CNN As Metaphor For the Progressive Movement

Campbell Brown...Larry King...Lou Dobbs...Christiane Amanpour...have all left the premier left of center cable network.

Coincidence?

CNN's senior Middle East editor, Octavia Nasr...Jonathan Klein, the president of the beleaguered CNN/U.S. cable channel, is being replaced by Ken Jautz, the head of the tabloid-oriented sister channel HLN, the company said Friday.

...very popular and attractive anchor woman, Betty Nguyen, is leaving CNN news ...Another loss for the network: Abbie Boudreau has reportedly left....

The channel’s biggest star, Anderson Cooper, is close to leaving it behind, according TheWrap.com....Heidi Collins, who had been anchoring “CNN Newsroom” during that time, is leaving the network.

Tony Harris will no longer be with CNN at the end of this year.

Couldn't get any traction in the other thread on this, I see. Carry on.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/148550-obamateurism-of-the-year.html

Really?

Looks like the thread was, actually, prescient!
Check this out: John Roberts...

"The anchor announced he was leaving CNN's American Morning in December."
John Roberts Named Fox News Correspondent - The Hollywood Reporter

Now get this: guess where he's going?

"John Roberts is joining Fox News as an Atlanta-based senior national correspondent."

Gotta be a stake through the heart, huh?

Not really. What you're not getting is that reporters/opinionators/journalists come and go all the time, just like secretaries/managers/CEOs come and go all the time from any other business. But I wish John Roberts well. He has been consistently fair, and hopefully he'll bring that to Fox.

Really?

Looks like the thread was, actually, prescient!
Check this out: John Roberts...

"The anchor announced he was leaving CNN's American Morning in December."
John Roberts Named Fox News Correspondent - The Hollywood Reporter

Now get this: guess where he's going?

"John Roberts is joining Fox News as an Atlanta-based senior national correspondent."

Gotta be a stake through the heart, huh?

Not really. What you're not getting is that reporters/opinionators/journalists come and go all the time, just like secretaries/managers/CEOs come and go all the time from any other business. But I wish John Roberts well. He has been consistently fair, and hopefully he'll bring that to Fox.

Seems like an awful lot of CNN "reporters/opinionators/journalists come and go all the time,"....

Must be a coincidence.

Funny how that coincidence lines up with the drop in viewership at CNN....
but, I guess, cable audiences "...come and go all the time,"....

Golly....seems that it also seems to resonate with approval rating of President Obama...but, heck, presidential popularity does seem to "...come and go all the time,"....

And elections of representatives....seems to...well, you know.

Maybe that wasn't such a bad title for an OP?

Campbell Brown...Larry King...Lou Dobbs...Christiane Amanpour...have all left the premier left of center cable network.

Coincidence?

CNN's senior Middle East editor, Octavia Nasr...Jonathan Klein, the president of the beleaguered CNN/U.S. cable channel, is being replaced by Ken Jautz, the head of the tabloid-oriented sister channel HLN, the company said Friday.

...very popular and attractive anchor woman, Betty Nguyen, is leaving CNN news ...Another loss for the network: Abbie Boudreau has reportedly left....

The channel’s biggest star, Anderson Cooper, is close to leaving it behind, according TheWrap.com....Heidi Collins, who had been anchoring “CNN Newsroom” during that time, is leaving the network.

Tony Harris will no longer be with CNN at the end of this year.

This thread is a metaphor for the intellectual bankruptcy of the USMB right.

I see CNN's drop in viewership as an indicator that people are more interested in their daily fixes, happily provided for the right by Fox and for the left by MSNBC. And THAT is a sad commentary on our times.

And btw, John Roberts had already indicated a desire to move to Atlanta to be closer to his fiancée, CNN anchor Kyra Phillips, who is pregnant with twins.

I see CNN's drop in viewership as an indicator that people are more interested in their daily fixes, happily provided for the right by Fox and for the left by MSNBC. And THAT is a sad commentary on our times.

And btw, John Roberts had already indicated a desire to move to Atlanta to be closer to his fiancée, CNN anchor Kyra Phillips, who is pregnant with twins.

You're not purposely being misleading, are you?

Roberts had indicated that his move was as a CNN apparachik:

"John Roberts is finalizing a contract to leave "American Morning" and start a new life as a CNN national correspondent in At lanta, where his pregnant fiancée, Kyra Phillips, anchors "CNN

Read more: John Roberts to leave 'American Morning' in the new year - NYPOST.com

I guess he decided to leave the darkside, huh?

So, when are you coming over to the right?

"John Roberts is finalizing a contract to leave "American Morning" and start a new life as a CNN national correspondent in At lanta, where his pregnant fiancée, Kyra Phillips, anchors "CNN

Read more: John Roberts to leave 'American Morning' in the new year - NYPOST.com

Not anytime soon, count on it.

