CNN: Prominent Hillary backer Rothschild to endorse McCain

SolarEnergy1

May 18, 2007
Prominent Clinton backer and DNC member to endorse McCain
Posted: 10:07 PM ET

From CNN Political Editor Mark Preston

WASHINGTON (CNN) — Lynn Forester de Rothschild, a prominent Hillary Clinton supporter and member of the Democratic National Committee’s Platform Committee, will endorse John McCain for president on Wednesday, her spokesman tells CNN.

The announcement will take place at a news conference on Capitol Hill, just blocks away from the DNC headquarters. Forester will “campaign and help him through the election,” the spokesman said of her plans to help the Republican presidential nominee.

Forester was a major donor for Clinton earning her the title as a Hillraiser for helping to raise at least $100,000 for the New York Democratic senator’s failed presidential bid.

In an interview with CNN this summer, Forester did not hide her distaste for eventual Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama.

“This is a hard decision for me personally because frankly I don't like him,” she said of Obama in an interview with CNN’s Joe Johns. “I feel like he is an elitist. I feel like he has not given me reason to trust him.”

Forester is the CEO of EL Rothschild, a holding company with businesses around the world. She is married to international banker Sir Evelyn de Rothschild. Forester is a member of the DNC’s Democrats Abroad chapter and splits her time living in London and New York.
CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Prominent Clinton backer and DNC member to endorse McCain - Blogs from CNN.com

“This is a hard decision for me personally because frankly I don't like him,” she said of Obama in an interview with CNN’s Joe Johns. “I feel like he is an elitist. I feel like he has not given me reason to trust him.”

Obama is an elitist?!

That's rich.

One of the most connected women on the planet, a scion billionairess, a Biltenburger herself, thinks that Obama is an elitist?!?

My God, the big lie technique is in full effect, now, isn't it?

I'm surprised she isn't saying that Obama stabbed the fatherland in the back, too.

Last edited:
Obama is an elitist?!

That's rich.

One of the most connected women on the planet, a scion billionairess, a Biltenburger herself, thinks that Obama is an elitist?!?

My God, the big lie technique is in full effect, now, isn't it?

I'm surprised she isn't saying that Obama stabbed the fatherland in the back, too.

having a fundraiser 30k per head makes Bama more than an elitist.... he's godly to those wacko liberals in hollywood. he's one of them.

This is the funniest shit ever.

Obama, an elitist because he can raise money for a campaign?

If I am the Democratic nominee, I will aggressively pursue an agreement with the Republican nominee to preserve a publicly financed general election." --Barack Obama,

In February 2007, Barack Obama challenged Republican presidential candidates to agree to public financing of the general election. John McCain responded positively, prompting Obama's campaign spokesman, Bill Burton, to call on other Republican candidates to follow suit. The headline in the New York Times: "McCain and Obama in Deal on Public Financing."

I have been a long-time advocate for public financing of campaigns combined with free television and radio time as a way to reduce the influence of moneyed special interests.... My plan requires both major party candidates to agree on a fundraising truce, return excess money from donors, and stay within the public financing system for the general election....If I am the Democratic nominee, I will aggressively pursue an agreement with the Republican nominee to preserve a publicly financed general election.
Barack Obama

(Source Washington Post, Chicago Tribune )

So , here we have his thoughts prior to the big change of mind, I suppose thats okay though because its all about "change" isn't it.

Prominent Clinton backer and DNC member to endorse McCain
Posted: 10:07 PM ET

From CNN Political Editor Mark Preston

WASHINGTON (CNN) — Lynn Forester de Rothschild, a prominent Hillary Clinton supporter and member of the Democratic National Committee’s Platform Committee, will endorse John McCain for president on Wednesday, her spokesman tells CNN.

The announcement will take place at a news conference on Capitol Hill, just blocks away from the DNC headquarters. Forester will “campaign and help him through the election,” the spokesman said of her plans to help the Republican presidential nominee.

Forester was a major donor for Clinton earning her the title as a Hillraiser for helping to raise at least $100,000 for the New York Democratic senator’s failed presidential bid.

In an interview with CNN this summer, Forester did not hide her distaste for eventual Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama.

Forester is the CEO of EL Rothschild, a holding company with businesses around the world. She is married to international banker Sir Evelyn de Rothschild. Forester is a member of the DNC’s Democrats Abroad chapter and splits her time living in London and New York.
CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Prominent Clinton backer and DNC member to endorse McCain - Blogs from CNN.com

Yep, another angry woman shifting to the right, Wow, who would have believed that would happen. This has become so obvious its personal and not about policies anymore.

This is the funniest shit ever.

Obama, an elitist because he can raise money for a campaign?

How much would it cost a middle class American to have dinner with Obama personally? $$$$?? Obama is not the only one who charges $$$$. All politicians do. If you have $$$$, he or she will listen to you. It is easier listening to the rich because they contribute $$$$ than it is to listen to the aggregate of people.

having a fundraiser 30k per head makes Bama more than an elitist.... he's godly to those wacko liberals in hollywood. he's one of them.

Hmmmmmm....you do realize that at the "Meet Mccain Dinner" it was $50,000 a head for the dinner....soooo, I am not so certain who would REALLY be called more of an elitist....both could fit the title to us every day folk imo.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Want Dinner With John McCain In Cincinnati? $50,000 Gets You A Seat At The Table
The Daily Bellwether: Want Dinner With John McCain In Cincinnati? $50,000 Gets You A Seat At The Table
CINCINNATI (TDB) -- The Republican presidential candidate's June 26 fundraiser is co-chaired by former Cincinnati Reds owner Carl Lindner, one of Ohio's richest citizens. A ticket for the dinner goes for $50,000 per couple according to the invitation available on McCain's campaign Web site. A prominent Ohio lobbyist is on the host committee. Although McCain has tried to distance himself from the influence of lobbyists, a Lindner lobbyist with Republican ties is helping with the event. Just so the details don't get lost as time passes, here's what the McCain site shows:

"John McCain returns to Ohio for a finance reception and dinner in Cincinnati on Thursday, June 26, 2008.

"Dinner begins at 5:30 p.m.; a photo opportunity begins at 6:00 p.m.; and the main reception begins at 6:30 p.m. Tickets for the dinner are available to individuals or couples who raise or contribute $50,000; Individuals or couples who raise or contribute $10,000 are invited to the photo opportunity and VIP reception. Tickets to the main reception are $2,300 per person. Business attire is requested."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back