CNN reporter mocks Mitch McConnell for needing help with stairs, not realizing he survived polio

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I wonder if she shared a similar comment when Hillary collapsed or her more recent injury which conveniently keeps her out of the British media spotlight.

CNN reporter mocks Mitch McConnell for needing help with stairs, not realizing he survived polio

CNN political reporter Daniella Diaz sent a tweet on Monday pointing out that President Trump and Sen. Mitch McConnell locked hands while walking up stairs at the White House following their Rose Garden press conference. Diaz seemed to be mocking the Republican duo – but while followers quickly pointed out that the Kentucky senator is a polio survivor, the tweet remains on her feed nearly 24 hours later.

“That hand-lock between Trump and McConnell, though,” Diaz wrote with video of the incident.

A CNN colleague called out Diaz, quoting her tweet and explaining the situation. At the time this article was published, Diaz had not deleted the tweet. Daily Beast Senior Editor Andrew Kirell also asked what was going on in a since-deleted response.

“McConnell is a polio survivor, a reason why stairs can be tricky at times,” CNN's Senior Congressional Correspondent Manu Raju wrote. “McConnell often goes up a step at a time, sometimes needs railing for assistance. This time, used Trump for balance.”

Many users commented on Diaz’s tweet, saying it needs to be removed and criticizing the CNN reporter for the message. “You're making fun of the President of the United States helping a polio survivor that stumbled. Stay classy CNN, stay classy,” one user responded.

Back in 1990, McConnell explained his medical situation in a campaign ad when running for re-election in Kentucky.

“When I was a child and my dad was in World War II, I got polio. I recovered, but my family almost went broke,” McConnell explained.

Before the polio vaccine was introduced in 1955, tens of thousands of American children developed paralytic polio every year, according to WebMD. Post-polio syndrome affects some people who had the condition, and symptoms include extreme fatigue, joint pain and progressive weakness in muscles.

“So very cheap and sleazy journalism -- if it even could be called journalism just a hate post,” one user wrote, while another said, “He had polio. Read a bio first if you're going to report on people. It's been known since he went to Congress.”

Another commenter schooled Diaz, “You are probably too young to realize that people used to get polio in this country. Childhood polio isn't funny.”

CNN did not respond to Fox News’ request for comment.

I hate those who mock the handicapped

LeafyBitesizedCopperhead-small.gif

That CNN reporter will definitely NOT get my vote

Wait, after yesterday you guys suddenly care about McConnell? You guys flip more than a Chinese gymnast.
Not to mention they spent the last year znd a half mocking Clinton. Now suddenly outrage?

I wonder if she shared a similar comment when Hillary collapsed or her more recent injury which conveniently keeps her out of the British media spotlight.

CNN political reporter Daniella Diaz sent a tweet on Monday pointing out that President Trump and Sen. Mitch McConnell locked hands while walking up stairs at the White House following their Rose Garden press conference. Diaz seemed to be mocking the Republican duo – but while followers quickly pointed out that the Kentucky senator is a polio survivor, the tweet remains on her feed nearly 24 hours later.

“That hand-lock between Trump and McConnell, though,” Diaz wrote with video of the incident.

A CNN colleague called out Diaz, quoting her tweet and explaining the situation. At the time this article was published, Diaz had not deleted the tweet. Daily Beast Senior Editor Andrew Kirell also asked what was going on in a since-deleted response.

“McConnell is a polio survivor, a reason why stairs can be tricky at times,” CNN's Senior Congressional Correspondent Manu Raju wrote. “McConnell often goes up a step at a time, sometimes needs railing for assistance. This time, used Trump for balance.”

Many users commented on Diaz’s tweet, saying it needs to be removed and criticizing the CNN reporter for the message. “You're making fun of the President of the United States helping a polio survivor that stumbled. Stay classy CNN, stay classy,” one user responded.

Back in 1990, McConnell explained his medical situation in a campaign ad when running for re-election in Kentucky.

“When I was a child and my dad was in World War II, I got polio. I recovered, but my family almost went broke,” McConnell explained.

