CNN poll--27% of democrats want to dump Obama for another candidate.

A new poll by CNN and ORC International finds that 27 percent of Democrats would like to see their party nominate a candidate other than Barack Obama for president in 2012.

In response to the question, "Do you think the Democratic party should renominate Barack Obama as the party's candidate for president in 2012, or do you think the Democratic party should nominate a different candidate for president in 2012?" -- 72 percent said they wanted to see Obama renominated. But 27 percent, slightly more than one in every four, said they wanted to see Democrats nominate a different candidate. One percent had no opinion.

The poll was taken August 24-25. In a survey taken in early August, 28 percent of Democrats said they wanted a different candidate. Polls taken in July and before showed Obama in a stronger position, with no more than 22 percent saying they preferred a different candidate. The current poll is based on interviews with 463 Democrats and has a margin of error of 4.5 percent.

One in four Democrats wants to dump Obama | Campaign 2012

View attachment 14968

It appears that the "chickens have come home to roost" on the Obama administration.

It's mind boggling how he's not being challenged.

It really shows how he owns his collectivist bitches.....

They wont even challenge him...

I suppose they're satisfied with the onset destruction of capitalism - which was the goal from the very start.

I'm not really that impressed. It should be closer to 99% based solely on self interest.

I'm sure Obama's upcoming speech on his "Jobs Plan" will give him a boost. Maybe he'll get up to 39% of Americans approving of his performance. Wow.
Maybe if he sprinkles in some "Hope and Change" bullshit, some "Shovel Ready" shit and a new "Cash for Clunkers" incentive he can hit 39.5

Well hopefully no hostile nation takes American hostages and if that happens, the Republican candidate doesn't start making deals with the hostile nation.

Don't think that would be cool, twice.

Right....

Ummmm, what did the Iranians get out of that deal again? In 1980, I mean.

It seems to me that when someone makes "a deal", both sides get something out of it. That's why they call it a "deal".

(Words mean things, guy.)

The Iran Hostage Crisis wasn't why people voted Carter out. They voted him out because of double digit inflation, near double digit unemployment, gas lines, reinstituting draft registration, Russians in Afghanistan, a weak foreign policy.

If anything, the Iran Hostage crisis prevented Democrats from nominating Ted Kennedy, which is what they really wanted to do, but they didn't want to undercut him while he was dragging out the hostage crisis for a year.

Of course, for those DEMS who actually RECALL when being a DEM means, Obama is a disappointment.

In fact most of the DEM party is something of a disappointment, really.

A new poll by CNN and ORC International finds that 27 percent of Democrats would like to see their party nominate a candidate other than Barack Obama for president in 2012.

In response to the question, "Do you think the Democratic party should renominate Barack Obama as the party's candidate for president in 2012, or do you think the Democratic party should nominate a different candidate for president in 2012?" -- 72 percent said they wanted to see Obama renominated. But 27 percent, slightly more than one in every four, said they wanted to see Democrats nominate a different candidate. One percent had no opinion.

The poll was taken August 24-25. In a survey taken in early August, 28 percent of Democrats said they wanted a different candidate. Polls taken in July and before showed Obama in a stronger position, with no more than 22 percent saying they preferred a different candidate. The current poll is based on interviews with 463 Democrats and has a margin of error of 4.5 percent.

One in four Democrats wants to dump Obama | Campaign 2012

View attachment 14968

It appears that the "chickens have come home to roost" on the Obama administration.

Seems Republicans want to dump all their candidates except "Generic". Who the fuck is "generic"?

I wonder where this Gene Ric guy is?

The Democratic Party avoiding having a primary when their nominee is the incumbent is a relatively recent phenomenon. Ted Kennedy challenged Carter in a 1980 primary, but Bill Clinton never had a primary contender in 1996. Sen. Richard B. Russell challenged Harry Truman in 1948. Of course, neither LBJ or JFK had the opportunity to face an incumbent primary.

There was no reason to challenge Bill Clinton--the economy at that time was relatively good--we were at peace--the only problems he really had were the ones he brought upon himself.

Carter was challenged because--he like Obama--really didn't understand the economy--and was telling us to wear more sweaters in the winter--and eat left-overs.

Obama will not be challenged because Democrats fear that the race card will be pulled out. And that's the only reason-that democrats will have a nominee that is certain to lose and unfortunately he will be taking democrat politicians running for reelection with him.

Last edited:
27% ...

That's like..the majority right?

At least conservatives think so.

Like when they get 2 democratic votes?

That's vast bi-partisan support in the House of Representatives.

I think most of you would prefer Hillary Clinton right now--but you just can't bring yourself to openly admit it.

27% ...

That's like..the majority right?

At least conservatives think so.

Like when they get 2 democratic votes?

That's vast bi-partisan support in the House of Representatives.

I don't know how you expect to win the general election with 27% of democrats voting against Obama-or just simply not voting.-:cuckoo::cuckoo:

But go ahead and try---:lol:

When have 100% of the party members who wanted someone else for the nominee turned around and not voted for the guy who did get the nomination.

Forum List

Back