CNN: Disgruntled Democrats join the Tea Party

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Disgruntled Democrats join the Tea Party

Grand Junction, Colorado (CNN) -- They are not typical Tea Party activists: A woman who voted for President Obama and believes he's a "phenomenal speaker." Another who said she was a "knee-jerk, bleeding heart liberal."

These two women are not alone.

Some Americans who say they have been sympathetic to Democratic causes in the past -- some even voted for Democratic candidates -- are angry with President Obama and his party. They say they are now supporting the Tea Party -- a movement that champions less government, lower taxes and the defeat of Democrats even though it's not formally aligned with the Republican Party.

Disgruntled Democrats join the Tea Party - CNN.com

CaféAuLait;2169112 said:

Grand Junction, Colorado (CNN) -- They are not typical Tea Party activists: A woman who voted for President Obama and believes he's a "phenomenal speaker." Another who said she was a "knee-jerk, bleeding heart liberal."

Some Americans who say they have been sympathetic to Democratic causes in the past -- some even voted for Democratic candidates -- are angry with President Obama and his party. They say they are now supporting the Tea Party -- a movement that champions less government, lower taxes and the defeat of Democrats even though it's not formally aligned with the Republican Party.

It's All GOOD!

oh my,, whatever shall we do now? Were any of them a person of color?

Interesting how more and more favorable coverage of tea parties has occurred once the MSM were successful in helping with HCR. :doubt: From the NY Times to David Letterman, and a few now from CNN. In the next few weeks I expect we'll be treated to 'more problems' with HCR and more coverage of tea parties.

The damage is done, now they can show their 'even handedness'. Of course it follows the reports on ratings and reports to stockholders. The MSM media isn't in good shape.

Madness can be contagious look only at contemporary America. Elect a Martian and see what happens, I warned you all before the election!

"We all are born mad. Some remain so." Samuel Beckett

"Men are so necessarily mad, that not to be mad would amount to another form of madness." Blaise Pascal

CaféAuLait;2169112 said:

Which is basically what I have been trying to tell people all along.

This isn't about parties, its about unresponive government being held responsible.

CaféAuLait;2169112 said:

Disgruntled:

Synonyms:
annoyed, bad tempered, bellyaching, crabbing, crabby, cranky, griping, grouchy, grousing, grumpy, irritable, irritated, kicking, kvetching, malcontent, malcontented, peeved, peevish, petulant, put out, sulky, sullen, testy..,
-------------------

yep that about sums up the Tea Party.

btw, when I left the Democratic party, I did so over principles, not the misanthropic feelings of the troglodytes who are profiled.

Madness can be contagious look only at contemporary America. Elect a Martian and see what happens, I warned you all before the election!
dude-wtf.jpg

Hot Air Blog Archive CBS poll: Believe it or not, support for ObamaCare still eroding

Must be some of the following Dems...

Republicans and independents remain opposed to the reforms, and support has dropped some among Democrats. Now 52 percent of Democrats approve of the new reforms, a drop from 60 percent just before the bill was passed by Congress…

Strange as it is to say, the Tea Party could be Obama's political friends. (something about strangeness and bedfellows bla bla) The best thing that could happen to President Obama would be for the Dems to lose one or both houses in Congress. If he keeps getting his way and his agenda through, he could end up losing in 50 States in 2012. (leaving him 7 plus DC I guess)

This isn't a new development.

The first tea party I went to was in San Francisco last April 15th. We had GOP, Dem, Independent, Libertarian and completely apolitical people.

The one thing everyone agreed upon was that government is Too Big and spending is Out of Control.

The first tea party I went to was in San Francisco last April 15th. We had GOP, Dem, Independent, Libertarian and completely apolitical people.

The one thing everyone agreed upon was that government is Too Big and spending is Out of Control.

Same went for Cincinnati as well. Not a lot of Republican love around here. I sense the Tea Party folks are mostly anti-RINO and anti-DINO and anti-Obama. In short, they are just tired of being lied to. (and tired of paying for the failures... in their case, literally)

Not a lot of Republican love around here. I sense the Tea Party folks are mostly...and anti-Obama...

:eusa_shhh:

Not a lot of Republican love around here. I sense the Tea Party folks are mostly...and anti-Obama...

:eusa_shhh:

OK anyone know? Is Dante really Maureen Dowd or just prone to Dowdism do to selective hearing and reading?

So, if this paans out, we have the beginning of the merging of the far right and the far left. This is going to be interesting to watch.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back