CNN Poll: Americans want KSM tried in military court

The closest precedence we have to this situation is the Nuremberg trials of the NAZI war criminals. And what were they? Military tribunals. You call me crazy for trusting our congress and Supreme Court, Yet you want these mass Murdering scumbags to have all the rights granted to our own citizens. The ones that they would rather kill than look at.

We know where crazy is. :cuckoo:

We put plenty of terrorists from this era on trial, and not one got off scot free. In fact, they are all now spending some quality time in the Supermax prisons that nobody has ever broken out of.

Back in the 80's, Reagan and Co. considered them freedom fighters when they were handing them weapons, CIA training, and other goodies to fight the Soviet Union.

Al Queada didn't exist in the 80's.

The Taliban did, he's confused.

The mujahadeen did, and some who later became Taliban had been mujahadeen. As a movement, the Taliban didn't exist until the 1990's.

What part of wasted Millions is so difficult to Understand? The Military tribunals had already been blessed by the Supreme court and had started. Mr O stopped them. WHY?

It can only be Political BS.

Because all those trials that happened previously were just "political BS." It's not like there was precedent with over a hundred cases or anything for this sort of thing. :cuckoo:

The closest precedence we have to this situation is the Nuremberg trials of the NAZI war criminals. And what were they? Military tribunals. You call me crazy for trusting our congress and Supreme Court, Yet you want these mass Murdering scumbags to have all the rights granted to our own citizens. The ones that they would rather kill than look at.

We know where crazy is. :cuckoo:

Indeed, the poll shows most Americans believe Obama is being a little too Norwegian on this issue.

What part of wasted Millions is so difficult to Understand? The Military tribunals had already been blessed by the Supreme court and had started. Mr O stopped them. WHY?

It can only be Political BS.

Hey we can just use some of all the money we saved by not doing something idiotic in the 'war on terror'...

...like invading Iraq.

Why NY ... because of the "photo op", but when it backfires it will flush the administration.

If its to take years and it will I see a huge burden on NY and jobs and businesses lost as well. Not to mention a huge waste of money because they are never going to be let loose anyway so why fucking bother!? Oh yea .. "photo op"

Of course...nothing to do with the place where the CRIME took place.

Thats how they want YOU to think!
If they actually had the country and people in mind they wouldn't waste the time and money.

Al Queada didn't exist in the 80's.

The fuck they did. Might want to spell them right first off. And the precursor that became Al Qaeda did. Including 8 year on the run terrorist Osama Bin Laden.

All those "freedom fighters" groups we gave all those little goodies too in the 80's under Reagan under the Soviet Union. Do you not recall that? Or how about giving Iraq all those little goodies to fight Iran but then them being pissed at us because they found out about us giving weapons to Iran in secret? You want to talk about the War on Terrorism, we have created many of our enemies and gave them a start.

Modern version Frankenstein.

We did not arm Osama Bin Laden even HE admits that. We armed the Northern groups which are mostly now in the Afghan Government. We did not arm any Arab Foreign fighters. But hey whats a little reality between left wing kool aid drinkers.

I was watching O'Reilly last night, GAASSSSP. Yes I do watch O'Reilly. He had Judge Napolitano on and according to him these guys were Mirandized when they got to Gitmo. Don't know how true it is but there it is.

I think this is purely a political decision. I think Bush, Cheney, the CIA and everyone will be on trial here and it will create a giant circus and traveling show for the terrorists to spew their venom in. Not a good move by Holder since he could just as easily had these guys tried by the Military. Gotta wonder about his motives. Seems politics trump anything else in this WH. Sure hope these guys don't walk because Holder and Ol'BO will have some serious explaining to do.

I was watching O'Reilly last night, GAASSSSP. Yes I do watch O'Reilly. He had Judge Napolitano on and according to him these guys were Mirandized when they got to Gitmo. Don't know how true it is but there it is.

I think this is purely a political decision. I think Bush, Cheney, the CIA and everyone will be on trial here and it will create a giant circus and traveling show for the terrorists to spew their venom in. Not a good move by Holder since he could just as easily had these guys tried by the Military. Gotta wonder about his motives. Seems politics trump anything else in this WH. Sure hope these guys don't walk because Holder and Ol'BO will have some serious explaining to do.

I think you inflate the importance of putting Bush/cheney on trial. I can only speak for myself in that trying people is the right thing to do. Locking people up without charges isn't.

It's really a simple equation. And if you think for one second that they'd allow themselves to be embarrassed by not having enough to convict even without the confession, you're being very short-sighted. They don't have to put Bush on trial.. all they have to do is get a conviction and they make the last administration look bad. All they have to do is take the confession off the table (since they're not obligated to put forth all evidence) and there's no discussion about how the confession was obtained by waterboarding over 170 times. If I were the prosecutor, I sure wouldn't want the defense to be able to deflect using that evidence.

I think you inflate the importance of putting Bush/cheney on trial. I can only speak for myself in that trying people is the right thing to do. Locking people up without charges isn't.

It's really a simple equation. And if you think for one second that they'd allow themselves to be embarrassed by not having enough to convict even without the confession, you're being very short-sighted. They don't have to put Bush on trial.. all they have to do is get a conviction and they make the last administration look bad. All they have to do is take the confession off the table (since they're not obligated to put forth all evidence) and there's no discussion about how the confession was obtained by waterboarding over 170 times. If I were the prosecutor, I sure wouldn't want the defense to be able to deflect using that evidence.

You do realize that those who were "tortured" will not have a trial or be let go? A judge is already deciding this on a case by case basis.

Well Jillian, glad to see you've got it all figured out and you know just what Holder and Ol'BO are thinking. How smart you are.

As for being held for no reason, how about being picked up on a battlefield shooting at American soldiers . Or openly admitting that they planned 9-11?? Good reasons in my book.

These terrorists are not civilian criminals. These are TERRORISTS and should be tried by the military. You can't seem to differentiate between a civilian criminal and a TERRORITST. As for their Rights. Well in my book they don't have any. They do not fall under the Geneva Convention and they sure as hell don't fall under the Civilian code either.

Hope your right Jillian and Holder has his ducks in line because if these guys are aquitted then I think Holder and Ol'BO will have some serious explaining to do to the American public about their motives for trieing them in Civilian Courts when they could have just as easily been tried in a Military Tribunal.

Forum List

Back