CNN ratings plummet to lowest primetime viewership in almost three years

CNN's 24/7 Trump-bashing strategy doesn't seem to be working.
The beleaguered network's primetime hosts Anderson Cooper, Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon celebrated Thanksgiving with the network’s lowest-rated week in primetime viewership in nearly three years.

Fox News averaged 2.2 million viewers during the primetime hours of 9-11 p.m. ET from Nov. 25 through Dec. 1, while MSNBC averaged 1.3 million viewers during the same time period and CNN managed only 643,000 average viewers. It was CNN’s worst performance in nearly three years and the liberal network’s worst turnout among the key demographic of adults age 25-54 in over five yea
rs.

ME: People see the lies and hate that CNN offers up.
Lately I refer to "Media Bias Fact Check" rather than watching any of the propaganda news networks.

The beleaguered network's primetime hosts Anderson Cooper, Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon celebrated Thanksgiving with the network’s lowest-rated week in primetime viewership in nearly three years.

Fox News averaged 2.2 million viewers during the primetime hours of 9-11 p.m. ET from Nov. 25 through Dec. 1, while MSNBC averaged 1.3 million viewers during the same time period and CNN managed only 643,000 average viewers. It was CNN’s worst performance in nearly three years and the liberal network’s worst turnout among the key demographic of adults age 25-54 in over five yea
rs.

Hate to break this to ya but ratings have zero to do with "lies" or "hate". Actually if you put 'hate' on the air your ratings go up.

Ratings measure attention, not assent. A simple count of how many eyeballs that screen is reaching. And their one, and only, function is to determine how much that network can charge for advertising. That's it, full stop.

In other words if you're not either buying or selling commercials on CNN or anywhere else --------- they mean absolutely nothing.

I don't know what ratings mean in Russia where you are but that's what they mean here. And that's also why this topic is not politics --- if it's anything it's Media. There ain't nothing "political" about how much Chevrolet has to pay CNN to run a car ad.
You are a very stupid man, but somehow, you talk down to us because you think we're even stupider than you.

I have several decades in broadcasting. You?

By all means pilgrim, go ahead --- prove any of it wrong.

And that matters why?
CNN has been around for 39 years and they still suck.

Actually your opinion (or mine) matters not a whit. I read a fake definition of what ratings mean, and I corrected it.
And there's fuck-all any of you can do about it.

LOL....thinks viewership doesnt matter.

rs.

Lately I refer to "Media Bias Fact Check" rather than watching any of the propaganda news networks.

Excellent approach. I'm not familiar with the site. At a quick glance it seems to concentrate on weasel wording, which is a worthy quest. Worth a further look, thanks for posting. :thup:

Hypnotized drones have to figure out that the entire concept of television is that of a carnival barker and its whole purpose is to manipulate the gullible into buying shit they don't need.

Well, if they try reporting stories other than the Trump impeachment that never ends, they might get some viewers back.

Their hate for Trump and need to have him removed outweighs their desire for viewers and advertising revenue.

Unfortunately for that theory, "hate for Rump and need to have him removed" pays no bills. Advertising does all of that.
That's the reality of how the world works, like it or lump it.

Well, if they try reporting stories other than the Trump impeachment that never ends, they might get some viewers back.

Their hate for Trump and need to have him removed outweighs their desire for viewers and advertising revenue.

That's really the only reasonable explanation.

Otherwise, why would they have invested so much time into destroying the life of Nick Sandmann with their fake news reports?

Makes no sense, if you care about the bottom fucking line.

Unfortunately for that theory, "hate for Rump and need to have him removed" makes no money. Advertising does.

CNN isn't interested in making money, that's the point.

They are owned by a major corporation and have plenty of money to burn. That's how they can hire talentless hacks for big money and continue to survive

Unfortunately for that theory, "hate for Rump and need to have him removed" pays no bills. Advertising does all of that.
The reality of the world is that the cable networks who spin empty attacks and fake news all day long against Trump the most get the least viewership. And CNN has money in the bank and folks like Soros to get them by for another year. I wonder how many billions you tards have wasted so far fighting to keep Trump out of office or remove him? :auiqs.jpg:

Unfortunately for that theory, "hate for Rump and need to have him removed" makes no money. Advertising does.

CNN isn't interested in making money, that's the point.

They are owned by a major corporation and have plenty of money to burn. That's how they can hire talentless hacks for big money and continue to survive

There's zero point in doing that. ESPECIALLY for a Time Warner size operation. I'm sure conspiracy theories are fun and all for the same set that likes to watch cartoons and read comic books but the real world simply does not work that way.

The reality of the world is that the cable networks who spin empty attacks and fake news all day long against Trump the most get the least viewership. And CNN has money in the bank and folks like Soros to get them by for another year.

Link?

Cue crickets again. Busy, them crickets.

That's really the only reasonable explanation.

Otherwise, why would they have invested so much time into destroying the life of Nick Sandmann with their fake news reports?

Oboy. Another one.

------------ Link?

Gonna need another truckload of crickets.

The reality of the world is that the cable networks who spin empty attacks and fake news all day long against Trump the most get the least viewership. And CNN has money in the bank and folks like Soros to get them by for another year.

Link?

To what? To the same stuff that I've already seen linked to and documented here a HUNDRED times to that you remain in denial over and would only dismiss as fake news or something if linked again?

rs.

