CNN Drops to Last Place Among Cable News Networks

Read my post....where did I say it was left or right

I only said high ratings does not reflect quality of content

but the fact remains....they still watch it over the others...
can any left leaner here tell me why they watch Fox over a "real" news station?....

I'd imagine it's for the same reason I read books written by right-wingers: How can you know what the opposition's viewpoint is without listening to it?

well then by that reasoning the right would all be watching CNN.....and since they dont have great ratings....

but the fact remains....they still watch it over the others...
can any left leaner here tell me why they watch Fox over a "real" news station?....

I'd imagine it's for the same reason I read books written by right-wingers: How can you know what the opposition's viewpoint is without listening to it?

well then by that reasoning the right would all be watching CNN.....and since they dont have great ratings....

Because that requires a desire to be informed. The right just looks to the church of Rush, Sean, and Glenn for guidance.

Because that requires a desire to be informed. The right just looks to the church of Rush, Sean, and Glenn for guidance.

I guess the democrats, and the independents are now watching Fox because of Sean, and Glenn? The reason they go to Fox, is because Fox News will broadcast news that the other media channels refuse to cover. It's that simple, you want news...you go to Fox.

I guess the democrats, and the independents are now watching Fox because of Sean, and Glenn? The reason they go to Fox, is because Fox News will broadcast news that the other media channels refuse to cover. It's that simple, you want news...you go to Fox.

Except Fox doesn't cover the news. Fox is an opinion network.

Except Fox doesn't cover the news. Fox is an opinion network.

That is an EPIC FAIL on your end, Polk

Look at Fox's lineup.
Fox and Friends, which runs GOP strategy memos as "news" stories.
America's Newsroom, where Bill Hemmer has repeatedly been caught making false claims about Democrats.
Neil Cavuto, which is pure opinion.
Ditto Beck.
And O'Reilly.
And Hannity.
Van Susteren is "news", but it's all about missing teens.

Look at Fox's lineup.
Fox and Friends, which runs GOP strategy memos as "news" stories.
America's Newsroom, where Bill Hemmer has repeatedly been caught making false claims about Democrats.
Neil Cavuto, which is pure opinion.
Ditto Beck.
And O'Reilly.
And Hannity.
Van Susteren is "news", but it's all about missing teens.

Harris Faulkner
Jon Scott
Jane Skinner
Shepard Smith
There's more but, I just can't think of their names at this time. But, this should be enough for you to chew on for awhile. Bill Hemmer is good on the news also. I get tired of this lie, lie, lie crap...that's bullshit and no more than a talking point from the left nuts.

It's bullshit... except for the fact that the memo they copy/pasted is public record.

It's bullshit... except for the fact that the memo they copy/pasted is public record.

Polk the only bullshit is coming out of your partisan mouth. Get over it. My first statement is the truth about Fox News....and you can't deal with it. We have a saying in the old country about that, and the saying is....tuff shit.

Polk the only bullshit is coming out of your partisan mouth. Get over it. My first statement is the truth about Fox News....and you can't deal with it. We have a saying in the old country about that, and the saying is....tuff shit.

You need to get over yourself. Throwing a little temper tantrum isn't going to make you right.

You need to get over yourself. Throwing a little temper tantrum isn't going to make you right.

No temper, your just in denial, and I'm getting bored with your epic fails. Have a good evening, Polk.

so your saying the left who watch Fox have no desire to be informed....of which when i see answers like you just gave.....tells me all i need to know about that....

You all understand why FOX is kicking CNNs ass right? Democrats and libs arent generally intellectuals, therefore they spend more of their time watching shows like Jon and Kate +8. Republicans are into current events, politics and intelligent discussions in general, so they watch FOX like crazy.

Now i know that you liberals are going to strongly protest what i just said, and you will do your best to make excuses as to why your networks are failing while FOX is stronger than ever, but riddle me this.... why is the exact same thing happening on the radio? Republican news talk radio is absolutely crushing the competition, precisely because republicans prefer intellectual discussions, while democrats would prefer to listen to music.

It is what it is, the voting base for democrats is largely uneducated and poor people, therefore they dont get into politics and current affairs. Its above their head most of the time. These are the people your party has fought hard to get on their roster, and you succeeded in making poor people think that republicans dont care about them.... well now you can deal with aftermath of having an uneducated voting base. At least they will do whatever your politicians tell them, so you got that going for ya.

Last edited:

so your saying the left who watch Fox have no desire to be informed....of which when i see answers like you just gave.....tells me all i need to know about that....

Reading comprehension is not your friend. What I said was in fact exactly the opposite of how you read it.

You all understand why FOX is kicking CNNs ass right? Democrats and libs arent generally intellectuals, therefore they spend more of their time watching shows like Jon and Kate +8. Republicans are into current events, politics and intelligent discussions in general, so they watch FOX like crazy.

Which is why the most educated voters (those with graduate degrees) favored Obama by an 18-point margin.

Now i know that you liberals are going to strongly protest what i just said, and you will do your best to make excuses as to why your networks are failing while FOX is stronger than ever, but riddle me this.... why is the exact same thing happening on the radio? Republican news talk radio is absolutely crushing the competition, precisely because republicans prefer intellectual discussions, while democrats would prefer to listen to music.

It is what it is, the voting base for democrats is largely uneducated and poor people, therefore they dont get into politics and current affairs. Its above their head most of the time. These are the people your party has fought hard to get on their roster, and you succeeded in making poor people think that republicans dont care about them.... well now you can deal with aftermath of having an uneducated voting base. At least they will do whatever your politicians tell them, so you got that going for ya.

To summarize: If only those ignorant poor could see the light. :lol:

Reading comprehension is not your friend. What I said was in fact exactly the opposite of how you read it.

of the REAL news....you said Fox does not put that out,just BS....so if the leftist watch the make believe news and dont watch the show that puts out the REAL news,then they are no different than those on the right as far as getting the real story....what you said means they are both uninformed.......

of the REAL news....you said Fox does not put that out,just BS....so if the leftist watch the make believe news and dont watch the show that puts out the REAL news,then they are no different than those on the right as far as getting the real story....what you said means they are both uninformed.......

That assumes that Fox is the only media source they're consuming.

Which is why the most educated voters (those with graduate degrees) favored Obama by an 18-point margin.

i bet it aint that now......

No real reason to believe it's dropping significantly. People with graduate degrees have been trending Democratic for years. Obama's performance was an improvement over Kerry (who won them by an 11-point margin in 2004), which in turn was an improvement over Gore's margin (who won them by a four point margin in 2000).

From the New York Times:
CNN Drops to Last Place Among Cable News Networks - Media Decoder Blog - NYTimes.com
CNN, which invented the cable news network more than two decades ago, will hit a new competitive low with its prime-time programs in October, finishing fourth – and last – among the cable news networks with the audience that all the networks rely on for their advertising.
That means revenue is down and going "downer". :lol:
Individually, the CNN shows were beaten resoundingly by all the Fox News programs, but also lost to all of the MSNBC programs, including a repeat of Keith Olbermann’s 8 p.m. edition of “Countdown,” which beat the 10 p.m. hour of CNN’s signature prime-time program, “Anderson Cooper 360.” Again that was a first.
Look how the mighty have fallen. CNN can't even beat the Propaganda Arm of the DNC and White House! :lol:

I think its more than just what Fox News has been doing. Over the past few years I have noticed CNN trying to be an international brand. Whenever I do tune to CNN, it seems like they have way too many foreigners reporting the news and giving their opinions. Do Americans want to listen to some middle eastern "reporters" give their take on our economy and politics?

Forum List

Back