered their command's flag, marking an end to the nearly nine-year war that drove out Iraqi ruler Saddam Hussein. So that means the US Ends its' Military Mission in Iraq.
Technically, that should also mean the end of combat pay for the military left there.
If they still receive combat pay than that means the US Military Mission in Iraq is not complete.
Can't have it both ways.

I wonder if some of the streets, say in Chicago, are more dangerous than in Iraq?
Large organizations can never really make things fair, but to not try, makes a joke out of the whole process. At one time the military paid those with combat infantry badges ten dollars more a month, and soon people were stumbling over themselves trying to qualify. In and out of a zone and bingo.

CaféAuLait;5507580 said:
CaféAuLait;5507405 said:
What is your point?

What's yours?

(emphasis added)

CaféAuLait;5507972 said:

YOU: an American walking down the street is not in the same danger as a soldier walking down a road in Iraq.

Are you serious, did you forget the exchange? YOU brought up Mexico. Fer crying out loud! Why is walking down a Mecixan Street relevant to an American's soldiers combat pay?

WOW, LOL

Last edited:
Yeah like I thought, ghetto trash.

Liberal state department scum. Why can't we execute these traitors?
What does OSC-I stand for.....since you think you're intelligent. Hint....I know a bit more abour Iraq, CENTCOM, etc than your dumbass.

ur dum! 'Merica! YEAH YEAH YEAH FUCKING YEAH STUPID HEAD!

CaféAuLait;5508039 said:
CaféAuLait;5507580 said:
What's yours?

CaféAuLait;5507972 said:

Are you serious, did you forget the exchange? YOU brought up Mexico. Fer crying out loud! Why is walking down a Mecixan Street relevant to an American's soldiers combat pay?

WOW, LOL

You are the one who brought up walking down streets as something relevant to American combat pay you moron.

I aint no Ghetto Trash man! I was born white. I hate LIBRULS and I hate COMMIE DARKIES and I hate HUSSEIN OBAMA 'cuz he hate 'Merica!!!!! I hate the STATE DEPARTMENT LIBERAL SCUMS, too, they need to GO!

END taxes!

Otay, buttwheat.:cuckoo:

I aint no Ghetto Trash man! I was born white. I hate LIBRULS and I hate COMMIE DARKIES and I hate HUSSEIN OBAMA 'cuz he hate 'Merica!!!!! I hate the STATE DEPARTMENT LIBERAL SCUMS, too, they need to GO!

END taxes!

I guess when losing an argument, turning on the large font makes you appear smart? LOL

CaféAuLait;5507405 said:
CaféAuLait;5507367 said:
If they are in a combat zone they are in danger.

What is your point? I am in as much danger walking down the street as a soldier driving a road with IED's and snipers?

CaféAuLait;5508039 said:
CaféAuLait;5507580 said:

WOW, LOL

You are the one who brought up walking down streets as something relevant to American combat pay you moron.

You stated that everyone was in danger at all times. I then asked you to clarify such and you started with the Mexican streets. Please, lol.

Forum List

Back