CNN Reporter Openly Hostile to Tea Party Protestors

This is some of the worst "journalism" I have ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv2jU4HexYo

I did laugh when a guy in the crowd yelled "Shut up!" to the reporter.

Wow! Was that real? I can't believe that a reporter would do that. Who argues with the interviewee on location?

Introduce him, get his comment, go to another on site, do the same. Why could she possibly think that i would care what she thought about this? Amazing. Is this what our jounalism has sunk to?

Address the topic please.

Agreed, Jillian is trying to say a leftwing bigot should be with FOX, perhaps an inadvertent agreement that FOX is less biased, as proven by university studies?

no, dear... go read.

he and i posted at the same time. and i was

ready?

k-i-d-d-i-n-g ... and the implication was clearly that really dumb, biased reporters belong on Fox.

And i believe he was addressing the wingnut.

lose something, kath?

you know, like your sense of humor?

Bad jounalism is bad journalism. I studied this stuff in school and was amazed at the time that our jounalists had risen from a long line of biased, party line promoting rags. Sometime in the early days of reporting as we know it, Ethics took hold and we gained an appreciation for unbiased reporting.

Opinion pieces are different. When Charles Krauthammer puts a piece together, you get to see his rationale and deduction, but you can be assured that the conclusion will be more conservative than less. That's opinion, though, and there is a place for that.

When a reporter starts arguing with the person she selects to give a comment, she shows contempt for the person, ignorance of her trade, impudence of highest order and no respect for the intelligence of her audience. In this particular case, she also showed outright laziness in not having a counterpoint ready to go in a second interview and not having done her homework on the range of issues at point.

This little girl was playing in a grown up world and making an utter ass of herself. That CNN would put her on is an insult to CNN. If CNN does not know that this is unproffesional, they are idiots. If they know and put her on anyway, they are hacks. Either way, it's an embarrasment to anyone who respects the craft of journalism.

Agreed, Jillian is trying to say a leftwing bigot should be with FOX, perhaps an inadvertent agreement that FOX is less biased, as proven by university studies?

no, dear... go read.

he and i posted at the same time. and i was

ready?

k-i-d-d-i-n-g ... and the implication was clearly that really dumb, biased reporters belong on Fox.

And i believe he was addressing the wingnut.

lose something, kath?

you know, like your sense of humor?

Bad jounalism is bad journalism. I studied this stuff in school and was amazed at the time that our jounalists had risen from a long line of biased, party line promoting rags. Sometime in the early days of reporting as we know it, Ethics took hold and we gained an appreciation for unbiased reporting.

Opinion pieces are different. When Charles Krauthammer puts a piece together, you get to see his rationale and deduction, but you can be assured that the conclusion will be more conservative than less. That's opinion, though, and there is a place for that.

When a reporter starts arguing with the person she selects to give a comment, she shows contempt for the person, ignorance of her trade, impudence of highest order and no respect for the intelligence of her audience. In this particular case, she also showed outright laziness in not having a counterpoint ready to go in a second interview and not having done her homework on the range of issues at point.

This little girl was playing in a grown up world and making an utter ass of herself. That CNN would put her on is an insult to CNN. If CNN does not know that this is unproffesional, they are idiots. If they know and put her on anyway, they are hacks. Either way, it's an embarrasment to anyone who respects the craft of journalism.

exactly.

This is some of the worst "journalism" I have ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv2jU4HexYo

I did laugh when a guy in the crowd yelled "Shut up!" to the reporter.

Wow! Was that real? I can't believe that a reporter would do that. Who argues with the interviewee on location?

Introduce him, get his comment, go to another on site, do the same. Why could she possibly think that i would care what she thought about this? Amazing. Is this what our jounalism has sunk to?
Actually it's pretty typical of CNN to impart their own bias into supposed journalism. They usually just aren't that blatant about it.

I have mixed feelings about this, when does the time come when stupid is called stupid. What the man was saying was like he was a recording of simpleminded slogans. He is allowed those slogans but others can counter. Where was he these past eight plus years? And they both argued, no where is it written that an interviewer in a public forum has to listen to loud BS without comment.

While I agree with your comment, Krauthammer is one biased commentator, in this piece he does exactly what he accuses Obama of and yet no seems to see it because he dresses it in flowery words that mean nothing and only point to his partisanship.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsCRsa3Ctzo[/ame]

I have mixed feelings about this, when does the time come when stupid is called stupid. What the man was saying was like he was a recording of simpleminded slogans. He is allowed those slogans but others can counter. Where was he these past eight plus years? And they both argued, no where is it written that an interviewer in a public forum has to listen to loud BS without comment.

bullshit, she walked up to him and her opening salvo was an insult. "I see you are here with your daughter and you are already in debt." (paraphrased" She deserves every bit of the scathing criticism she gets.

what part of bad journalism don't you get?

reporters report, if they were supposed to interact, they'd call them interactors.

what part of bad journalism don't you get?

reporters report, if they were supposed to interact, they'd call them interactors.

When I grow up I want a job as a journalistic interactor. :lol:

Actually she'd belong on MSNBC which long ago threw out any attempt whatever at rational Unbiased journalism.

Much like Fox trying to make a great success out of an event that could not draw a fraction of the attendance of a gay pride parade in a right wing city like Houston.

You got 200k people to show up for what is essentially a big party that has nothing whatever to do with politics and you think this is a fair comparison exactly how?

Oh for peat sake you've got a dozen political activist making speeches that 90% of the crowd couldn't repeat the next day and everyone else is partying down.

In case it has escaped observation, the general discontent that drove the Tea Parties and will probably continue to drive this movement, is a general discontent with government altogether. Political affiliation had nothing to do with it. I was directly involved in the Chicago event. Fox had nothing to do with it.

Gay pride is decades old the the entire reason it was invented is to show the community the numbers of people who amke up the gay community.

It all started with dressup so the people could diguise their identities to keep from being attacked or fired after the event.

YOu really dont understand that gay people still get killed in some communities?

Gay pride is decades old the the entire reason it was invented is to show the community the numbers of people who amke up the gay community.

It all started with dressup so the people could diguise their identities to keep from being attacked or fired after the event.

YOu really dont understand that gay people still get killed in some communities?

Are you claiming that the folks at a tea party killed gays? Sort of like you claimed they killed two policemen? Sort of like you tried to blame the right for killing police because of a deranged individual? Specifically your kind of 'truth.'

Forum List

Back