CNN decides on a groundbreaking debate format for Republicans

Strange the way so many Republicans see the worst right wing radicals with their terrible and delusional ideas as good for the country.

I'm not a Republican. I'm a Conservative. That's why I rarely find candidates on either side of the aisle that I can vote for.

It's amazing to see the concepts that every nation was built on for centuries referred to a "terrible and delusional". Conservatism is about maintaining Traditional Values and Morals; why would ANYONE believe that ANY Conservative would be interested in "growing" or "evolving"?
It's not amazing at all.

Concepts such as slavery, segregation, misogyny, and anti-miscegenation defended by conservatives for centuries are indeed terrible and delusional; just as conservatives today seeking to defend denying women their privacy rights, gay Americans their equal protection rights, immigrants their due process rights, and minorities their voting rights are terrible and delusional.

Conservatism is about seeking to compel conformity through force of law, by increasing the size and authority of government at the expense of individual liberty, and by seeking to disadvantage those who engage in dissent and expressions of individual liberty.

Indeed, conservatism is about the unwarranted fear of change and diversity, and the desire of those on the authoritarian, reactionary right to resist change even if that means violating the civil rights of citizens.

This is truly interesting:

CNN announces details of Republican presidential debate - CNNPolitics.com

The Sept. 16, 2015 event will be divided into two parts featuring two groups of candidates. One grouping will feature the top 10 candidates according to public polling, and the other will include candidates who meet the minimum threshold of 1 percent in public polling but are ranked outside the top 10...

FYI

The only interesting thing about the Republican debates will be watching each of them try to convince everyone that they are the most conservative, or that they are not moderates but that they really are conservative. They will do exactly what Romney did, moving so far to the right that the independents will find they don't care for any of them very much. Hillary is likely to win the general election against any of them by bigger numbers than what Obama beat Romney by.

Exactly my thoughts: in order to have a hope of getting enough support from the red-meat loving Extreme RW base, the candidates will have to tack so hard to the Right in order to get the nomination, and the crazy-assed stuff they have so say to do this then becomes a poison pill in the GE. Only, there are even more extreme Righties in the GOP field now than were in 2012, so this could be very interesting to watch....
At some point republicans are going to have to realize that the campaign for the presidency starts well before the primaries begin, not after the nominating conventions; and that one's positions on the issues before the primaries start are just as important as his positions on the issues should he win the nomination.

Democrats don't have this problem, of course, having relegated extremists in their party to the political backseat by 1992; something republicans have failed to accomplish to their detriment.

Democrats also have the advantage where what was once considered 'extreme' in 1992 is considered mainstream today, such as affording gay Americans their comprehensive civil rights.

Americans have always and will always reject extremism – be it left or right; democrats have learned this lesson, republicans, not.

Concepts such as slavery, segregation, misogyny, and anti-miscegenation defended by conservatives for centuries are indeed terrible and delusional; just as conservatives today seeking to defend denying women their privacy rights, gay Americans their equal protection rights, immigrants their due process rights, and minorities their voting rights are terrible and delusional.

Those concepts gave served humanity perfectly well for thousands of years and would have for thousands more except that you morons had to stick your nose into things and screw it all up.

Conservatism is about seeking to compel conformity through force of law, by increasing the size and authority of government at the expense of individual liberty, and by seeking to disadvantage those who engage in dissent and expressions of individual liberty.

Conservatism is about Right and Wrong which very often have to be enforced by Law and Violence. Right and Wrong are not malleable concepts and there's no middle ground. It's not about Government. It's about Morals and ensuring that the immoral cannot corrupt the Moral.

Indeed, conservatism is about the unwarranted fear of change and diversity, and the desire of those on the authoritarian, reactionary right to resist change even if that means violating the civil rights of citizens.

People don't have Rights in a proper society. They EARN Privileged by proving they can act properly.

That's REALLY sad!!!

I got to see the dark side of the human heart before I was old enough to be in kindergarten. I've see the blackness of humanity my entire life. Reality is that life sucks. You come into the world with nothing and leave with less. Happiness is a dream that will always be out of reach. Just understand that and you'll realize how shitty life is and always will be.

That's REALLY sad!!!

I got to see the dark side of the human heart before I was old enough to be in kindergarten. I've see the blackness of humanity my entire life. Reality is that life sucks. You come into the world with nothing and leave with less. Happiness is a dream that will always be out of reach. Just understand that and you'll realize how shitty life is and always will be.

I bet that you are really in demand at parties.

This is truly interesting:

CNN announces details of Republican presidential debate - CNNPolitics.com

The Sept. 16, 2015 event will be divided into two parts featuring two groups of candidates. One grouping will feature the top 10 candidates according to public polling, and the other will include candidates who meet the minimum threshold of 1 percent in public polling but are ranked outside the top 10...

FYI

Debates aren't. Their join press conferences and political theatre like pro "wrestling." :)
**they're joint

Resident perv.

I bet that you are really in demand at parties.

I don't get invited to many and attend only a small percentage of those I am invited to. Parties are generally full of drinking, smoking, drugs and other immoral behavior which I cannot stand to be around
Maybe you are better suited for funerals...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

I was thinking, the GOP debates should be run like the "Gathering" in Highlander.

Give them swords and let them decapitate each other.

"There can be only one!"

The dem debates will feature only 2 candidates: Hillary are the person who will actually be the nominee

Since the FOX rules require a top ten finish in national polls, GOP candidates can't limit themselves to Iowa and NH. They have to go national with their ads. And when the appeal-to-the-crazy-base campaigns go national, the Republicans as a whole will look ridiculous, as happened in 2012.

The lessened number of GOP debates was supposed to fix that problem, by helping Republicans hide their actual beliefs from the voters, but the new rules brought the problem right back. Hence, Democrats are very happy with these new GOP debate rules.

Forum List

Back