Before the polio vaccine was introduced in 1955, tens of thousands of American children developed paralytic polio every year, according to WebMD. Post-polio syndrome affects some people who had the condition, and symptoms include extreme fatigue, joint pain and progressive weakness in muscles.

“So very cheap and sleazy journalism -- if it even could be called journalism just a hate post,” one user wrote, while another said, “He had polio. Read a bio first if you're going to report on people. It's been known since he went to Congress.”

Another commenter schooled Diaz, “You are probably too young to realize that people used to get polio in this country. Childhood polio isn't funny.”

CNN did not respond to Fox News’ request for comment.

awwwww.... poor baby... I love the faux rage.....but I seem to recall all of you trumpnuts making lots of comments about Hillary Clinton when she got pneumonia.

As for McConnell... the loser only survived polio because of government programs that he would deny to everyone now. Screw him.

No, that is well known trumpism for him mocking HIM. This has been known for a very long time. And comedians have been doing a similar schtick for a very, very long time.

Oh that lie was so busted so long ago and you are still trying to pawn that one off?

:lmao:

it was never "busted", you drug addled loon. it is on film, moron.

As is the fact that he is mocking himself. Why do you lie about this very simple, verifiable fact?

you are the one lying. one has to wonder why you would do that.

Donald has never mocked himself in his life... it isn't in him.

that reminds me of an old willie nelson story... the punchline of which is

"what are you going to believe, what I tell you or your lying eyes"

hint: not what you tell me since it is contra to reality.

I agree CNN mocking Trump was as bad as far right media mocking Clinton.

Stupid shits on both sides.

Oh that lie was so busted so long ago and you are still trying to pawn that one off?

As is the fact that he is mocking himself. Why do you lie about this very simple, verifiable fact?

Here you go, a compilation of him doing the EXACT. SAME. THING. Way back in 2015 for MANY different subjects. So yes, you are the one who is lying.

Here you go, a compilation of him doing the EXACT. SAME. THING. Way back in 2015 for MANY different subjects. So yes, you are the one who is lying.

I don't need to see your version of "media" that you got from youtube... I saw it live when the loser did it.

thanks anyway.... but I don't deal with revisionist history. *shrug*

No, actually it was never busted

Oh yes it was. Trump used the same assinine moves mocking a General and Ted Cruz. You need to stop lying. Look what you even put up. It's been altered to run faster. Catholics 4 Trump found all sorts of videos of Trump making this idiotic movement.

Oh and Kovaleski doesn't move that way.

Fake News: Trump Did Not Mock Disabled Reporter And Other Lies From The Left

"The incident in question is Trump supposedly mocking New York Times reporter Serge Kovaleski, whose hand and arm movement on his right side is impaired due to arthrogryposis. Video from 2015 seems to indicate that Trump was indeed cruelly imitating the man.

But the media are too lazy and those suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome are too nasty and small-minded to look deeper. The truth is, Trump has often used those same convulsive gestures to mimic the mannerisms of people, including himself, who are rattled and exasperated.

Why couldn't the mainstream media look this up? Gavin McInnes of TheRebelMedia.com and Taki's Magazine did, and he has the video evidence to show that Trump has a history of flailing his arms to make a point. It isn't something he reserved for Kovaleski.

McInnes wasn't alone — Catholics 4 Trump ably made the same case. So have others. If these people could do the research, why couldn't the legacy media, with all its resources, do the same?

And here's another point: Why have we seen no images of Kovaleski moving the way Trump is moving? In every video and photograph of Kovaleski we've seen, he is calmly standing still with his right arm held firm against his chest. He's not waving his arms uncontrollably."

Fake News: Trump Did Not Mock Disabled Reporter And Other Lies From The Left

I don't need to see your version of "media" that you got from youtube... I saw it live when the loser did it.

thanks anyway.... but I don't deal with revisionist history. *shrug*

An unwillingness to actually look at verifiable, factual evidence says to me, that you are more interested in maintaining a lie, than in actually learning the truth. And that is sad.

Aha my fave USMB douchebag! It was busted big time. You liars are persistent though. There are multiple videos of Trump doing the exact same move. Of course not at the same speed as the altered video you mongrels keep putting up.

New Topics

Forum List

Back