CNN Reports Surge Is Working

I wonder how they quantify that. From what I am reading there are still plenty of people dying every day. But sure, it's working. So what do we do.Constantly keep 500,00o soldiers in the middle east? You can't keep a "SURGE" up forever. Once the Surge stops, the enemies come back. This really is a futile effort. There is more of them then we have troops..Period..we are outnumbered..you can't win against these guys the way we are trying to do it. You actually think we can wipe out an idealogy? A whole way of thinking? Get real.

I wonder how they quantify that. From what I am reading there are still plenty of people dying every day. But sure, it's working. So what do we do.Constantly keep 500,00o soldiers in the middle east? You can't keep a "SURGE" up forever. Once the Surge stops, the enemies come back. This really is a futile effort. There is more of them then we have troops..Period..we are outnumbered..you can't win against these guys the way we are trying to do it. You actually think we can wipe out an idealogy? A whole way of thinking? Get real.

We don't have 500,000 troops in the Middle East, much less Iraq. And I guess you totally failed to grasp the concept that IRAQIS ARE doing whats required in An Bar province, that they turned it around, that if it continues soon enough American troops won't need to do the "heavily" lifting.

The purpose of the Surge is to crush whats there so that the Iraqis can take over. And it appears to be working, though in this particular case it isn't the surge at all, it is the cooperation of Iraqi citizens tired of the "insurgency" and AQ. Which last I checked WAS EXACTLY what it is people like you claim should happen.

NO good news will be "good" to you, Maineman or the other partisan hacks on the left until ONLY Liberals can get the credit. How about actually caring about what needs to happen and fucking forgetting that Bush is President? Tell ya what, HERE I agree Bush screwed up. The Military screwed up. We were not prepared for the time after the Invasion.

None of that matters at ALL. We are 4 years PAST that mattering. All I hear from you and Maineman and the others is, CUT and RUN. Not because it will make things better, but because if we manage to accomplish any goals, BUSH gets credit.

Answer this simple Question.... IS IRAQ in utter total chaos GOOD? And don't preface it with how or why we went or shouldn't have because it DOES NOT matter.

The simple fact is if the democrats had run a Competent person for President in 2004, they would have WON. Bush won because of the choice between him and Kerry. PLAIN and simple, a lot of people voted for Bush because Kerry would have been a DISASTER. The vote for a lot was not FOR Bush, it was AGAINST Kerry.

at least RSR is not trying to convince us that American casualties have decreased by 60% due to the success of the surge.

I am glad that the Iraqis are stepping up. It is about fucking time.

oh...and sarge:

when you said
"NO good news will be "good" to you, Maineman or the other partisan hacks on the left until ONLY Liberals can get the credit. "

that is a slanderous fucking lie, eat shit.

It is only slanderous if I am lying. Since I believe it, it there for is not slander. And since I believe any nonpartisan Jury of my peers that reviewed your posts on this topic would also find it a reasonable assumption, you lose again.

I notice you couldn't even answer my question. You INSIST we must pull out NOW, so..... Either you live in NANA land where if we leave Iraq will remain stable and get better OR you don't give a shit that leaving NOW will result in chaos and loss of control of huge oil reserves to someone that IS our enemy. Be that AQ, Iran or some other group. Which means in a year or two, three at the most, we have to return in force once again. Of course your hoping that then it will be a Liberal in the White House.

it was in the other thread. the one about the poll question from the quinnipiac poll taken on 5/1/07

I addressed the content of this thread..... I only point out that your requests that I do so have been answered here, and every where else...whereas my similar requests have not.

no you didn't...unless you think that when I asked you to reply about the 57% of Americans who agreed with the democrat's plan for funding with deadlines that "all polls are bullshit" suffices for an answer.

no you didn't...unless you think that when I asked you to reply about the 57% of Americans who agreed with the democrat's plan for funding with deadlines that "all polls are bullshit" suffices for an answer.

Ohh I answered in the appropriate thread, this is just YOU trolling, which you like to claim others do. And my answer was more than just "all polls are bullshit" but do feel free to continue lying in this thread, off topic at that.

Ohh I answered in the appropriate thread, this is just YOU trolling, which you like to claim others do. And my answer was more than just "all polls are bullshit" but do feel free to continue lying in this thread, off topic at that.

don't call me a liar...asshole. I don't lie. and I object to your saying otherwise.

New Topics

Forum List

Back