CNN Hits 15 Year Low In Ratings...

Discussion in 'Media' started by paulitician, May 17, 2012.

1. paulitician

paulitician Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,976
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately for CNN, “Piers Morgan Tonight” was the apparent victim of the busy night, drawing only 39,000 viewers 25-54 at 9 PM. To say those ratings are anomalous would be something of an understatement. That is the lowest 9 PM weekday demo rating for CNN since at least 1997. While the ratings were an outlier, it was a fairly normal edition of “PMT,” with Morgan hosting. Guests included Jane Lynch and “The man with the golden voice” Ted Williams.

“PMT” drew 284,000 total viewers, which was down from a typical weekday, but not a record-breaking low.

“PMT”s lead-in and lead-out, “AC360,” drew around 90,000 demo viewers at both 8 and 10 PM, also down from a typical weekday this year.

Last week on Twitter, Piers Morgan taunted me with an invitation to come on his show and debate. We responded in the most serious way we could; we reached out directly to his producer and said, "anytime."

Haven't heard back.

Kind of glad now. I can get more attention strolling through a supermarket.

A bad day for the MSM is a good day for America, and today is a very good day for America.

To be fair, though, CNN's problem isn't just Piers Morgan. It's that through the years, the network's brand as a whole has been tarnished.

This is what happens when you insult your audience by pretending to be objective; what happens when you utilize dishonest fact-checking to downplay stories inconvenient to your left-wing agenda; what happens when you bring conservatives on in an attempt to embarrass them, only to see it backfire; what happens when you carry Obama's racially divisive Trayvon Martin water and get it as wrong as anyone can; and what happens when some of your so-called talent is smug, ill-informed, insulting, and not terribly interesting...

Read More:
    Ratings: CNN Hits 15 Year Low

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,677
    Easy fix. Start by firing the suits who thought anyone would watch that stiff Piers Morgan.

3. paulitician

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,976
    Eliot Spitzer?? My God, what a perv. WTF happened to CNN?

4. geauxtohell

geauxtohell Choose your weapon.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    Because CNN sucks.

As evidenced by hiring people off the street (Dana Loecsch) to be "commentators".

I hope they fail.

5. paulitician

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,976
    Yet another reason not to watch.

6. paulitician

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,976
    The ratings don't indicate that. And personally, i'm completely sick of Media Outlets who obsess over the Middle East. I just don't give a damn about that region anymore. It's such old & tired news. Same ole same ole.

7. paulitician

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,976
    It bores me now. I really would like to see this Nation dramatically pull back from the Middle East. I'm just so sick of hearing about the same ole shite over there. I would prefer us being less involved with their internal affairs & conflicts. We have more than enough problems to solve right here at home.

8. paulitician

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,976
    Yeah, they are more established. And they do like to focus on International affairs. It's that whole Big Government Globalist thing for them. They feel interfering with every nations' affairs is America's responsibility. As you can tell, i'm definitely very Anti-Globalist. I've had enough Middle East News to last me several lifetimes. I don't need anymore.

9. paulitician

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,976
    That's true.

10. paulitician

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,976
    Drilling in America wont solve all of our problems. But it could lessen our dependence on foreign oil a bit. There will have to be many solutions implemented to truly meet our energy needs. Drilling here at home is just one solution.