CNN Drops to Last Place Among Cable News Networks

Mad Scientist

Feels Good!
Sep 15, 2008
From the New York Times:
CNN Drops to Last Place Among Cable News Networks - Media Decoder Blog - NYTimes.com
CNN, which invented the cable news network more than two decades ago, will hit a new competitive low with its prime-time programs in October, finishing fourth – and last – among the cable news networks with the audience that all the networks rely on for their advertising.
That means revenue is down and going "downer". :lol:
Individually, the CNN shows were beaten resoundingly by all the Fox News programs, but also lost to all of the MSNBC programs, including a repeat of Keith Olbermann’s 8 p.m. edition of “Countdown,” which beat the 10 p.m. hour of CNN’s signature prime-time program, “Anderson Cooper 360.” Again that was a first.
Look how the mighty have fallen. CNN can't even beat the Propaganda Arm of the DNC and White House! :lol:

So maybe alienating half of your potential audience with rabid, far far far far Lunatic Fringe Leftist views is NOT a winning business model for a media company?

Has Pinch at the NY Times heard about this?

So maybe alienating half of your potential audience with rabid, far far far far Lunatic Fringe Leftist views is NOT a winning business model for a media company?

Has Pinch at the NY Times heard about this?

yep, falsely accusing white America of racism won't boost yer poll ratings CNN. :lol:

Having the best ratings does not mean you are the best news organization. It means that you are the most entertaining news organization and that people tune into you.
Best selling books are not always the best books
Best selling cars are not always the best cars
McDonalds sells more food than anyone...it does not mean they are the best restaurant

Having the best ratings does not mean you are the best news organization. It means that you are the most entertaining news organization and that people tune into you.
McDonalds sells more food than anyone...it does not mean they are the best restaurant

you can choose whatever placebo pleases ya rw. but the fact is, if a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there does anybody hear it? :eusa_angel:

Poor CNN. ( note sarcasm )

How low can you go?
The lowest of the low ... the bottom of the barrel.

Maybe they should think about reporting some important stories, instead of covering for the current administration by ignoring them. All I'm saying is, it's just a suggestion.

Actually it looks like this may be a winning strategy, both on the left and right. Fox is dominant, and attracts a more right-wing audience. As I recall, MSNBC was always at or near the bottom before deciding to go more overtly after a left-wing audience. So it looks like having polarizing figures doing commentary on your news channel is good for ratings.

The vast majority of Americans are so tired of listening to the wingnuts on both sides that the only ones left watching these news shows are the wingnuts themselves.

CNN and MSNBC battling for last place these days!!!

And Fox Nation marches on... :)

Then why RW do the folkes that lean left....watch Fox news?....over a "fair" newscast.....i work with a bunch of them...

Then why RW do the folkes that lean left....watch Fox news?....over a "fair" newscast.....i work with a bunch of them...

Read my post....where did I say it was left or right

I only said high ratings does not reflect quality of content

but the fact remains....they still watch it over the others...
can any left leaner here tell me why they watch Fox over a "real" news station?....

can any left leaner here tell me why they watch Fox over a "real" news station?....
You can't have it both ways. If as the right says, MSM is to the left, it makes perfect sense that their audience would be split, but Fox News' right leaning audience has nowhere else to go.

So if you maintain that the MSM leans left, the entire Fox news ratings argument becomes instant bullshit.

Doug

You can't have it both ways. If as the right says, MSM is to the left, it makes perfect sense that their audience would be split, but Fox News' right leaning audience has nowhere else to go.

So if you maintain that the MSM leans left, the entire Fox news ratings argument becomes instant bullshit.

Doug
thats not what i asked.....

Actually it looks like this may be a winning strategy, both on the left and right. Fox is dominant, and attracts a more right-wing audience. As I recall, MSNBC was always at or near the bottom before deciding to go more overtly after a left-wing audience. So it looks like having polarizing figures doing commentary on your news channel is good for ratings.

Ayup.

I'd imagine it's for the same reason I read books written by right-wingers: How can you know what the opposition's viewpoint is without listening to it?

great....then obama isn't the best president :lol:

Forum List

Back