Excellent approach. I'm not familiar with the site. At a quick glance it seems to concentrate on weasel wording, which is a worthy quest. Worth a further look, thanks for posting. :thup:

Hypnotized drones have to figure out that the entire concept of television is that of a carnival barker and its whole purpose is to manipulate the gullible into buying shit they don't need.
Why would you follow any of the prime time main stream News media, meaning CNN, FOX NEWS or MSNBC when you live in a bubble? If your mind is made up, Andy Griffith and MASH are available just about 24/7. Star Trek the Next Generation is on Netflix and Longmire reruns are coming to The OUTDOOR Channel HD. On the other hand, maybe you could just read a book. Just sayin. :)

rs.

Why would you follow any of the prime time main stream News media, meaning CNN, FOX NEWS or MSNBC when you live in a bubble? If your mind is made up, Andy Griffith and MASH are available just about 24/7. Star Trek the Next Generation is on Netflix and Longmire reruns are coming to The OUTDOOR Channel HD. On the other hand, maybe you could just read a book. Just sayin. :)

Exactly. It dawned on me years ago that anything I could get from TV I could get from the innernet, and whenever I wanted it too, even music, except for live sports, and I'd have to pay a premium to get that either way, so I fired the box and never looked back, saved wasted cable money too.

Link?

To what? To the same stuff that I've already seen linked to and documented here a HUNDRED times to that you remain in denial over and would only dismiss as fake news or something if linked again?

To the ASSERTION YOU JUST MADE THAT I LEFT HANGING THERE, DIPPY.

You can't do it, can you. Just admit you pulled it out of your ass. Everybody knows.

CNN is down to around half a million prime time viewers. How does the network survive?
It would be very interesting to see how CNN is funded. At 640 thousand viewers they are getting into the range of C-SPAN. Think about it, that's an average of around 12000 viewers per state and does that include airport viewers?

CNN is funded exactly the same way any commercial broadcast outlet if funded --- by running commercials. THAT'S WHAT THEY'RE THERE FOR. How can you possibly sit in front of a TV and not notice endless ads for drugs and oversize pickup trucks and ambulance chaser lawyers and fast foods? Commercial broadcasting has been funded this way since literally 1922.

And as already laid out over and over and over and over in this thread, that's what ratings are for --- to count they eyeballs (or in radio the ears) that an advertiser can reach, to analyze who's behind those eyeballs, and thereby determine what that 30 seconds is worth. Obviously the more eyes or ears you reach, the more you can charge for the same amount of time. That's all it is.

Ratings are of interest to advertising, those buying it and those selling it. They have no function for anything else. As also laid out in this thread over and over and over and over, they cannot measure "approval" or "hate" or "veracity" or any other value judgment. They measure ATTENTION, period. The raw cold number of "how many", irrespective of how they got there. In fact if ratings actually were dependent on veracity as some wags seem to suggest here, it would be impossible to sell soap opera, fake wrestling or naked people on an island forced to eat bugs. Couldn't happen.

You can click a "funny" on this point all you like. What you can't do is refute it.
There is no need for you to claim we can't refute anything. We can, but you and the rest of the left loons are so insane nothing can penetrate the rock hard barrier around you acorn brains.

The words full of hate against the president by those "fake news media" got you bored at one point.

I have been watching them from time to time and was forced to change channels because they indeed are mischievous and talk with evil intentions to cause harm.

They don't report news but make accusations instead.

They are so obsessed with their rejection of seeing their former preferred candidate losing the past presidential elections, that they accuse president Trump for winning it. Lol.

Here is what president Trump and the current administration is about

Here is the Democrat Senators and Representatives with CNN, NBC respond (from their dark world)

CNN Ratings Plunge To 3-Year Low

CNN fell to No. 18 in prime time this past week,” AdWeek reported. “The network aired a lot of specials, re-runs, and gave some of its prime time hosts multiple days off. Nevertheless, a drop is a drop and CNN had its lowest-rated week in 5 years among adults 25-54, and its lowest-rated week in total prime time viewers in almost 3 years.”

On basic cable for total viewers per day, the list is:

Fox News (1,331,000)

Hallmark (1,158,000)

ESPN (975,000)

MSNBC (781,000)

Nickelodeon (686,000)

HGTV (598,000)

Investigation Discovery (569,000)

CNN (539,000)

Lifetime (533,000)

A&E (530,000)

I don’t even know where Hallmark is on my Cox Cable selection.

And, of course Rush Limbaugh takes into it.

CNN is the hate Trump network,” Moore said. “They just trash Trump every single hour of every single day. All they’ve talked about for two years is the [special counsel Robert] Mueller report — and how bad does it make them look now that it proved nothing?”

I’m so thankful that places like Denny’s are no longer showing it.

More @ HATEFEST FAIL: CNN Ratings Plunge To 3-Year Low

The Media and entertainment are at least 95% Democrat controlled and Far Left Progressive. It is a very crowded arena when you have CNN (Time Warner), NBC/MSNBC (Comcast), ABC/ESPN (Disney), PBS, CBS, Washpo (Amazon), JNYT and others. They have very profitable, cash cow corporations behind them so the Leftist Message is far more important than profitability of the propaganda outlets.

Forum List

Back