CNN Poll: Ron Paul, Romney Tied With Obama...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Mitt Romney is all tied up with President Barack Obama in a likely general election matchup, with the president showing signs of weakness on the economy and Romney seen as out of touch with ordinary Americans, according to a new national survey.

And a CNN/ORC International Poll released Monday also indicates that Rep. Ron Paul of Texas is also even with Obama in another possible showdown this November. The survey also suggests the Republican advantage on voter enthusiasm is eroding, which could be crucial in a close contest.

According to the survey, if the November election were held today and Romney were the Republican presidential nominee, 48% say they'd vote for the former Massachusetts governor, with 47% supporting the president. Romney's one point margin is well within the poll's sampling error.

The poll also indicates Paul statistically tied with Obama, with the president at 48% and the longtime congressman at 46%. But according to the poll, the president is doing better against two other Republican presidential candidates. If Rick Santorum were the GOP nominee, Obama would hold a 51%-45% advantage over the former senator from Pennsylvania. And if Newt Gingrich faced off against the president, Obama would lead the former House speaker 52%-43%...

According to the survey, both men are seen as strong leaders, and both are viewed as having the personal qualities that a president should have. Forty-eight percent of Americans say that Obama agrees with them on the issues they care about - not great, but better than the 43% who feel that way about Romney.

"But on the economy - issue number one to most Americans - Romney has a clear advantage. 53% say the former Massachusetts governor can get the economy moving; only 40% say that about President Barack Obama," says Holland. "But the numbers are reversed when voters are asked whether the candidates are in touch with ordinary Americans. Fifty-three percent say that Obama is in touch; only four in ten feel that way about Romney."

Read More:
CNN Poll: Obama tied with Romney & Paul in November showdowns – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

CNN is fully onboard to get Obama re-elected so this Poll has to be a bit disturbing to Obama followers.

Ron Paul supporters aren't going to follow Romney. And Evangelical Christians aka the NeoCons aren't going to vote for a Mormon - not in this century anyway.

Of course considering the American Media seldom, if ever, knows what the hell is going or gets it right even when they do, I wouldn't put much stock in their statistics.

Whether it be gpod or bad,ron paul is gaining steam,on two accounts. Lack of controversy and consistancy.

I agree. In this era of youtube-people don't need to rely slander and attacks to check a candidate's record and what they're done/said in the past. Ron Paul is unbelievably consistent-and I think that receives a lot of attention and positive image-even among people who disagree with him. If for nothing else it makes people think that he can't be bought.

I also think because he has views that both the left and right can adopt (depending on what it is), as well as views that neither really openly agree with is another big selling point for him. In my opinion I think it means he actually thinks about the issues and judges them case by case, and through rose-tainted goggles from either the GOP or Dems. But I don't think that necessarily makes him a "moderate" though. A lot of times that word is used for people who are kind of weak with their views, or just have them to elected in swing states or states that typical vote for the other part. Paul doesn't apology for his view-and doesn't run away from them. He'll say something he believes-even if he knows he'll get booed by the entire audience at times.

Anyways just my 2 cents haha.

Ron Paul supporters aren't going to follow Romney. And Evangelical Christians aka the NeoCons aren't going to vote for a Mormon - not in this century anyway.

Of course considering the American Media seldom, if ever, knows what the hell is going or gets it right even when they do, I wouldn't put much stock in their statistics.

I don't believe for a second that evangelical christians are as unified or short sighted as you do.

I don't believe for a second that evangelical christians are as unified or short sighted as you do.

Well said. Thanks.

Forum List

Back