CNN Poll: Powell vs. Cheney and Limbaugh

I like the headline that reads 'abortion not hurting obama Evidently not,, he's alive and kicking.

:lol:

What does Colin Powell stand for? Except for aligning himself with whomever is in popular and control in Washington at any particular time?

Last edited:
You notice how Colin Powell jumped on the Obama band wagon during the prelims just so he could be appointed to a cabinet position? Guess what?

You notice how Colin Powell jumped on the Obama band wagon during the prelims just so he could be appointed to a cabinet position? Guess what?

No he didn't... he did it because both he and obowma are black. 96% of the black people voted for obawma. He could have been a convicted serial killer and they'd still have voted for him, just because he was black, and they wanted their first black President.

No he didn't... he did it because both he and obowma are black. 96% of the black people voted for obawma. He could have been a convicted serial killer and they'd still have voted for him, just because he was black, and they wanted their first black President.

Those damn racists! :rolleyes:

Colin Powell should of stuck to being a General. He was a great General. He's a piss-poor politician!

Colin Powell should of stuck to being a General. He was a great General. He's a piss-poor politician!

He reminds me of Schwarzenegger. Wildly popular, but once he had to govern and take a stand on things, he failed miserably because making both sides happy is doomed.

Powell can stay popular as long as he does not have to take a stand on anything and govern.

That's basically the same thing. He basically jumped on the Obama band wagon because he was black, and he has been a public figure with a recognizable name. At any rate, he spoke in favor of Obama during the prelims thinking he would get a cabinet position because he was black, and had a public recognized name. He is now retired. :clap2:

Where does Colin Powell stand on bailouts? Amnesty for illegal immigrants? Higher taxes on energy? Government control of healthcare?

It's easy to be popular if you don't take a stand on anything.

Powell was burned by the Bush administration when he was thrown to the wolves. He was fed propoganda concerning WMDs and then sent to the UN to repeat the lie. Bush knew the UN respected and believed Powell. Powell so embarassed himself, that he resigned from the administration.

But keep telling your story. I am enjoying it!

Powell was burned by the Bush administration when he was thrown to the wolves. He was fed propoganda concerning WMDs and then sent to the UN to repeat the lie. Bush knew the UN respected and believed Powell. Powell so embarassed himself, that he resigned from the administration.

But keep telling your story. I am enjoying it!

Where's Colin Powell's BOOK about this. Everyone else wrote a book--he didn't.

He's never really attempted being a politician. I don't think he wants to. That's why he never ran for President himself. The man has principles and for the most part believes in self-reliance over government intervention, but he doesn't see it that way 100% of the time, especially when it involves minorities.

Bottom line is that he has every right to call himself a Republican. I do think he erred in supporting Obama though. It will be interesting to hear what he has to say in a few years.

Forum List

Back