CNBC: The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
The top 1% of families took home an average of 26.3 times as much income as the bottom 99% in 2018, according to NEW NEWS by MSNBC. And some states are more unequal than others, with the Northeast and West Coast outpacing the rest of the country.

jesus broman---this is the 2nd thread on being poor !
where I live prices have gone up regularly --but you just have to adjust
I'm not a go getter--I'm not lazy--I work hard and my employer sees that
I'm just not motivated to ''want'' more--$$$$/etc
some people/cultures are just like that
....some of these people making the $$$$ start out with nothing.....they worked hard and have the ambition to succeed --
...there's nothing stopping you from getting more $$$$--except maybe ambition/intelligence/drive/etc......????
....the owner of the company I work for probably makes a LOT more than I do--but he started the company with nothing ....2 work benches....now he has a whole plant--more than 1.....and I am grateful he has hired me
...can they afford to pay us more?? probably
but different companies pay different wages..different jobs demand different wages

The top 1% of families took home an average of 26.3 times as much income as the bottom 99% in 2018, according to NEW NEWS by MSNBC. And some states are more unequal than others, with the Northeast and West Coast outpacing the rest of the country.
The vulture chart taught us that almost five decades ago, that tax cuts for the wealthy do not work. Middle class wages flat, while the 1% get a 270% increase; Introducing Ed's 'vulture chart' The rest is history, while the Republican Sheep cling to a five decade long myth, thanks to Ronald Reagan.

the top 1% making so much does not mean the lower class is not getting paid enough
First off, that has nothing to do with the price of tea in China. Secondly, stop making excuses for a failed policy. Anyone with a brain the size of a grasshopper knows that 270% to 1% in wage increase is a 100% failed economic policy. Wake up. Tax cuts for the wealthy is a five decade long scam.

the top 1% making so much does not mean the lower class is not getting paid enough
First off, that has nothing to do with the price of tea in China. Secondly, stop making excuses for a failed policy. Anyone with a brain the size of a grasshopper knows that 270% to 1% in wage increase is a 100% failed economic policy. Wake up. Tax cuts for the wealthy is a five decade long scam.
if you want to talk shit, so can I
please refer to the TITLE jackass
''''poor are getting poorer''''
1. the OP has no link/nothing to back up the poor getting poorer
2. neither do you
yes--it IS related to the OP

poor
po͝or,pôr/
adjective
  1. 1.
    lacking sufficient money to live at a standard considered comfortable or normal in a society

2. neither do you

poor
po͝or,pôr/
adjective
  1. 1.
    lacking sufficient money to live at a standard considered comfortable or normal in a society
Your semantic dodge does not automatically make reality disappear. Math is math. I don't care how much semantic spin you put on it.

The United States performs very well in many measures of well-being relative to most other countries in the Better Life Index.
OECD Better Life Index
poor are getting poorer???!!!!!
The 25 poorest countries in the world
Poorest-countries-in-the-world-ranking-map.jpg

these ''poor'' people have smart phones/eat out/etc
....also, as stated in bro's threads, a lot of their ''poorness'' has to do with stupid/bad decisions/plans/having kids/etc

2. neither do you

poor
po͝or,pôr/
adjective
  1. 1.
Your semantic dodge does not automatically make reality disappear. Math is math. I don't care how much semantic spin you put on it.
Moron, focus on the topic instead of trying to change it.

in this case, it does.
so a significant portion of the lower 99% are poor--because the 1% are getting richer?
sure; you could put it that way. tax cut economics is public policy that simply favors capitalists of wealth under our form of Capitalism. And, the right wing prefers to cut social services for the poor than cut our alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror, that the right wing refuses to Pay for anyway, with real and not fake times of War, tax rates.

Weird, where are these poorer folk? Seems like everyone has a cell phone and flat screen.

New Topics

Forum List

Back