CNN Invites Islamic Expert to Dispell 72 Virgins Reward for Martyrdom

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
Most religions encourage people to behave. Islam uses sex to get men to carry out jihads. This woman is claiming that it's not 72 virgins Muslim men get for blowing themselves up, it's really 72 raisins that await them after they sacrifice their lives.

"So how does the Quran describe these 72 "raisins?" They have large eyes, big breasts, can’t restrain their glances, and will be wed to the martyr. An odd description of "raisins" if I’ve ever seen one.""

How can the left take this shit seriously?

"C.S. Lewis famously said of his Christian faith "I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity."

The same can hardly be said of Islam, which relies on our innate biological desires to motivate those who adhere to the faith. Case and point: 72 virgins as a reward for martyrdom. All those passages allowing for up to four wives and sex with slaves also can’t hurt either.

CNN recently featured an Islamic "expert" to try to whitewash some of the Quran’s contents, and she’s managed to make the most ridiculous claim yet. As BizPacReview reports:

During CNN’s prime-time special ‘Why They Hate Us’ hosted by Fareed Zakaria, the infamous Muslim advocate says that there’s a big misinterpretation in the Quran when jihadists site that they will receive "72 virgins" when they die.

Zakaria says the Quran’s word for "virgins" actually means "raisins," and therefore jihadists are actually only blowing themselves up for "72 raisins."

http://www.allenbwest.com/analytical-economist/female-islamapologist-makes-ludicrous-claim-about-72-virgins

That's about how many raisins you get in one of those little boxes you can buy in a grocery store, and it would take maybe five minutes to eat them.

Most religions encourage people to behave. Islam uses sex to get men to carry out jihads. This woman is claiming that it's not 72 virgins Muslim men get for blowing themselves up, it's really 72 raisins that await them after they sacrifice their lives.

"So how does the Quran describe these 72 "raisins?" They have large eyes, big breasts, can’t restrain their glances, and will be wed to the martyr. An odd description of "raisins" if I’ve ever seen one.""

"C.S. Lewis famously said of his Christian faith "I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity."

The same can hardly be said of Islam, which relies on our innate biological desires to motivate those who adhere to the faith. Case and point: 72 virgins as a reward for martyrdom. All those passages allowing for up to four wives and sex with slaves also can’t hurt either.

CNN recently featured an Islamic "expert" to try to whitewash some of the Quran’s contents, and she’s managed to make the most ridiculous claim yet. As BizPacReview reports:

During CNN’s prime-time special ‘Why They Hate Us’ hosted by Fareed Zakaria, the infamous Muslim advocate says that there’s a big misinterpretation in the Quran when jihadists site that they will receive "72 virgins" when they die.

Zakaria says the Quran’s word for "virgins" actually means "raisins," and therefore jihadists are actually only blowing themselves up for "72 raisins."

http://www.allenbwest.com/analytical-economist/female-islamapologist-makes-ludicrous-claim-about-72-virgins

You actually think Wikiislam and Allen West ( :cuckoo: ) are real sources?

:lmao:

Muslims are nuttier than Catholics.

Thank the fake gods I overcame my brainwashing
They're on par with Baptists and other Evangelical groups.
Speaking in tongues lol

Fucking lunatics

My neighbor up the road does that. Paces back and forth on her porch preaching to the rest of the street.

The idea is you keep an endless babble of cacophony going even after you run out of things to say -- that's so nobody with a brain can get a word in edgewise.

Speaking in tongues lol

Fucking lunatics

Funny fucking lunatics indeed! If you are not a fundamentalist Christian and you are in the street babbling 1/10th of the crap in the wackiest sections of the bible you could be locked up in the loony bin for your own protection not to mention societies.

It's not only accepted behavior to exhibit full blown insanity as a Fundamentalist Christian, it can be rewarded and give you higher status. Works the same for Mormans and Scientologists.

Speaking in tongues lol

Fucking lunatics

Funny fucking lunatics indeed! If you are not a fundamentalist Christian and you are in the street babbling 1/10th of the crap in the wackiest sections of the bible you could be locked up in the loony bin for your own protection not to mention societies.

It's not only accepted behavior to exhibit full blown insanity as a Fundamentalist Christian, it can be rewarded and give you higher status. Works the same for Mormans and Scientologists.
All organized religion is a scam. Speaking in tongues is not a prerequisite

Speaking in tongues lol

Fucking lunatics

All organized religion is a scam. Speaking in tongues is not a prerequisite

I've been maintaining that for a very long time. If not for their religist cover there are MILLIONS of good fraud cases waiting to be prosecuted. How many elderly have given their houses to the church when they die on the promise that it would ensure them a place in heaven? I personally know of several.

Many in the religions are evil thieving sons of bitches.

You're completely out of your depth and have no idea what you're talking about. There is no reference to 72 virgins in any credible version of the Quran, and the little quips you state have largely been discredited as the work of a group of over-sexed Imams who distorted the text, and are thought of as enemies of Islam.
The reference to large or full breasts was morphed by these fools from the original full cup. As in gardens, vineyards, maidens for companions and a full cup.
Much like the more ludacris chapters of the bible have been removed over the years, these have been as well in what are considered to be legitImate versions on the Q'uran. Enemies of Islam love to perpetuate these myths, which are basically the equivalent of saying that Christians believe they will grow wings and play harps in heaven.

Forum List

Back