CNN: Credible Al Qaida Threat

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
'Credible threat' from al Qaeda in Yemen - CNN.com

'Credible threat' from al Qaeda in Yemen

From Ed Henry, Dan Lothian and Jeanne Meserve, CNN
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Concerns raised over info that al Qaeda already adapting to new measures, official says
United States has some information about time frame of threat, one source says

Washington (CNN) -- The United States is closely monitoring a "credible threat" from al Qaeda in Yemen against the U.S. homeland, two senior officials told CNN.

At the same time, one official Wednesday cautioned that the threat is fairly general in nature and does not have too much specificity -- and the second said this is not a case of "we connected the dots to something imminent."

The first official did say, though, that the U.S. had gleaned that al Qaeda is already "adapting" to new U.S. security measures and that, in part, has raised the concerns.

A third source said that in following up on accused Christmas Day airplane bomber Omar Farouk AbdulMutallab, officials came across some information relevant to aviation. A fourth source confirmed the information has to do with aviation and al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP). The level of concern is "measurable" this source said, adding "There is more prickling of the neck hair."

The U.S. has some information about time frame, this source continued, saying, "It is more definitive than it usually is."...

So does this mean if an attack happens, the Obama administration will be blamed for not stopping it? I mean, they were warned.

-TSO

So does this mean if an attack happens, the Obama administration will be blamed for not stopping it? I mean, they were warned.

-TSO

Well it is a warning. Who cares about the where, when, how. A warning is a warning and they should be prepared to take the blame if anyone dies on American soil. Despite the warning of course.

As the original report said, 'more specificity' than usual:

Officials: al Qaeda "Ongoing Credible Threat" - World Watch - CBS News

January 14, 2010 4:44 PM
Officials: al Qaeda "Ongoing Credible Threat"

U.S. government officials tell CBS News Thursday that there is an "ongoing credible threat" from al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, the group that claimed responsibility for sending the Christmas Day bombing suspect, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab. A senior official tells CBS News that the U.S. intelligence community is hearing chatter about other planned attacks against the United States and that the Christmas Day attempt was not a one-shot deal.

This mirrors reports in both Canada and France, reports CBS News correspondent Sheila MacVicar . In France, the visible level of security at transportation hubs has increased. A French intelligence source tells CBS News that it is a direct result of "worrying intelligence" that is reminiscent of the pre-Sept. 11 chatter and the feeling that "something is is coming." ...

Indeed, I heard that there were weapons of mass destruction in Yemen as well. America must invade. :rolleyes:

Indeed, I heard that there were weapons of mass destruction in Yemen as well. America must invade. :rolleyes:

Mustn't confuse the issues. This thread isn't on Iraq which is the reference, no? In any case, to expect this administration or any to ignore the chatter, wrong.

What was missed by the 'liberals' regarding the post warning to Bush, they were monitoring and worried about the 'chatter.' They lacked the specificity and warnings about the pilot schools. Why? That's the connecting-the-dots problem, which appears by all sources to be reverting to 9/10. NOW, there is time for Obama to change that. If not, with the warnings being publicized? If it is prevented, he'll get credit; if fails, no Kumbaya moment.

I remember the years of the Bush Presidency.. the libtards all told us the "war on terror" was just in our overactive imaginations. Imagine that.

Mustn't confuse the issues. This thread isn't on Iraq which is the reference, no? In any case, to expect this administration or any to ignore the chatter, wrong.
The quip was an attempt to highlight the incompetence of American intelligence agencies where "terrorism" is concerned.

What was missed by the 'liberals' regarding the post warning to Bush, they were monitoring and worried about the 'chatter.' They lacked the specificity and warnings about the pilot schools.
A convert named Aqil Collins made the mistake of offering his services to the CIA after he returned from jihad in Chechnya. He ended up working with the FBI. He came into contact with a man named Hani Hanjour and told his handlers that the man was taking flight lessons. Of course, nothing was done and Flight 77 ended up in the western wall of the Pentagon. Collins also had an opportunity to travel to a training camp operated by Usama bin Laden himself, something the FBI categorically disallowed. Needless to say, he no longer works with the US government. These are the intelligence agencies that are supposed to be protecting America... I have absolutely no confidence in them or their ability to apprehend "terrorist" attacks.

Forum List

Back