CNN: Pelosi Process "Beyond Sleazy"

+
CNN's John Cafferty - hardly a conservative, blasts Nancy Pelosis intent to pass the healthcare bill without actually voting on it - a process Cafferty describes as "Beyond sleazy"...

___

Should Pelosi be allowed to push health care through House without a vote?

Posted: 05:00 PM ET
FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

Just when you think you've seen it all in Washington... along comes something like this:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi may call for a vote on a rule that would simply 'deem' the Senate health care bill passed.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi may try to pass the controversial health care reform bill without making members vote on it. Unbelievable.

Pelosi says she might use a procedural tactic where the House will vote on the package of fixes to the Senate bill... and then that vote would signify that lawmakers "deem" the health care bill to be passed.

Politically speaking, this is beyond sleazy. It's meant to protect Democrats - especially those up for re-election in November - from having to make a tough vote. Pelosi says of this process, "I like it... because people don't have to vote on the Senate bill." In Nancy Pelosi's world, accountability is a dirty word.

Cafferty File: Tell Jack how you really feel Blog Archive - Should Pelosi be allowed to push health care through House without a vote? - Blogs from CNN.com

Pelosi is a stupid cow.

Does DEEMING count at pole vaulting over everything to get this clusterfuck passed???

Cafferty is not a Republican. Not that important but just thought i would throw that in there. The Democrats have become all the things they accused the other party of being and much much worse. Absolute Power really does corrupt Absolutely. The Democrats are proof of this. It is sad but it is what it is. Pelosi & Reid gotta go. Make 2010 count people.

i notice not a single dem can answer the question as to why, if h/c is so good for the nation, do dems want to hide their votes? do not answer with republicans did it too....why are dems so afraid to show their vote for h/c?

i notice not a single dem can answer the question as to why, if h/c is so good for the nation, do dems want to hide their votes? do not answer with republicans did it too....why are dems so afraid to show their vote for h/c?

health care for everyone is a good thing......how it gets paid for and run is at issue.....

health care for everyone is a good thing......how it gets paid for and run is at issue.....

so basically, the dems know this bill is not good, they know people want healthcare, but also that people know this bill is worse than going back to the drawing board, so they will hide their votes so come november, they can claim....well, i didn't really support it and i didn't really vote for it

so basically, the dems know this bill is not good, they know people want healthcare, but also that people know this bill is worse than going back to the drawing board, so they will hide their votes so come november, they can claim....well, i didn't really support it and i didn't really vote for it

They want to at least get it established......regardless of how bad it is........so they can tweak it later and tweak it and tweak it and tweak it........

They want to at least get it established......regardless of how bad it is........so they can tweak it later and tweak it and tweak it and tweak it........

why hide their name then? if they support it, why are they afraid to have their name on the vote call? what you're saying is, here is a car that doesn't have an engine or tires, but hey, its a start. we'll tweak it later for you, we just wanted you to have a car now....

why hide their name then? if they support it, why are they afraid to have their name on the vote call? what you're saying is, here is a car that doesn't have an engine or tires, but hey, its a start. we'll tweak it later for you, we just wanted you to have a car now....

It wouldn't be the first gubmint program that got a toe in the door and then expanded to large proportions.

CNN's John Cafferty - hardly a conservative, blasts Nancy Pelosis intent to pass the healthcare bill without actually voting on it - a process Cafferty describes as "Beyond sleazy"...

___

Just when you think you've seen it all in Washington... along comes something like this:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi may call for a vote on a rule that would simply 'deem' the Senate health care bill passed.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi may try to pass the controversial health care reform bill without making members vote on it. Unbelievable.

Pelosi says she might use a procedural tactic where the House will vote on the package of fixes to the Senate bill... and then that vote would signify that lawmakers "deem" the health care bill to be passed.

Politically speaking, this is beyond sleazy. It's meant to protect Democrats - especially those up for re-election in November - from having to make a tough vote. Pelosi says of this process, "I like it... because people don't have to vote on the Senate bill." In Nancy Pelosi's world, accountability is a dirty word.

Cafferty File: Tell Jack how you really feel Blog Archive - Should Pelosi be allowed to push health care through House without a vote? - Blogs from CNN.com

<yawn>

It wouldn't be the first gubmint program that got a toe in the door and then expanded to large proportions.

why are they afraid? because they know the people don't want the car with no engine and no tires, but they do not care what the people think, so they will hide behind their votes on a very large piece of legislation that obama said is so important, we should not have a 50+1 strategy, the house should have an up or down vote, this should be an american bill, not just a democratic bill....now....oh well, let's hide behind our desks and just pass it because my ego is going to explode if it fails

why are they afraid? because they know the people don't want the car with no engine and no tires, but they do not care what the people think, so they will hide behind their votes on a very large piece of legislation that obama said is so important, we should not have a 50+1 strategy, the house should have an up or down vote, this should be an american bill, not just a democratic bill....now....oh well, let's hide behind our desks and just pass it because my ego is going to explode if it fails

Why is it a Democratic bill? As I recall, the Republicans never paid any mind whatsoever to healthcare until the Democrats won the majority and the admin. Then all of a sudden they were full of ideas. They could have done their own healthcare bill back between 2000 and 2006 if they were the least bit serious about it......but they weren't. They thought thinks were fine and dandy then and they still do. They don't want something "different", they simply want nothing.

Why is it a Democratic bill? As I recall, the Republicans never paid any mind whatsoever to healthcare until the Democrats won the majority and the admin. Then all of a sudden they were full of ideas. They could have done their own healthcare bill back between 2000 and 2006 if they were the least bit serious about it......but they weren't. They thought thinks were fine and dandy then and they still do. They don't want something "different", they simply want nothing.

Well, the Repubs did do Medicare Part D. Not that it did much, mind you, but you can't really say they did nothing.

New Topics

Forum List

Back