CNN reports FBI investigating Newcorp over 911 allegations

Murcoch's influence in UK will definitely be hurt by this: Case in point:

Hacking scandal casts light on Murdoch's politics - Yahoo! News

Murdoch continued to have relationships with British leaders after Thatcher stepped down. In the 1992 parliamentary elections, when it looked as though Labour Party leader Neil Kinnock might topple Thatcher's successor, John Major, as prime minister, The Sun published a bold front-page headline: "If Kinnock wins today will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights." That headline was credited with helping Major and the Tories to victory.

Murdoch eventually switched his allegiance to Tony Blair, the Labour prime minister from 1997-2007. Blair telephoned Murdoch repeatedly before committing British troops to the Iraq war in 2003, which was strongly endorsed by Murdoch's newspapers across the world.

The UK investigate has only just started. Why should the FBI investigate something for which they have no fucking evidence? I appreciate that News Int have done the 'mea culpa' but they have admitted nothing that affects the US. Only the UK. What exactly are the FBI supposed to 'investigate'.

Me thinks that some people are just praying they can find some tenuous link to Fox News. :lol::lol: Just goes to show that hatred for your opposition surpasses all logic, reason and even respect for the core values of our society.... freedom.

No argument here. Politics often can be cruel, but both sides are guilty. It is not so easy to seperate politics and realistic concerns at time, even for those who consider themselves bipartisan. We will see what happens.

I'll quite happily see Murdoch charged, convicted and serve whatever sentence is appropriate. Just like I would be if he were the head of MSNBC, or any other corporate head.

What I dislike is people repeating speculation as fact. Such as that it was a NotW journalist who called the ex NY Cop. That cop has not - that I can find in any media outlet - said who the journalists (because there was more than one) were or what outlet they worked for.

A few days ago, everyone was certain that The Sun had hacked the phone of ex PM Gordon Brown to get a story about his son's illness. Turned out that was not true and the newspaper who ran that story has apologized and acknowledged it was not factually accurate.

It is wise to be cautious with these stories.... the media often runs with things that they have not confirmed.... and very often, years later, that speculation is assumed to be fact.

Thank you. No one was assaulting your political beliefs. Just saying the man. I am not attached to CBS in any way but if I say they are idiots with that fireworks photoshopping does that help?

Forum List

Back