Now, Mags....you don't want to be the USMB-Hiroo Onoda, do you?

Let me give you a little nudge: take a look at my thread about the Washington Post exposing the Valerie Plame fraud.

Let me give you a little nudge: take a look at my thread about the Washington Post exposing the Valerie Plame fraud.

This is the type of example where your thinking always gets muddled: You're trying to attack two entirely separate issues with one shot. Everyone knows, me included, that the Plame thing was controversial AND we all [should have] by now known the outcome and who leaked what first, blah blah blah. The movie about it is just that: A movie. All movies, unless they are documentaries, usually contain fictional accounts and embellishments IN ORDER TO SELL THE MOVIE!!!

But next you decide that the Washington Post is biased, based on an EDITORIAL, which bears this caveat at the outset:

"WE'RE NOT in the habit of writing movie reviews."
Hollywood myth-making on Valerie Plame controversy

The Post also is not in the habit of preferential treatment of one party over another, even on its editorial pages; only in the warped minds of those who cannot stand straight reporting that tells the truth, that is.

Pick your issue. Do you want to revisit Plamegate or continue to look like a fool by alleging that the Washington Post is biased, according to your "other thread" which is linked below since you did not.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/reviews/148991-washington-post-exposes-valerie-plame.html

Sorry, but you will never get me to agree that ANY of the news sources YOU continue to quote are the only honest ones and that I should come over to your "side." Because you are dead wrong. I subscribe to the National Review magazine and have become so frustrated at its inmyface bias and constant trashing of anything not over-the-top-far-right-wing that I threw out the most December 31st edition with John Bolton on the cover after reading the first few pages where they summarize the news of the previous week. And further issues will wind up under coffee grounds too. Thank God my subscription expires in March. William F. Buckley, Jr., must do a turn in his grave every time an issue comes out, it has become such a distortion of truth by printing half-truths in every single issue.

The ratings of the big three in cable 'news' are directly proportionate to the number of 'hot' blonde women employed on-air. That is not a cause and effect claim, merely an observation of a mathematical fact. Someone else can make or break the case for cause and effect.:lol:

Seriously, there is no real market for 24/7 news, in the strict sense of the word news. Most people can get all the news they need or want in any given day in less than an hour. So cable 'news' channels have to try to hold those viewers for longer than <one hour per day with something else,

something that is not news, but is interesting, or entertaining. Fox 'news' does that by being a TV version of rightwing talk radio, which is a proven entertainment success.

This is the type of example where your thinking always gets muddled: You're trying to attack two entirely separate issues with one shot. Everyone knows, me included, that the Plame thing was controversial AND we all [should have] by now known the outcome and who leaked what first, blah blah blah. The movie about it is just that: A movie. All movies, unless they are documentaries, usually contain fictional accounts and embellishments IN ORDER TO SELL THE MOVIE!!!

But next you decide that the Washington Post is biased, based on an EDITORIAL, which bears this caveat at the outset:

The Post also is not in the habit of preferential treatment of one party over another, even on its editorial pages; only in the warped minds of those who cannot stand straight reporting that tells the truth, that is.

Pick your issue. Do you want to revisit Plamegate or continue to look like a fool by alleging that the Washington Post is biased, according to your "other thread" which is linked below since you did not.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/reviews/148991-washington-post-exposes-valerie-plame.html

Sorry, but you will never get me to agree that ANY of the news sources YOU continue to quote are the only honest ones and that I should come over to your "side." Because you are dead wrong. I subscribe to the National Review magazine and have become so frustrated at its inmyface bias and constant trashing of anything not over-the-top-far-right-wing that I threw out the most December 31st edition with John Bolton on the cover after reading the first few pages where they summarize the news of the previous week. And further issues will wind up under coffee grounds too. Thank God my subscription expires in March. William F. Buckley, Jr., must do a turn in his grave every time an issue comes out, it has become such a distortion of truth by printing half-truths in every single issue.

Never mind, never doubt.

I've seen flashes of insight from you...so I'll keep a place open for you.

At some point you'll recognize the error of you ways....

Ecclesiastes 10:2The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

Never mind, never doubt.

I've seen flashes of insight from you...so I'll keep a place open for you.
That's only because, as I keep telling you (and everybody else), I'm not a "lefty" according to the general characterization especially by people who post here.

At some point you'll recognize the error of you ways....
Politically, I'm rarely wrong.

Ecclesiastes 10:2The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.
And I'm so sure that verse refers specifically to Republicans and Democrats/Conservatives and Liberals. :doubt:

One day I hope you realize that tunnel vision such as yours cripples expansion of intellectual horizons. That's because nothing in this world is pure except pure mathematics, which is free from all vitiation.

Forum List

Back