CNN Poll

CNN just released a poll asking registered voters who won the debate, and who watched the debate.

67% Romney
25% Obama

Big win for Romney.

Amazingly, they stopped oversampling Democrats--overnight!

Each poll is different. It's all in the methodology which can be found with any poll. You just usually have to go to the PDF.

Tonight for example CBS's instant poll was based on uncommitted voters. They just told us right up front how they sampled.

And the result was 2 to 1 for Romney with the uncommitted.

CBS News instant poll: Romney wins first presidential debate

CBS News and GFK's knowledge panel recruited 523 uncommitted voters to determine the winner of the first presidential debate between President Obama and Mitt Romney.

Forty six percent thought Governor Romney won the debate and 22 percent thought Mr. Obama did.

CBS News instant poll: Romney wins first presidential debate - CBS News Video

Last edited:
You honestly believe Joe Biden will beat Paul Ryan???? Hilarious! :lol:

If Biden can successfully skewer Ryan for his lies, then yes.

Of course, if Ryan just issues flat denials with a straight face, the polls might suggest that he won.

I was probably too optimistic in making that post. Ryan is too much of a performer to lose.

Well, good luck. He's going to need it to find a Ryan lie.

See the post directly above yours.

It was a tough slog. Romney basically became like water in terms of his position..and extremely aggressive on stage.

Tax cuts..became "Rate Reduction". It's kind of hard to combat that..unless you call it out.

Obama didn't do that.

Question is, will that help his election chances enough to make a difference and can he sustain it over the debates to come. I'll be interested to see if that many minds got changed.

I still find it doubtful he'll be elected. I anticipate the vp debate will be a victory for the Obama camp.

You ARE an Obama fan.....you realze Joe Biden is in the OBama camp in that one......he BURIED Obama and put him back in chains

Question is, will that help his election chances enough to make a difference and can he sustain it over the debates to come. I'll be interested to see if that many minds got changed.

That really is the question. CNN had a focus group of 39 voters who are on the fence watching the debate. After all was said and done, eight of them were leaning Romney, eight were leaning Obama, and the rest were still undecided.

While people watching may believe Romney won the debate, it doesn't mean he changed anyone's mind. I thought he won the debate, but not by much. He certainly did not change my mind though. Also, he left the door wide open for Obama to take it to him on his tax cut plan. The fact is his tax cut plan reduces revenues by $5 trillion until he cuts out many of the deductions to cover that $5 trillion. What he doesn't tell us is where those deductions come from. The fact is that for someone making $1 million per year, they will see a tax cut of approximately $250,000 before the loss of deductions. Does anyone really believe they will find that many loopholes to close up to get that $250,000 back? Romney's tax plan is like Swiss cheese; it's full of holes.

It was a tough slog. Romney basically became like water in terms of his position..and extremely aggressive on stage.

Tax cuts..became "Rate Reduction". It's kind of hard to combat that..unless you call it out.

Obama didn't do that.

I don't know why he didn't. This strategy has never worked for Obama in the past, it just makes him seem like he is afraid of confrontation.

He'd better get over it or he's done.

I suspect the media narrative going forward will be "Romney put in a strong debate performance and mpved the needle to his side." It is likely nonsense. The polls have been skewed to show a tight race because no one wants to read about a landslide for 3 months. Romney has been consistently out polling Obama. But that's dull. This makes better copy.

CNN just released a poll asking registered voters who won the debate, and who watched the debate.

67% Romney
25% Obama

Big win for Romney.

And that's really the wishy washy CNN viewers. Every other poll I've seen has been 77 to 98 percent (I guess a lot of blacks didn't vote).

67% Romney
25% Obama

Big win for Romney.

And that's really the wishy washy CNN viewers. Every other poll I've seen has been 77 to 98 percent (I guess a lot of blacks didn't vote).

We didn't watch it. Was Obama going to turn white during the debate? Since we voted for him because he's black, not because of his policies.:eusa_whistle:

67% Romney
25% Obama

Big win for Romney.

We didn't watch it. Was Obama going to turn white during the debate? Since we voted for him because he's black, not because of his policies.:eusa_whistle:

I know.

Forum List

Back