CNN reports: McCain takes hit from bailout collapse

I'm glad it failed and YESD McCain looks like a doofus.

But Obama was absolutely absent. How does he not get caught in the spray?

I'm glad it failed and YESD McCain looks like a doofus.

But Obama was absolutely absent. How does he not get caught in the spray?

Obama misses the "spray" because he didn't put himself front and center and wrap himself up as the savior of this bill. He didn't make grand gestures about riding in and making it work...nor did he or his surrogates get on national television and take credit hours before the bill failed.

Obama misses the "spray" because he didn't put himself front and center and wrap himself up as the savior of this bill. He didn't make grand gestures about riding in and making it work...nor did he or his surrogates get on national television and take credit hours before the bill failed.
And he couldn't even flip 13 dems to save Pelosi's bailout?

Does this mean you're going to vote for him to do nothing?

And John McCain couldn't flip 13 republicans to save Bush's bailout?

Does this mean you're going to vote for him?

Pelosi got 2/3 of the Dems to vote for this, how many votes did John McCain get for what he championed?

Far as I know, ZERO.

you saying it was Pelosi's bailout shows your partisan bias. Obama's party delivered the promised 140 democratic votes... All the Republicans need to do was deliver 78 votes to get a majority...they fell short by 13 votes.

Why is is the Dems responsibility to provide 153 votes when this is supposed to be a BIPARTISAN BILL? bipartisan would indicate EQUAL support from both sides, would it not?

Obama isn't doing nothing... He laid out the principals he thought were important and every one of those ended up in the bill presented for the vote.

Why can't McCain convince even 78 members of his own party to put the country first when that's his tag line for his campaign?

It's the dem's responsibility as the majority party to get a majority vote. Pelosi poisoned the well with her vitriol just moments before the vote - is that leadership? I don't think so. That was completely unnecessary and revealed to the US and the rest of the world what a ridiculous bag of water she is.

After that rant, I am actually pleased with the outcome. :D

It's the dem's responsibility as the majority party to get a majority vote. Pelosi poisoned the well with her vitriol just moments before the vote - is that leadership? I don't think so. That was completely unnecessary and revealed to the US and the rest of the world what a ridiculous bag of water she is.

After that rant, I am actually pleased with the outcome. :D

Pelosi's comments were pretty irresponsible and irrelevant, but I don't think I'd put the Republicans an such a low level that they would vote against something deemed necessary because they got 'offended'. That'd be pretty sad.

I imagine because the OBAMA media networks will not let the American people know the below!

New York Times
Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending
By STEVEN A. HOLMES
Published: September 30, 1999 (exactly 9 years ago to this day)

In a move that could help increase home ownership rates among minorities and low-income consumers, the Fannie Mae Corporation is easing the credit requirements on loans that it will purchase from banks and other lenders.

The action, which will begin as a pilot program involving 24 banks in 15 markets -- including the New York metropolitan region -- will encourage those banks to extend home mortgages to individuals whose credit is generally not good enough to qualify for conventional loans. Fannie Mae officials say they hope to make it a nationwide program by next spring.

Fannie Mae, the nation's biggest underwriter of home mortgages, has been under increasing pressure from the Clinton Administration to expand mortgage loans among low and moderate income people and felt pressure from stock holders to maintain its phenomenal growth in profits.

In addition, banks, thrift institutions and mortgage companies have been pressing Fannie Mae to help them make more loans to so-called subprime borrowers. These borrowers whose incomes, credit ratings and savings are not good enough to qualify for conventional loans, can only get loans from finance companies that charge much higher interest rates -- anywhere from three to four percentage points higher than conventional loans.

Much more to come in the next few days--Americans typically blame whoever is in the oval office to pour the problems on. Americans are outraged over this bail-out, now the truth is coming out. Their first question? How in the hell did this ever happen?

BTW--I just saw a brand new McCain add, regarding Bill Clinton stating that he tried to reign in Fannie & Freddie along with REPUBLICANS. Bill states that DEMOCRATS blocked the efforts. So--I don't think the polls you're talking about are going to last too long. Enjoy it while you can.

Last edited:
you saying it was Pelosi's bailout shows your partisan bias. Obama's party delivered the promised 140 democratic votes... All the Republicans need to do was deliver 78 votes to get a majority...they fell short by 13 votes.

Why is is the Dems responsibility to provide 153 votes when this is supposed to be a BIPARTISAN BILL? bipartisan would indicate EQUAL support from both sides, would it not?

Obama isn't doing nothing... He laid out the principals he thought were important and every one of those ended up in the bill presented for the vote.

Why can't McCain convince even 78 members of his own party to put the country first when that's his tag line for his campaign?

cause he's a maverick, that's what he's been trying to tell ya! :D

Pelosi's comments were pretty irresponsible and irrelevant, but I don't think I'd put the Republicans an such a low level that they would vote against something deemed necessary because they got 'offended'. That'd be pretty sad.

At best they were reluctant aye votes. Put yourself in a similar situation and you were about to cast a vote for a bill like this where you had reservations and you knew that 75% of Americans did not support....then Pelosi speaks. I bet you would change your vote too.

[/B]

cause he's a maverick, that's what he's been trying to tell ya! :D

How do you know that John McCain doesn't agree with this bail-out & is working with conservative house republicans to give us, the taxpayer, a better deal?

BTW--Nancy Pelosi had 96 Democrats vote against the bill--& she couldn't even get 11 of them to change their minds.

New Topics

Forum List

Back